JLA, Justice league, Superman & Action Comics > current bat titles

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
#1 Edited by HauntedGraveyard (163 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my opinion. I did not create this thread to troll. I am not a troll. With that being said, lets continue.

I've been enjoying these rebirth titles more than either of the rebirth Batman titles which is sad to say since I'm a huge Batman fan and Batman is my favorite character.

I feel that Justice League and JLA both have a better depiction of Batman than the 2 main bat-titles (batman and detective comics).

I'm really enjoyng the current Justice League and JLA arcs because they have better stories imo.

I hate all star batman BUT i decided to pick the latest issue with mad hatter and enjoyed it more than anything I've read from Batman or Detective Comics.

I enjoy Superman and Action Comics more than batman and 'tec for the same reasons.

I recently read the latest issue of Batman. While it was cool to see [i removed the spoiler cause i didn't use the spoiler tag properly] it has no substance. At some points it reminded me of Batman and Robin whenever he said [i removed s oiler because i didn't use the spoiler tag properly]. I'm not kidding. Batman and Robin is the first thing I thought of whenever Bane [removed spoiler because i didn't use spoiler tag properly]

The stories for the Batman title have been pretty lackluster if I'm being honest. I think we need new writers on Batman and eventually put the focus back on Batman in tec. Now that Batwoman has her own series it would be nice, imo, to stop showing her and her father in 'Tec. I have no problem with other characters being in 'Tec but I don't think they should be the main characters.

I think bats should get the spotlight once the loa arc is over and im personally sick of Batman being treated like he's an idiot when it comes to arguments with other team members. None of this is present, or at least I haven't noticed it nearly as much, if at all, in JLA or Justice League.

What are your viewpoints? I am interested in reading your comments.

Avatar image for batofgotham2000
#2 Posted by batofgotham2000 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom King is not terrible by any means but what he writes doesn't really get me engaged like Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder. Really wish there is some really big event that brings together the whole bat family like death of the family.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I get that it's your opinion but every Batman, Nightwing & Detective Comic>JL

#4 Edited by LordWhiskers (451 posts) - - Show Bio

The JLA titles suck. I agree with the rest

#5 Posted by TVC-15 (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League is still mediocre and will be until Hitch is gone.

#6 Posted by laughingbatman (924 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my opinion. I did not create this thread to troll. I am not a troll. With that being said, lets continue.

Seems legit....

Also a tip: When mentioning a spoiler, use the spoiler block, don't just say "spoiler" and then start typing out what happens in an issue that just released TODAY, as many people may not have been able to get to their respective shops yet to read it. That being said...

JLA is still too early to really determine if it's better than any other titles. It's had it's Rebirth issue and 2 other issues. The Bat titles have had almost 20, and All Star is on 8 I believe.

JL is meh for most people. It's very lackluster so far and they are trying to make complex stories with The Kindred and The Timeless

Superman and Action Comics are by common consensus the best titles out right now, which is great and I do agree that they are very good. Batman under King needs some work. The first issue was great IMO, then got weird/bad with I AM GOTHAM and I AM SUICIDE. And that Batman/Catwoman 2 issue story as well. I AM BANE so far has been better, and The Button is looking promising. Tec on the other hand has actually been really good minus the issues involving the Monster Men crossover and The Crime Syndicate. The first story with Tim "dying" and this recent introduction of Lady Shiva have been solid.

The only negative part of All-Star are those issues that JrJr was on. That' a great title.

#7 Posted by laughingbatman (924 posts) - - Show Bio

It hasn't even gotten to it's third issue yet. Calm yourself.

#8 Posted by LordWhiskers (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhiskers said:

It hasn't even gotten to it's third issue yet. Calm yourself.

And the first two issues sucked. But I'm talking about the other JL title by Hitch.

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
#9 Posted by HauntedGraveyard (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for not using the spoiler tag correctly. Im on mobile and didn't see an option for it. I thought if i put it in brackets it would work. Sorry about that

#10 Posted by laughingbatman (924 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for scott_summers52
#11 Posted by scott_summers52 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has better comics coming out than Batman for the first time in a while. Hitch's JL is a big step down from Geoff Johns' run, which I liked. I agree and disagree with your statement.

#12 Posted by Eto (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with everything except JL.....it's mediocre. Glad I dropped it.

#13 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the exception of JL because I haven't read it yet. Despite the hate I want to give it a shot. All of that being said, I still liked detective comics vol 1 a lot, though not quite up to the level I liked JLA, Action Comics, and Superman. Haven't made it past vol 1 though so we will see. Batman was terrible however I found that not only were these titles better but so were Hal Jordan and the GL corps and the Flash

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.