Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

is everyone more high tech than batman

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

i read batman 11,and to be honest,it was good...but honestly,why is it that nearly everyone is more high tech than batman,his new 52 technological feats,which i dont really see much,arent impressive...(and what are all of them).....but even his brother,who had an ancient looking armor,could fly...do people miss out the part of batman SUPPOSED to being high tech......and again,can somebody please post the technological feats of new 52 bats

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Saucedo17

Now that I think about it other then his computer Batman equipment hasn't really been upgraded.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

@cameron83 said:

i read batman 11,and to be honest,it was good...but honestly,why is it that nearly everyone is more high tech than batman,his new 52 technological feats,which i dont really see much,arent impressive...(and what are all of them).....but even his brother,who had an ancient looking armor,could fly...do people miss out the part of batman SUPPOSED to being high tech......and again,can somebody please post the technological feats of new 52 bats

I don't like a high tech Batman, and I don't think many other people do either.

Batman is a detective and a strategist. Leave time machines to Luthor.

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingdomenic

@cameron83:

Batman isn't supposed to be "high tech" as much as he is supposed to be always prepared. His gadgets in the past have given the impression that he is high tech, but in the end they were more a part of him always being prepared for any situation.

Funny you should point out how his brother could fly and he couldn't. I was more impressed that Batman had a tiny explosive ready to stick on him during the fight.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MasterDetective

@nickzambuto said:

@cameron83 said:

I don't like a high tech Batman, and I don't think many other people do either.

Batman is a detective and a strategist. Leave time machines to Luthor.

Agreed.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueArrow

well batman made a mega hightech flying suit for batwing showing that if he wanted to he could have a flying suit.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cameron83

@nickzambuto: well more people do like high tech batman,and who even said anything about time machine's...when im talking about high tech i'm talking about upgrades......it makes no sense for him to NOT be high tech,if he is supposed to run around the city in a cloth suit..then that is just,stupid

@BlueArrow: yea but cant he give some of those upgrades to himself...

and the idea of saying i dont like a high tech batman is like saying i dont like a high tech iron man,point is,he is SUPPOSED to be high tech,if you get rid of that we might as well get rid of the batsuit,and the batcave,etc...and i REALLY dont get how batman is SUPPOSED to be a high tech hero,yet people don't like it when he is,if you want traditional batman than adam west is right around the corner,and yes he is supposed to be high tech,regardless if you like it or not,i dont like superman and batman wearing boxer's,but at times they do,for a non high tech batman...it just seems,ridiculous....way more people like a high tech batman anyway,just hope we see one,and some people are mad that batman has a contact lense that is high tech,something that finally puts him in tony's league,but when tony has armor that comes out of the pores of his skin,people don't care...batman is supposed to be high tech,and don't tell me about original batman because original batman never wore armor,he just wore a ridiculous skin tight costume

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#8  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Batman is oldschool

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's tech level rises and falls based on what the writer needs it to be. Based on his usual arsenal it is makes a lot more sense that while he is high tech, he is not among the elite. I agree with the other that having cutting edge military tech and not Braniac level stuff is a better fit.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Rumble Man

@cameron83: How can he be high tech guy when he's on the same team as Cyborg? this is one of the merits of having MM on the team as opposed to the cyborg who just swagger jacked wayne.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

It sounds like you have misconceptions about Batman's character that you refuse to let go. He's Batman not Iron Man. He has to maintain a balance because there is more to his character besides being a genius unlike Iron Man. And your wrong about Batman's costume. It was established during Frank Miller's run that Bruce wears lightweight body armor under the cloth.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@cameron83 said:

@nickzambuto: well more people do like high tech batman,and who even said anything about time machine's...when im talking about high tech i'm talking about upgrades......it makes no sense for him to NOT be high tech,if he is supposed to run around the city in a cloth suit..then that is just,stupid

@BlueArrow: yea but cant he give some of those upgrades to himself...

and the idea of saying i dont like a high tech batman is like saying i dont like a high tech iron man,point is,he is SUPPOSED to be high tech,if you get rid of that we might as well get rid of the batsuit,and the batcave,etc...and i REALLY dont get how batman is SUPPOSED to be a high tech hero,yet people don't like it when he is,if you want traditional batman than adam west is right around the corner,and yes he is supposed to be high tech,regardless if you like it or not,i dont like superman and batman wearing boxer's,but at times they do,for a non high tech batman...it just seems,ridiculous....way more people like a high tech batman anyway,just hope we see one,and some people are mad that batman has a contact lense that is high tech,something that finally puts him in tony's league,but when tony has armor that comes out of the pores of his skin,people don't care...batman is supposed to be high tech,and don't tell me about original batman because original batman never wore armor,he just wore a ridiculous skin tight costume

The thing is, Batman isn't supposed to be a high tech hero. He's a detective and a strategist, as I already said. He has a brain, and he knows how to build gadgets and stuff, but the more high end things like time machines and such, he isn't nearly capable of building.

That's not to say he isn't capable of outsmarting guys like Lex Luthor. One could argue strategic ability is far more valuable then technological.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell
     Meaning everywhere he goes, the bat-computer goes with him
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moywar700

If it wasn't for cyborg, batman would had been the tech guy despite not usually being this.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LuigiBat

I kinda get what the OP is saying here.

I don't think anyone wants to see an Iron Man level of tech being used by Batman. But equally they could do with making sure that he at least has some top of the range military gear or cutting edge tech that can be used in the field on a fairly regular basis (unlike that massive Batsuit seen in Night of the Owls). I understand that Batman is a detective and strategist, but to have someone like Owl-Man (Lincoln March) with a higher level of equipment than him is pushing it a bit.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TDK_1997

He;s actually really high tech in the New 52 but he isn't supposed to be like that.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becuase using to much technology is for amateurs like Tony Stark.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
    eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Gambler said:

he's like a freaking Iron man without the suit

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Becuase using to much technology is for amateurs like Tony Stark.

BURN! Marvel BURN!

DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DTFB

Military style high tech maybe but not a iron man type of high tech.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cameron83

@LuigiBat: atleast you get it,but i like the new 52 tech batman...because he has a high tech contact lens people are mad.....he is supposed to be like that,he doesnt buy his gadgets and suit online,and one of the things batman does is toy around with technology,so the new 52 batman ACTUALLY makes sense,i like this new high tech batman,it fits him,and people,stop acting like his suit allows him to time travel or anything,and the big suit you saw was made for war,etc.....

it's just that this batman is rarely seen utilizing his tech feats,because that's batman,he's supposed to be that high tech,but not with lasers coming out of his gloves

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cameron83

also,batman was supposed to be high tech,it's part of him,i'm sure you all think that superman owns the watchtower and batman just found that computer and car and etc.........but anytime batman has the tech that actually FITS him and ones that he needs,people call him tony stark,honestly,wtf...if you want a batman that runs around in cloth and carries a gadget for anything,adam west is there for you,but i DEMAND HIGH TECH DAMMIT,good thing they actually have that in new 52..but i was just stating they need to show batman with more tech and artillery in his suit but i guess it's too early to demand that because it's too early (in comicbook terms)

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alexander505

The main point is that Batman DOES NOT WANT to use technology, or anyway, Bruce did not want to depend on it, not as Tony Stark. The level of technology Bruce is certainly very high, not to the levels of Star Trek, but at levels higher than military ones. Two good examples come from his suit Insider, OMAC and the latest Internet 3.0, which is basically a virtual reality. Of course Batman will never create a time portal, not a scientist like Reed Richards, but it is more than likely that he may bring out some new armor, vehicles, miniaturized instruments, computer systems and communications, ect. Since Batman is a genius, especially chemistry, forensic science and computer science, is well suited to a character like him, the development of new chemicals, analytical tools and espionage. Batman is unique, because yes, it is true that it is much more akin to Tony Stark that Reed Richards, but it is also fundamentally different from Tony. Batman does not tend to make use of heavy weapons. He will use them only if the situation is drammatic. In the end, everything depends on the authors. In the last issue of Detective Comics, Batman makes use of a device that protected him from radioactive rays. Honestly, I never thought that he had one installed in his belt. Concept clear?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cameron83

@Alexander505 said:

The main point is that Batman DOES NOT WANT to use technology, or anyway, Bruce did not want to depend on it, not as Tony Stark. The level of technology Bruce is certainly very high, not to the levels of Star Trek, but at levels higher than military ones. Two good examples come from his suit Insider, OMAC and the latest Internet 3.0, which is basically a virtual reality. Of course Batman will never create a time portal, not a scientist like Reed Richards, but it is more than likely that he may bring out some new armor, vehicles, miniaturized instruments, computer systems and communications, ect. Since Batman is a genius, especially chemistry, forensic science and computer science, is well suited to a character like him, the development of new chemicals, analytical tools and espionage. Batman is unique, because yes, it is true that it is much more akin to Tony Stark that Reed Richards, but it is also fundamentally different from Tony. Batman does not tend to make use of heavy weapons. He will use them only if the situation is drammatic. In the end, everything depends on the authors. In the last issue of Detective Comics, Batman makes use of a device that protected him from radioactive rays. Honestly, I never thought that he had one installed in his belt. Concept clear?

agreed,but it's like some of these fans want a batman that runs around in a cloth suit,he cant hold everything in his belt so it has to have some things incorporated in his suit

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Alexander505

I have a lot of stuff nobody knows about.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cameron83

@Alexander505: like what

but did batman give batwing that suit..i also mean new 52

just asking because i heard somewhere he did

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigcimmerian

@cameron83 said:

Batman is already high tech

• Batsuit: The costume Batman wears is composed by Kevlar and a little percentage of titanium; it's bullet-proof and resistant to various types of attack (explosions, impacts, falls, etc...). It's also flame-retarding and insulating. The gloves and the boots are reinforced to rebound the impact of punches and kicks. The gloves have also some metallic blades on their sides. The cape is super-light and it can be used to glide. The mask has a little percentage of lead, which shields the face of Batman from x-ray powers or x-ray technology; it has also an infrared viewer and auditory sensors, sonar, night vision,which improve Batman's senses. The mask, is also accessorized with some security systems (aggravating gas, electric blasts, etc.) like the utility belt. The mask is also a transmitter receiver de voice and video.
    • Utility Belt: Batman keeps most of his personal field equipment in a signature piece of apparel, a yellow utility belt.The utility belt has a button to call the car in a few appearances on Justice League, the belt has a button teleportation. Over the years it has contained items such as plastic explosives, nerve toxins, batarangs, smoke bombs, a fingerprint kit, a cutting tool, a grappling hook gun, and a "re-breather" breathing device. Superman had entrusted Batman with a ring made of kryptonite, to be used should the Man of Steel ever need to be reined in (due to being mind-controlled by a villain, etc.).
    Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alexander505

The armor of the Batwing has designed Bruce, he is the chief designer. Later, we saw Lucius Fox update the suit.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cameron83

@BigCimmerian: wai,did you say the belt has a teleporter...wtf?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigcimmerian

@cameron83 said:

@BigCimmerian: wai,did you say the belt has a teleporter...wtf?

Yes, every Justice Leaguer has teleporter.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By RainEffect

I remember his cowl, in Batman #3, has an in-built lie detector. Beyond that, I don't really remember much in the way of 'high tech'. 

NOPE, WAIT. That gigantic armor he had stashed away that he pulled on in Batman #9. Too bad it got trashed by the army of Talons.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alexander505

Yes, the belt was also a button to teleport.

The armor of Batman # 9 was very cool, too bad that the Talons have destroyed soon after. Well, shows how the Talons were physically strong.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Runs dna comparison from his suit
    Runs dna comparison from his suit
    Computerized Cowl (tony stark style)
    Computerized Cowl (tony stark style)
    Holographic touch screen/performs a holographic autopsy
    Holographic touch screen/performs a holographic autopsy
    Heat signature contact lens that also allows him to monitor pulses
    Heat signature contact lens that also allows him to monitor pulses
    Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alexander505

Well, I say it's a really cool technology. Surely the couple Capullo & Snyder will give us another interesting surprises.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@Gambler said:

That a new Windows 95 update ;o?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alexander505
    That a new Windows 95 update ;o?

LOL

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Alexander505 said:

Well, I say it's a really cool technology. Surely the couple Capullo & Snyder will give us another interesting surprises.

I like Batman's current tech level. Its got style but its not a defining trait like Iron Man.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alexander505

Yes, it's not like Iron Man, but it is not entirely accurate. We have seen that in years of reserve power armor. This appeared years ago, when Stephanie Brown was Robin.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cameron83

still not enough tech feats (soon my plan to trick people into posting new 52 batman tech feat scans will be completed mwuhahahahhahahaahahah >:3 )

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Imagine_Man15

The thing is, Batman doesn't NEED super advanced tech. He uses martial arts, strategy, scare tactics, detective skills, etc. He doesn't use super-advanced technology because he doesn't want or need it.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cameron83

ok,let me say this for the 4th time,he doesn't depend on it,but will it hurt...i'm not saying make his suit do all the fighting while you take a nap in it,or anything like that,but if he has a few missiles,how is that depending on his suit,if he has a scanner or lie detector in his suit for extra assurance,how does that really change anything...it's just assistance in a fight,or if his suit has a strength boost,it's exactly like saying,batman doesn't need to depend on kevlar,he is perfectly fine being able to dodge gunfire on his own...but batman does dodge most gunfire,it's just that kevlar is assistance/assurance.....also it's not like i said make batman insert nanobatbots in his skin,or anything like that,but batman is supposed to be high tech,but it's not a defining trait,saying he doesn't need it is somewhat stupid and underestimating his enemies

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alexander505

@Imagine_Man15 said:

The thing is, Batman doesn't NEED super advanced tech. He uses martial arts, strategy, scare tactics, detective skills, etc. He doesn't use super-advanced technology because he doesn't want or need it.

Exactly.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Alexander505

@cameron83 said:

ok,let me say this for the 4th time,he doesn't depend on it,but will it hurt...i'm not saying make his suit do all the fighting while you take a nap in it,or anything like that,but if he has a few missiles,how is that depending on his suit,if he has a scanner or lie detector in his suit for extra assurance,how does that really change anything...it's just assistance in a fight,or if his suit has a strength boost,it's exactly like saying,batman doesn't need to depend on kevlar,he is perfectly fine being able to dodge gunfire on his own...but batman does dodge most gunfire,it's just that kevlar is assistance/assurance.....also it's not like i said make batman insert nanobatbots in his skin,or anything like that,but batman is supposed to be high tech,but it's not a defining trait,saying he doesn't need it is somewhat stupid and underestimating his enemies

The main point is that Batman is not put in a position to use more technology to the choice of authors. Honestly, after seeing his Insider suit, I do not need more examples, to understand how its technology can be advanced and powerful.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cameron83

@Alexander505: good point,but he just needs more weaponry and more technological feats,also those are just a few,i also want him to have his pre flashpoint feats....look on the old batman respect thread,he needs to have those feats as well,this new 52 one of him is REALLY weak,and as much as i hate to say it,green lantern is completely right,batman is useless

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Alexander505

For now, Batman is useless in the JLA, it is true. That is true. It is not clear yet its role in the group. We will see.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alexander505

Anyway, because is a master in strategy e tactics, is obvious that future role of Batman could be this.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By batshrine

Think about it this way, Batman doesn't do anything superfluously. He only uses something when he needs it. And since he is totally capable of beating up bad guys with his usual arsenal, he really doesn't need to upgrade. And he will upgrade if the situation arises. Like when fighting Mr. Freeze, or someone with super strength. Cause lets be honest it probably takes a lot more effort to bring a thug or robber or rapist down in an Iron Man like suit than his usual attire. So to sum everything up, Batman only does things if it has a purpose, nothing more nothing less.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.