Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I am extremely worried for Damian

• 53 results
    reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

After viewing the solicits for May, I'm thinking that Death of the Family may not be the greatest threat to killing Damian. The greatest threat is Mr. Grant Morrison over in Batman Inc. Would he really kill Damian after showing us several glimpses of Damian's future as Batman?

Stupid question, I know. Of course he would. 'Cause he's f***'n Grant Morrison!

I'm afraid, guys. I'm afraid.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Joelislegend

I am beginning to suspect that Damian will be killed in both DOTF and in Batman Inc.

Would be really crazy poor Damian I am crossing my fingers but I have a feeling Morrison will kill him. It would leave us forever marked by his run and it would make the death of a robin actually credible.

But man. I love damian. :(

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

@Reignmaker said:

After viewing the solicits for May, I'm thinking that Death of the Family may not be the greatest threat to killing Damian. The greatest threat is Mr. Grant Morrison over in Batman Inc. Would he really kill Damian after showing us several glimpses of Damian's future as Batman? Stupid question, I know. Of course he would. 'Cause he's f***'n Grant Morrison! I'm afraid, guys. I'm afraid.

I got really worried as well. When it says that Batman has been devastated and may lose his humanity in Batman Incorporated, and then it says he's pushing the brink of insanity in Batman and Robin and only a former-KIA Robin can pull him out of it, it only leads to the conclusion that Damian will die. Which makes me incredibly sad because he's one of my favorite characters. Hopefully his death (assuming it happens) will be treated with respect and be written incredibly well. I guess it would be a fitting end to Morrison's 7 year-long Batman run.

I guess I have more of an understanding of what the over-zealous Spider-Man fans felt a couple months ago...

I love Damian so much. :(

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Reignmaker: Grant Morrison made Damien. He wasn't originally planned to survive the initial arc.

He's Morrison's character to kill

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Reignmaker said:

After viewing the solicits for May, I'm thinking that Death of the Family may not be the greatest threat to killing Damian. The greatest threat is Mr. Grant Morrison over in Batman Inc. Would he really kill Damian after showing us several glimpses of Damian's future as Batman?

Stupid question, I know. Of course he would. 'Cause he's f***'n Grant Morrison!

I'm afraid, guys. I'm afraid.

That kid will surely pull through!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

Those future issues don't really mean anything when it's a future that they're trying to avoid.
    He'll most likely die.
    BB

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chasereis

@Reignmaker: In my best Yoda voice "Yes, You should be... You...Should be." As much as I like Damian, Morrison is depraved enough to do anything including child homicide. It will largely depend on exactly much of his actual mass is illicit narcotic at the time. If you cut him open and it looks like a CVS storeroom, yea, that fuq'er is dead, D-E-A-D. Hell, he'll have Batman do it himself. If for nothing else for the sheer shock value of killing him. Ugh.

See you in the reruns Damian. RIP.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Damien's a clone who rapidly aged...like Superboy. They could just whip up another. If Jason Todd and Bucky are alive now... I'm just saying.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@Crash_Recovery said:

Damien's a clone who rapidly aged...like Superboy.

Since when? Just because the New 52 timeline doesn't make sense, that doesn't mean that you have to jump to that conclusion. He is shown as a baby, a small child, and now his current state. Superboy was full grown in an artificial embryo and was made using the DNA of Superman and Lex Luthor. Damian was conceived naturally. The Heretic is a rapidly aged clone, but that doesn't mean Damian is.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal19

please dont kill damian Morrison

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reignmaker

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Reignmaker: Grant Morrison made Damien. He wasn't originally planned to survive the initial arc.

That really doesn't make me feel better. Morrison's run was "ok" but it was Tomasi who made me love Damian's character, not Morrison.

Morrison's run had flashes of brilliance, but I think it was his weirdness that has defined his overall work. I guess it was too much to ask to have Morrison quietly go away, leaving Damian intact. No such luck I see.

Don't misunderstand me though, I knew it wasn't going to last forever. In a way, Damian was always screwed because he's Batman's actual son. DC doesn't want one of their big-name characters to have a biological son running around long-term. It detracts from the whole de-aging process the New 52 was supposed to bring about. In short, Batman having a son is like Superman being a married man. So that's why the Damian chapter is going away.

I suppose in 5+ years from now, it'll all be retconned out of existence anyway. Thank you, Mr. Morrison for giving us seven years of weird stories that aren't sustainable. Awesome...

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By graysonofgotham

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/nightwing-2011/nightwing-17 

I can't speak for Batman Inc but it looks like Damian makes it out of DOTF.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By reignmaker

@Billy Batson said:

Those future issues don't really mean anything when it's a future that they're trying to avoid.
    He'll most likely die.
    BB

:(

@richardjohngrayson said:

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/nightwing-2011/nightwing-17 I can't speak for Batman Inc but it looks like Damian makes it out of DOTF.

All of a sudden the end of DOF feels so trivial. How can anything the Joker does compare to Damian dying? I guess we'll see next week.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

I dont mind him dying...i mean hes a cool kid etc...but

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakeN7

@Reignmaker said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

That really doesn't make me feel better. Morrison's run was "ok" but it was Tomasi who made me love Damian's character, not Morrison.

Morrison's run had flashes of brilliance, but I think it was his weirdness that has defined his overall work. I guess it was too much to ask to have Morrison quietly go away, leaving Damian intact. No such luck I see.

Don't misunderstand me though, I knew it wasn't going to last forever. In a way, Damian was always screwed because he's Batman's actual son. DC doesn't want one of their big-name characters to have a biological son running around long-term. It detracts from the whole de-aging process the New 52 was supposed to bring about. In short, Batman having a son is like Superman being a married man. So that's why the Damian chapter is going away.

I suppose in 5+ years from now, it'll all be retconned out of existence anyway. Thank you, Mr. Morrison for giving us seven years of weird stories that aren't sustainable. Awesome...

I loved Morrison's run and I think it's amazing. But I understand what you're saying about Tomasi making Damian lovable, and I'd have to agree, but my love of Damian actually did start with Morrison. If you read his Batman and Robin run, then you might know what I mean. I think Morrison made him more human and empathetical in his run on Batman and Robin, and Tomasi expanded on that, yet focused more on the developing relationship between Damian and Bruce (as opposed to Damian and Dick.)

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reignmaker

@JakeN7 said:

I loved Morrison's run and I think it's amazing. But I understand what you're saying about Tomasi making Damian lovable, and I'd have to agree, but my love of Damian actually did start with Morrison. If you read his Batman and Robin run, then you might know what I mean. I think Morrison made him more human and empathetical in his run on Batman and Robin, and Tomasi expanded on that, yet focused more on the developing relationship between Damian and Bruce (as opposed to Damian and Dick.)

Yeah, I read most of Morrison's run and I read his Batman & Robin. I liked Damian, but I didn't love him until Tomasi took over.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By noj

I REALLY REALLY dont want Damian to die. He is seriously one of my favorite characters and my favorite Robin. Grant Morrison's run on Batman has been my favorite run of all time but it ending with the death of Damian would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

I seriously doubt Morrison will kill Damian. He wanted to in the Batman and Son arc, but then decided against it because Damian appealed to him too much.

It's that same appeal that makes me doubt he'll ever kill him off.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite

Eh, he might live. There's not really a good reason to kill him now that he's gotten a big fan base.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@chasereis:

isnt it

"Be... you should"

sidebar:

Reignmaker is afraid Ha I thought I'd never see the day

(+)

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Ironhawk22

I definitely think Damian's clock is ticking. Especially with the recent Batman and Robin Annual. It seems like that was a really bright issue, to get more people on board with Damian before his demise in Inc. Really hope I'm wrong.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chasereis

@Yung ANcient One: Well if you want to get SUPER technical, the verbatim line is "You will be...You...will..be" in ESB, lol.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By selinaky

I'll be so disappointed if he's killed off, I really like Damian.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#24  Edited By TheCannon

I hope he dies.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By havoc1201

Morrison said he planed on killing Damian off at the end of Batman and son but he decided to keep him around for awhile to explore the other side of Batman, so i would not be surprised if he kills him off at the end of his INC run...I really hope not i like Damian but i am preparing for Morrison to kill him

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By colonyofcells

I am not worried about Damian since there is a Robin overpopulation problem so all the Robins can die bec Nolan don't like them anyway.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By wessaari

i have a strange feeling that he might not die, but be sent to earth 2. Or Talia has him. But from what the solicits are showing, Damian might be freaking dying, and though he isnt my favorite character, he is still a Robin, and still a Wayne. This will shock the Bat-verse if he dies

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By reignmaker
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis

I'm glad Morrison's the one doing it and for once it doesn't need to be the Joker.

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kangaxx_54

I'll seriously cry if they kill him off. He's such an interesting character, who's brought so much new to the table, and he's developed a *lot* - more than any other characters, I think. Would honestly prefer to see Alfred die (not that I want either of them to die).

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eeshaan1685

OMG. Not Damian please. He's the coolest among all the Robins :(

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Joelislegend

@entropy_aegis said:

I'm glad Morrison's the one doing it and for once it doesn't need to be the Joker.

Better Morrison kills off his own character than if Snyder did it in DOTF haters would go apeshit.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#33  Edited By knighthood

The end of Batman Inc #7...

No Caption Provided

I think Damien is a goner in issue #8. At least I'll have a good reason to drop Batman & Robin now.

kh••d

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#34  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

If Damian is killed....

No Caption Provided
    batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By batshrine

I feel like its a red herring cause well its been done...twice.

An author is always looking to create a good and original story. They don't want to rehash the same story with different characters.

We've seen Jason Todd and Stephanie Brown both die as Robin, and we've seen Bruce get devastated. It would be cheap writing to do that same story again. Granted Jason Todd's Death in the Family was a really bad story, and Morrison thought he could write a death that actually feels more impactful.

An argument for it however...Batman is defined by the death of his parents. At the moment he happens to have a long lost brother and a biological son. If both those characters die, then he really loses all biological family. That could add a new layer to Batman's character. And I will only support Damian's death if one thing happens, if he stays dead. Not because i dislike the character, but because it would actually matter.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By reignmaker

@batshrine said:

An author is always looking to create a good and original story. They don't want to rehash the same story with different characters.

I see what you're saying, but writers have been rehashing stories for a long time now. This is inevitable in a medium that doesn't allow certain characters to grow up or remain dead.

It's now just a matter of who rehashes better.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By End_Boss

God, I hope they don't kill Damian. Take Alfred instead.

Yeah, I said it.

What are you gonna do about it?

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YMCMB

Please comic gods....spare da boy.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By the_tree

My prediction (that I recently wrote on my wall) is that Batman or Damian die, and in an effort to save the other, one makes a deal with the devil. Kind of coming full circle with the Batman 666 timeline. Obviously this would be happening in Batman Inc., rather than DotF.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eternal19

Damian hasnt even been robin for that long, and he's rising in popularity so i doubt morrison we'll kill him and if he dies what would be the point of the batman and robin book? I know for sure DC wont cancel one of its best selling books.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JakeN7
    reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By reignmaker

@JakeN7: Yup. I agree that's a sweet-looking cover. It does suck majorly though if you love the character. All the Damian haters who never took a real chance to get to know him will be thrilled no doubt.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@Reignmaker: Yeah, there is going to be a huge influx of insensitive haters who are busy celebrating after this issue.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mhanuroth

Maybe is the rip of damian as robin maybe he comes back with his mother

Zanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zanarkand

So is everyone else thinking this Harper Row character is going to be the new Robin? With no training, etc how can this happen so quick?.... check out Batman & Robin #19 WTF cover. Its going to introduce the new Robin on the other half of the cover.. It should be Tim.. but it aint happening..

Zanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zanarkand

Well, he seems dead... but what now? The whole DotF story line seems obsolete. Now hes going to freak out over his son dying and get super violent(ala post Todd murder) and then another Robin steps in to help him? Seems like the family is going to help him thru it too so in the end, Joker failed? The next three issues of Batman and Robin are Batman and Red Hood, Batman and Red Robin, Batman and Nightwing etc.. I think Snyder and Morrison maybe released their archs too close to one another.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FatihBATMAN

so what, I think this is cool! theyre moving us out of the comfort zone here! theyre attaching us to a character, BOOM killing him! great writer!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@FatihBATMAN: Hmmm, I like your attitude! Maybe, you're right.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FatihBATMAN

oh yeah :D!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.