Is Ben Affleck your favorite Batman now?

• 60 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Is Ben Affleck your favorite Batman now? (111 votes)

Hell yes! 50%
Nope! 46%
I don't like Batman! 4%

In terms of character is he the best?

• 
Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Way better then Nolan's one.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way way waaaaaay better then Nolan's Batman, but the comic one is the best of course.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keaton was best for me... and he will be my favorite one forever... i think :)

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Two Words, Adam West.

Also is kinda sad that people only cares for superficial elements of the character, i find Affleck, good, but as everything in this film his Batman is flawed in the wrong way, i feel that many things about his version of the character are there, so he is "kewl", not to make him a good character.

He is better that Nolan Batman for people that like the idea that Batman is only gadgets and a costume, but if thats your idea of Batman, well damn.

His characterization isnt so great and sometimes his character lacks something.

The best example is the whole Martha thing.

Your mom and my mom are both called Martha, we should be best friends.

Dat writing!!! Dat Characterization!!!

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck was good as Bruce Wayne, but never had the chance to be a good Batman. Batman was awful in the movie, and never really acted Batman-like. Bale is still the best.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

Beata

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean... is there anything to say with that face :P

Loading Video...

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander505

BS, ok Ben maybe was a little sad, based on his face, but he was perfect, as Bruce and as Batman. Very few reviews were disappointed about his performance. He is a awesome Batman/Bruce.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the moral code, as far as live action goes, he's the best. He got everything down pact and it doesn't feel forced. Even as a hardcore Batman fan, I can get over the deaths. I want to learn more about Batfleck. Screw Justice League. I can't wait for the solo Batman movie (I think he's directing it) and I'm seeing Suicide Squad just to see his cameo.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By cosmo111687

NOPE!!!!!!!!!! My Batman doesn't kill people because he won't give into the darkness. My Batman doesn't use guns because they're the weapon of the enemy. My Batman learned the preciousness and value of human life from the death of his parents, not that life isn't fair. My Batman would see killing Superman as a last resort, not as a first response. My Batman is too committed to saving Gotham to waste even a moment sleeping around and getting drunk. My Batman doesn't say "Oh shit" and then cower away moments before death. He figures out a way to beat the odds. And he never gives up. Batfleck/Douche Wayne is ranked among the worst ever.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By w0nd

they stripped all the parts of him that i liked about batman. I appreciate how fierce he was though

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarthAznable
SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was fine. His lack of morals opened up the possibility of fights being more Raid-like. He's still not the best. Greenwood is still my favorite.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Acting wise Batfleck is great. I don't like this depiction of Batman tho based on his actions throughout the movie.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, he was the best.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I mean... is there anything to say with that face :P

Loading Video...

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its really hard for me to say it.. but.. honestly Pete Holmes was best Badman... i mean Batman ! Ever !!!

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AkshSarpanch

Idk!!!!! I can't make a decision. Him killing many people made so shocked that i didn't seem who to side with Batman or Superman. And critics brushed it off as nothing important.

If he kills agains, he might be even worse batman than Bale.

For now, i prefer Bale despite his cancerous throat.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naah. Just got back from the film and he gave a very good performance of an older, hardened Batman. But that's not what I think of when I think of Batman.

Avatar image for slayzorangaegis
SlayzOrangAegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Keaton and Kilmer for me.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I've seen it three times and I honestly feel nothing for Affleck when he's on screen. He's so unlikable and unBatman like. Bale is a much better developed Batman.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing against Ben Affleck, but I hated the new psychopath Batman. Bale for me.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zaied

Still Bale by a landslide. Affleck's performance as Batman wasn't nearly as engaging as I thought it would be. Bale in just his first film had better characterization, a stronger ideology, and more screen presence.

Going forward, Affleck needs better writing and a strong cast of supporting characters. Alfred was incredibly underused, IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had the potential to be.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SmoothJammin  Online

This was an older, jaded batman who'd lost his partner, his family. In a lot of ways he was a tragic hero in bvs depiction so I kind of get why he was so ruthless.

Similar to the silver age right after Jason's death when Batman was out terrorizing criminals, damn close to crossing the line before Dick and Tim came back into the picture. In the movie all he's got is Alfred.. I'd like to think he lightens up in the next film. Boy was he spooky though.. they played up the predator aspect of his character well.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah !

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's my favourite CINEMATIC Batman, narrowly beating Keaton.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Best Batman Eva!

Avatar image for deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb
deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. His performance wasn't terrible. He might have the potential to become my favorite live action Batman if he stars in a couple good movies.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Best Cinematic Batman yes.

But not best Batman if you count comics.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

Still Bale. Bale shone the most in Begins.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not even fair to start comparing yet. Bale had three movies that were all his and Affleck has had one about him and Superman, Wonder woman and Lex while setting up the JLA. Let's wait a bit but I think he's got potential to be a great Batman.

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btas kevin conroy #1

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I thought he was a very good batman. I am still partial to Michael Keaton so I voted no. But would probably put him alongside Christian Bale's batman.

GonnaGetThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThePreface

@deathpoolthet1000: if that's all you took away from that scene you're a really shallow person.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface said:

@deathpoolthet1000: if that's all you took away from that scene you're a really shallow person.

Nop, i understand why this happened, but the writing to make it happen was pretty lazy, besides the fact Superman call his mom Martha, it would made more sense if he call her mom, Batman would had notice Superman has a family and a life, then would notice that by killing him he would cause damage to innocents that dont deserve it.

There was no need to make Superman call his mom Martha.

I get what the try to do, it didnt worked, the reason why people thinks that, is because the writing and execution just didnt worked.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface said:

Nop, i understand why this happened, but the writing to make it happen was pretty lazy, besides the fact Superman call his mom Martha, it would made more sense if he call her mom, Batman would had notice Superman has a family and a life, then would notice that by killing him he would cause damage to innocents that dont deserve it.

I get what the try to do, it didnt worked, the reason why people thinks that, is because the writing and execution just didnt worked.

Well 30 seconds earlier Batman acknowledged that Superman probably had a family when he told him: "Your parents probably taught that you mean something that you were sent his for a reason, my parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all, they told that the world makes sense when you force it too". So the reason that they call her Martha was so it could trigger PTSD and Batman would have another chance to symbolically save his mother. If Clark referred to her as Martha Kent since this Batman didn't knew Superman's identity, It would make more sense, that was one of their mistakes. Now I would have preferred if they didn't force the TDKR line and that they just made Batman realize that Superman had a family.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@thepreface said:

Well 30 seconds earlier Batman acknowledged that Superman probably had a family when he told him: "Your parents probably taught that you mean something that you were sent his for a reason, my parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all, they told that the world makes sense when you force it too". So the reason that they call her Martha was so it could trigger PTSD and Batman would have another chance to symbolically save his mother. If Clark referred to her as Martha Kent since this Batman didn't knew Superman's identity, It would make more sense, that was one of their mistakes. Now I would have preferred if they didn't force the TDKR line and that they just made Batman realize that Superman had a family.

Yeah, i didnt remember he said that line, i have to be honest, but yeah, without that line it would had made thing better.

Is just that the writing and execution, were pretty bad, there are good ideas in this movie.

But there are good ideas in the Star Wars prequels, what matters is the end result.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Yeah, i didnt remember he said that line, i have to be honest, but yeah, without that line it would had made thing better.

Is just that the writing and execution, were pretty bad, there are good ideas in this movie.

But there are good ideas in the Star Wars prequels, what matters is the end result.

I agree, I see some really interesting things on the movie but most of the time what fails is the execution.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking only in the realm of live action adaptations:

Looking wise yes, by far.

But as a character he still needs development.

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I didn't like his batman

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Heres my current ranking of all the Batmen.

Keaton

Bale

West

Kilmer

Affleck

Clooney

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but he has potential as long as in future movies they ignore what Snyder did and they put him on the right course. I hope that they introduce Matches Malone on a future movie, I thought it was a missed opportunity in BvS when Bruce went to copy Anatoly's phone in that ilegal clubhouse, that was the perfect moment to have him as the charismatic Mathces.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not yet

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By w0nd

Would have liked to see him doing more detective work and tech work instead of alfred, but yeah I liked him over all

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.