Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Batman death of the family (new 52) canon?

Godofthunder11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering if the comic book Batman: death of the family by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo is still canon?

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Caivu

Yes.

Is there a reason why it wouldn't be?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

It's canon but Tomasi and Gleason undid it's effects with Robin Rises.

Godofthunder11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Godofthunder11
    lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthunder11:

This is spoiler stuff so read at own risk

At the end of Death of the Family Bruce lost the trust of the entire batfamily, nobody wanted to talk or work with him again. In Robin rises he goes on what basically is a suicide mission to save his son, and in the process the family decides to trust him again. Both are great stories. After Batman Death of The Family you can read the line of Batman & Robin Requin until Robin Rises. It was a great arc

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course. The New 52 stories were prioritized when it came to continuity and canonicity over the Pre-New 52 stuff.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK smart guys... let i ask u something !!! Is ''Batman New52'' canon to Gotham Academy ???

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@lillion1 said:

@godofthunder11:

This is spoiler stuff so read at own risk

At the end of Death of the Family Bruce lost the trust of the entire batfamily, nobody wanted to talk or work with him again. In Robin rises he goes on what basically is a suicide mission to save his son, and in the process the family decides to trust him again. Both are great stories. After Batman Death of The Family you can read the line of Batman & Robin Requin until Robin Rises. It was a great arc

I don't think Robin Rises really undid the effects, I just think that it was a quick character arc that needed to happen to bring Batman back from the brink. On paper it's great, but as the issues came out I can see how it would seem quick and seeming to undo what has been done. Honestly I like this type of Batman. What I really connect with in a Batman is one who has created his own family, not one that pushes all of them away with major trust issues, which is one of the reasons why I have a love/hate relationship with that storyline.

commissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because the other members of the Bat-family questioned whether they could truly trust Bruce after the Death of the Family arc doesn't mean they would never-ever trust him again. They have had too much previous history with him to just abandon all faith in Bats. It probably just means they should be a little more cautious in the future when it comes to blindly trusting Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.