How would you improve Batfleck? DCEU's Batman

• 88 results
#51 Edited by AckRecky7 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I sort of like his new armour in JL but the cowl sort of needs more work on imo. I'd like them to improve that. Also would like if he upgrades his Mech suit from BvS and made it look better than that weird goggle armour suit he has in JL.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#52 Posted by Knight101 (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't try to improve him, I'd fire him. But if I had to improve him, I'd make him a lot more like the comics version.

1. NO KILLING.

2. No using guns.

3. No branding criminals so they die in prison because of it.

4. Give him a better much better looking suit. Scratch that, he needs armor.

#53 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Ben Affleck: “The world’s greatest detective aspect of Batman is more present in this story than it was in the last one, and will probably be expanded upon further in a Batman movie that I would do. I think all the great Batman stories are, at their heart, detective stories. That’s why they feel like noir movies in a way. Somehow feels like it could be The Maltese Falcon. But at their heart good Batman stories are, like I said, detective stories.”

Well thank god Matt Reeves is going the detective noir route too because I want a Sherlock Batman!

Yeah I want it to be really mysterious as hell to improve Batfleck's well known detective skills.

#54 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for JL.

#55 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump for JL.

Any improvements that Batfleck still need?

#56 Posted by entropy_aegis (20947 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, getting rid of him would be the best improvement ever.

#57 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Bump for JL.

Yeah, show more detective skills and "soft" skills. Because near the end when supes shows up, he can pretty much take out SW entire forces... which makes Batman's "pow wow" attacks seems obsolete...

My dream cast would still be Jake Gyllenhaal Batman though. FInally we can see Batman in his prime kicking asses..

#58 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Bump for JL.

Yeah, show more detective skills and "soft" skills.

What you mean by, "soft" skills?

#59 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets stomped by fodders more often or straight up killed

#60 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:
@goddamnironman said:
@usha said:

Bump for JL.

Yeah, show more detective skills and "soft" skills.

Manipulations, mind games etc

#61 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Manipulations, mind games etc

Makes sense, good suggestion.

@ldm said:

Gets stomped by fodders more often or straight up killed

That's an improvement?

#62 Posted by DrArcania (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick out Batffleck and Reeves, then get in Tim Burton as director :P

Steven King and Quentin Tarantino - story and screenplay

Batman still need Tim Burton !!!

#63 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him the rebirth treatment and dip him in some magic water. Replace affleck, who tbh, just doesn't really seem to wanna be batman from what I've seen, and introduce the teen titans with deathstroke in the batman movie.

#64 Posted by entropy_aegis (20947 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2017/11/21/16671988/justice-league-batman-affleck-problem

#65 Posted by Saren (27939 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Affleck. He's too fat and he clearly doesn't want to be Batman anymore. Scrap the older Batman thing, it limits the stories you can tell. Use the Flashpoint movie for this.

#66 Posted by Benk111 (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Replace Affleck. He's too fat and he clearly doesn't want to be Batman anymore. Scrap the older Batman thing, it limits the stories you can tell. Use the Flashpoint movie for this.

agree

#67 Posted by OrangeBat (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@benk111 said:

@saren said:

agree

Seconded. Dude is OK as Batman but Old Man Bruce was just the wrong way to go. I don't care how badly Snyder wanted to make a bad adaption of TDKR to tie-in with Man of Steel's shoddy themes, someone at WB should've put the foot down.

#68 Posted by The_Kidd (12522 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace him in-universe with a successor.

#69 Posted by TDK_1997 (18910 posts) - - Show Bio

They just need to re-cast him with the next movie. The way he acts shows the public how much he doesn't want to play this role anymore. In addition to that, he is old and can't maintain a body figure for a role like the one he is playing.

#70 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

They just need to re-cast him with the next movie. The way he acts shows the public how much he doesn't want to play this role anymore. In addition to that, he is old and can't maintain a body figure for a role like the one he is playing.

Who cares

#71 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Nah, not at all. It has potential. Not with Snyder of course.

#72 Posted by Yassassin (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Robert Pattinson would be good for the role.

#73 Edited by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

He was only fat in re-shoots wasn't he?

He was ripped in Batman v Superman, and in most scenes in JL he looked similar to how he did in BvS. But in the re-shoots he was quite fat.

#74 Edited by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick out Batffleck and Reeves, then get in Tim Burton as director :P

Steven King and Quentin Tarantino - story and screenplay

Batman still need Tim Burton !!!

Lol that would be weird to watch.

OT: I agree with the replacement of Affleck with someone younger. I want a Batman in their prime being able to at least handle 3 Parademons at once, not the Batfleck that got ragdolled in JL by......everybody.

#75 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs his own solo film proper.

#76 Posted by AssassinB (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, all of the characters in the next WB movies should receive the Steppenwolf treatment and be CGI's. That way people whining about looks, acting, and all that cr*p would get what they want. You want a young Batman? A biffy Wonder Woman? A better Aquaman? No Superman pooping face? Technology is then for you!!! There, singularity will one day replace the human species anyways ;P

Loading Video...

#77 Posted by entropy_aegis (20947 posts) - - Show Bio

Please just fire him, this guy is a curse. The recent batch of rumours from multiple sources are suggesting that his inability to make a decision is putting the Batman film in jeopardy. I thought Snyder was a hack but Affleck is a damn nuisance. How can WB allow this man to f*ck up an entire franchise is beyond me.

Let Reeves make his film with another actor so that we can move on from this BS era of Affleck. I cant believe how they've pushed back Batman closer to the Schumacher era after Nolan's hard work. Its been 5 and a half years since we got a proper Batman film and at this rate there's no certainty of a solo film within the next 3 years. If WB doesn't get its shit straight then Batmania could well be over, they've already damaged the character immensely with JL and BVS ofcourse Joker too with SS. That's a whole trio of films with reception on par with films from the Schumacher era and it took them less than 2 years to release them. Unlike the 90's fans have so many options now. Dump Affleck's wasted ass and let Reeves make his movie.

#78 Posted by lillion1 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I had with BvS was that no attention was given to his moral character. His care for life etc was completely ignored. And his motivations for fighting Sups were completely fucked up. As was Sups himself. The best Batman so far is still in the animated series and in Justice League. Warner Bros has real trouble correctly representing DC heroes

#79 Posted by OrangeBat (988 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest problem with DCEU's Batman is how he is written. Justice League did miles better on that front, but it was still bearing scars from Batman v. Superman. Affleck as an actor is actually probably one of the more charismatic portrayals of Batman/Bruce Wayne (at least compared to Bale or Clooney or Kilmer) but yeah, if he can't commit to the project properly, fire his ass. Old Man Batman was a bad idea from the start and Flashpoint could be a great chance to start with a fresh and younger face.

#80 Posted by Black_Arrow (10293 posts) - - Show Bio

Affleck as Batman will be associated no matter what, with this string of bad movies. It's best to remove him from the movies and let Matt Reeves start fresh with Batman.

#81 Posted by entropy_aegis (20947 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing is that Bale haters keep accusing his Batman of giving up and Lo and behold Affleck's entire arc in JL is about giving up, LMAO.

What's Affleck's excuse? His sudden crush on Superman and Wonder Woman?even though he was giving 1% speeches about Superman and now he suddenly loves him. This character is garbage, uninspired garbage even. He covered no new ground but definitely regressed Batman on every level.

#82 Posted by JamesWayne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

make him NOT the useless depressing "I wanna quit" embarrassment of the league, mind you they made EVERYONE useless next to supes, what a terrible film

#83 Posted by OrangeBat (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Funny thing is that Bale haters keep accusing his Batman of giving up and Lo and behold Affleck's entire arc in JL is about giving up, LMAO.

What's Affleck's excuse? His sudden crush on Superman and Wonder Woman?even though he was giving 1% speeches about Superman and now he suddenly loves him. This character is garbage, uninspired garbage even. He covered no new ground but definitely regressed Batman on every level.

I don't actually hate Baleman but the context is completely different here.

Batfleck contemplates quitting the Batman gig because he's getting old and is not as good as he used to be. His entire conundrum in the JL film is whether he even belongs on the team (which the movie unintentionally ends up proving right by making him the single most useless member of the group) as a past-his-prime shadow of himself. Which, again, doesn't really make sense in the wake of B v. S, where he utterly creamed Superman, but that's not here nor there. Effectively, he wonders whether he should lay aside the cape and cowl and try to live a normal, healthy life where he can die peacefully of old age, instead of continuing as Batman regardless of his worsening physical and mental state and probably dying violently in the process.

Baleman straight-up quits for eight years because the police are misled into thinking that he's a killer due to plot contrivance. He then comes back to fight Bane, passes his legacy to someone who is likely to die the very first night he goes out and retires with Catwoman. After fighting crime for a grand total of 1 and maybe a half year. I know you have a bit of a pro-Nolan bias, entropy (which is fine), but even you should be able to see why people would have issues with that.

#84 Edited by entropy_aegis (20947 posts) - - Show Bio

@orangebat: Your first paragraph nails my problem. The complete 180 turn from BVS to JL was jarring and poorly done.

I dont have a problem with Batman moving on but at its core the story of JL Batman is the story of TDK Batman except much worse. I dont believe that Nolan concluded his trilogy perfectly but the vision, ambition and scope of what he was trying I find admirable. His Bruce did say that he wanted to be a symbol and show good people back in Begins. There's a narrative cohesion even if yeah Blake was a weak link that is used to create that cohesion in a large part but I think in the end it was even bigger than Blake.

Batfleck is an incohesive mess of bad characterization.

#85 Edited by Black_Arrow (10293 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Baleman straight-up quits for eight years because the police are misled into thinking that he's a killer due to plot contrivance. He then comes back to fight Bane, passes his legacy to someone who is likely to die the very first night he goes out and retires with Catwoman. After fighting crime for a grand total of 1 and maybe a half year. I know you have a bit of a pro-Nolan bias, entropy (which is fine), but even you should be able to see why people would have issues with that.

He quit because he won his war, thanks to the Dent act the police didn't really need Batman to fight crime. He mentions that to Gordon and as soon as he was needed, he comes back even if the police chases him. Just wanted to clarify that, I think that Blake was a weak point. He was just there to add more to the point that Batman was a everlasting but his legacy is bigger than him as it was shown with the statue at the end.

#86 Edited by Amonfire1776 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill off his character...

#87 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: I guess retconing his actor will work too...worked for marvel...

#89 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I gotta change the title to, 'DCEU Batman'.

Bump.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.