Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is "Batman Reborn" Truly "New Reader" Friendly?

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HaloKing343
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HaloKing343

I haven't been keeping up with Batman RIP nor pretty much anything recent regarding Batman. I hear all about the hype for these new issues. People keep talking about how good the new Batman and Robin series is and people are talking about how the new Batman is cool and all this stuff. So obviously, I want to start reading them. Being unfamiliar with Batman though, I'm a little concerned with my ability to follow the plot.

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Psychotime

You don't really need to look up any new issues. Everyone knows enough about Batman to jump into it. All you need to know is this: Batman is "dead",  and the first Robin is now taking the mantle, while Bruce Wayne's son Damian is the new Robin.  That's all you need to know.

Oh, keep in mind I'm only referring to the Morrison and Quietly comic. I can't say for the Red Robin and the others.

The truth is, RIP did nothing except add a new group of villains and jack up the Joker's character.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chaos Agent

Batman and Robin-It's the new dynamic duo debuting, everything else is explained
    Batman(comic)-It features the moment from when Dick Grayson decides to become Batman
    Red Robin-Tim Drake, the former Robin is in search for the dead Batman and has taken a new costume

those are the only ones that have started and so far it's quite new reader friendly, like Psychotime says only thing you need to know is that Batman is dead, the former Robin is now Batman and Batman's son is the new Robin, you tell that to anyone that hasn't read a comic that way and he/she will get it, better yet for comic readers as they must have atleast heard of Tim Drake (I refuse to call him Tim Wayne). Everyone, both comic and non-comic readers know Dick from atleast one appearance in other media of Robin and everyone in the world knows who Bruce Wayne is.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HaloKing343

Oh good, because that was the only amount of stuff that I actually knew. Now I'm glad. Okay, I'll totally check out Batman and Robin then.

Xypher07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xypher07

If you plan on reading Red Robin you should also know who Tim Drake is and it's nice to know a little about the history of the suit, but nothing more is needed than what is found by a quick browse of this site.  Other than Batman "dying" and the fact that Bruce had a son you can figure out everything if you've seen an episode of the 90s cartoon series.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaloKing343

Okay, so that's good. I've already dug into the Batman and Robin stories. I checked out Streets of Gothem, didn't get too interested.

How would you guys recomend the main Batman series?

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

The main batman seires is decent, as its shows the transition Dick is taking from being Nightwing to Batman, like in the issue released today he and Alfred are talking about how Bruce and him had different fighting styles as Dick is complaining about the weight of the cape. It also looks like Two-Face is going to be a major player in the upcoming events.

lolidude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By lolidude
    @Psychotime: WTF!? Is Batman dead!? So Bruce Wayne is dead?
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By G'bandit
    @Psychotime said:
    " You don't really need to look up any new issues. Everyone knows enough about Batman to jump into it. All you need to know is this: Batman is "dead",  and the first Robin is now taking the mantle, while Bruce Wayne's son Damian is the new Robin.  That's all you need to know.Oh, keep in mind I'm only referring to the Morrison and Quietly comic. I can't say for the Red Robin and the others.The truth is, RIP did nothing except add a new group of villains and jack up the Joker's character. "
    Agree

@lolidude said:
    " @Psychotime: WTF!? Is Batman dead!? So Bruce Wayne is dead? "
    Uhh- yeah, what rock have you been living under? :P XD

lolidude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By lolidude
    @G'bandit: Norway. They release as much comics here as they release on rocks. That sucks btw. And i hate Robin.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaloKing343

Norway?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @HaloKing343 said:
    "Norway? "

No Caption Provided

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HaloKing343
    @War Killer said:
    "@HaloKing343 said:
    "Norway? "

No Caption Provided
    "

Yeah, I know where Norway is. I was just wondering how accessible comics are there.

Anyway, I've got into the main batman series now too. Can anyone tell me how Red Robin is? Is that new reader friendly?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.