How would you improve Batfleck? DCEU's Batman

• 88 results
#1 Edited by Usha (3698 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Overall I found him to be my favourite on-screen Batman so far, though there are a few small changes I would like to see.

1. A much much better fighter. Faster, more agile, use batarangs more, to be the greatest on screen mixed martial artist the world has ever seen (So far Yuri Boyka has that award)
  2. When The Justice League come together, I hope to see him talking very calm and calculated like he does in the Animated films.
  3. I want him to be the World's Greatest Detective. To deduce Justice League members and understand clues that pass Sherlock Holmes.
  4. And hopefully not kill for the next few movies, except for Darkseid, he has to kill Darkseid with a batarang to the face.
#2 Posted by JTMac005 (950 posts) - - Show Bio

I would just showcase his detective skills a little more. I wouldn't change his fighting at all. Thought it was perfect

#3 Posted by The_Valeyard (736 posts) - - Show Bio

I would remove the branding people with Bat Symbol stuff, and make him smarter/not gullible

#4 Posted by OrangeBat (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like for him not to be a killer, but if they keep that, at least explain why he hasn't offed the Joker, or make him off the Joker.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#5 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Affleck will not be a killer in the next one. People said the same thing about Superman changing after MoS but the first thing he did on screen was kill a man. So I'd make him more like comic book Batman where it counts since they only got the aethestics right.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
#6 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Affleck will not be a killer in the next one. People said the same thing about Superman changing after MoS but the first thing he did on screen was kill a man. So I'd make him more like comic book Batman where it counts since they only got the aethestics right.

Superman notes in the film that he didn't kill that guy. Only person/thing he kills in the film is Doomsday.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#7 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman didn't kill him. Why do people keep saying this?!?!?

#8 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: @nathaniel_christopher: Superman said "I didn't kill those men if that's what they think"

He was referring to the men that Lex's mercenaries killed not the man that he flew through three concrete walls. If that were the case he would have referenced just him.

#9 Posted by kcomicfan (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not make him kill.

#10 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

@petey_is_spidey: @nathaniel_christopher: Superman said "I didn't kill those men if that's what they think"

He was referring to the men that Lex's mercenaries killed not the man that he flew through three concrete walls. If that were the case he would have referenced just him.

He was referring to everyone that had been present at the scene, which included that guy. Why would he be making an argument about how he'd killed no one, yet leave out one person that he didn't kill, when the entire issue was people having been killed at that event? That literally makes no sense.

#11 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

He was referring to everyone that had been present at the scene, which included that guy. Why would he be making an argument about how he'd killed no one, yet leave out one person that he didn't kill, when the entire issue was people having been killed at that event? That literally makes no sense.

#12 Posted by lamdaddy20 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

Not make him a serial-killing psychopathic buffoon

#13 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Better Detective skills

No Kill Rule

That all he needs.

#14 Edited by wrucebayne (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:

Superman didn't kill him. Why do people keep saying this?!?!?

Because there's no way a normal human being would survive that attack. Just saying, "Oh, that guy that should've been demolished didn't die" doesn't take away the brutality of the scene.

#15 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

Alright then how do you suppose he lived? This is a realistic universe what do you think happened?

#16 Posted by Royal_Warrior (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are blind if you think superman didnt kill that guy

#17 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:
@nathaniel_christopher said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

Alright then how do you suppose he lived? This is a realistic universe what do you think happened?

I think that since the writers specifically had the main character involved, who is in a situation where he's being blamed for killing people, state that he didn't kill anyone, that he didn't kill anyone. Arguing against a direct statement from the film as if it wasn't made is silly, and again makes no sense. Realistic universe or no, if Superman says he didn't kill anyone then he didn't kill anyone.

#18 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:
@nathaniel_christopher said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

I think that since the writers specifically had the main character involved, who is in a situation where he's being blamed for killing people, state that he didn't kill anyone, that he didn't kill anyone. Arguing against a direct statement from the film as if it wasn't made is silly, and again makes no sense. Realistic universe or no, if Superman says he didn't kill anyone then he didn't kill anyone.

You guys are just trying to find a reason to blame him.

#19 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. I would just make sure that he's a little less jaded and less violent in the prequels, so as to keep with his personal themes in BvS. I thought he was perfect. I wouldn't mind a film that was more crime noir in the future, btw.

#20 Posted by Frozen (21133 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. I would just make sure that he's a little less jaded and less violent in the prequels, so as to keep with his personal themes in BvS. I thought he was perfect. I wouldn't mind a film that was more crime noir in the future, btw.

What prequels? His solo film might be after Justice League.

#21 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Yeah, but everything I've heard suggests that they'll do stories that occurred before BvS, though that's all hearsay and conjecture because there's no official script or plan.

#22 Posted by Skyfire (981 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with making him a better fighter. He didn't seem all THAT good against those mercs. Like one just walked up to him and shot him. Batman should be amazing, not just alright

Also no killing. One big mistake about Batfleck

#23 Posted by Mr___death (273 posts) - - Show Bio

More detective skill and no kill rule

#24 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

no killing

a detective.

Avatar image for lactosetolerant
#25 Posted by LactoseTolerant (69 posts) - - Show Bio

No killing, more martial arts badassery. I'm ok with the brutality because I honestly don't think it's that uncharacteristic of Batman. Other than that this is the best on-screen Batman I've seen.

#26 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

If you people think Batman wasn't an awesome fighter in BvS, you're looking for Batgod.

No.

#27 Edited by Sacrificer (97 posts) - - Show Bio

More detective work. I'm hungry for a "world's best detective" live action batman.

EDIT: I want to see more of his Bruce Wayne. That "pretending to be drunk" thing doesn't cut it. I want to see him presenting speeches to the people of Gotham about rebuilding things in Gotham or some shit.

#28 Edited by ndisnyjj55 (176 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

It was really disappointing that Batman didn't figure it out Superman's identity, so I would make him the world greatest detective.

#30 Posted by modernww2fare (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Just give him his no-killing rule

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
#31 Edited by Jasoninthewoods (380 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't improve on perfection;)

#32 Edited by Usha (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasoninthewoods said:

And now they can. The audience who witnessed the early screenings of Suicide Squad say Batman is very different than what he was in BvS.

A couple of Twitter users stated:

• "The big thing is that the movie literally saves DCEU Batman. This Batman is BTAS personified."
  • "Just about everyone I've talked to who saw the early screening and made it public on Twitter said...that he's very different from BvS's Batman and is pretty close to Batman TAS's Batman."

Looks like Batfleck has taken inspiration from Batman The Animated Series. Does that mean he's faster, a better fighter, more agile, can dodge bullets and look like a professional gymnast acrobat? There will be some TAS flair in it. Maybe he'll finally appear like the World's Greatest Detective.

Loading Video...

Thoughts? @ultrastarkiller@skyfire@lactosetolerant@scouterv

#33 Posted by The_Waffle (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he should kill more.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
#34 Edited by Jasoninthewoods (380 posts) - - Show Bio

@Usha Well that's interesting.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#35 Posted by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. This is not the comics, Batman should be killing Mercs. Lol

If you want a Batman not to kill, watch the other boatloads of movies/cartoons/video games where he doesn't. Damn pansies.

#36 Edited by adrikito (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@usha said:
@jasoninthewoods said:

And now they can. The audience who witnessed the early screenings of Suicide Squad say Batman is very different than what he was in BvS.

A couple of Twitter users stated:

• "The big thing is that the movie literally saves DCEU Batman. This Batman is BTAS personified."
  • "Just about everyone I've talked to who saw the early screening and made it public on Twitter said...that he's very different from BvS's Batman and is pretty close to Batman TAS's Batman."

Looks like Batfleck has taken inspiration from Batman The Animated Series. Does that mean he's faster, a better fighter, more agile, can dodge bullets and look like a professional gymnast acrobat? There will be some TAS flair in it. Maybe he'll finally appear like the World's Greatest Detective.

Loading Video...

Thoughts? @ultrastarkiller@skyfire@lactosetolerant@scouterv

I remember this serie... Here I met batman, This was the beginning of my admiration to batman. Good work Batfleck

@the_waffle said:

I think he should kill more.

HAHAHAHA

#37 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha: Eh. I never got the hype for BTAS. It was near the bottom for me of the DCAU.

Plus, I think BTAS which leans heavy onto Batgod, which I really don't need.

#38 Posted by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@usha: Eh. I never got the hype for BTAS. It was near the bottom for me of the DCAU.

Plus, I think BTAS which leans heavy onto Batgod, which I really don't need.

Have you watched BTAS? In most episode Batman had trouble fighting 4 guys and he failed tons of time during that show. It's the exact opposite of Batgod.

#39 Posted by MsSelene (518 posts) - - Show Bio

A less ridiculous looking fat bat-suit.

Avatar image for lactosetolerant
#40 Posted by LactoseTolerant (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@adrikito: This is great news! Good to know that some of DC's writers still have a good understanding of his character.

#41 Edited by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Better Detective skills

No Kill Rule

That all he needs.

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I would remove the voice filter. From the trailers I assumed it was only present with the robot armor, and so I was surprised to hear him using it even with the regular suit. I understand they probably wanted to distinguish themselves from Bale's Batman, the voice of which is arguably one of the most iconic aspects of, but I don't think it's that difficult to make an intimidating voice without drifting into Bale-levels of roughness. Just look at Stephen Amell in Arrow.

#43 Posted by The_Waffle (690 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by adrikito (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@lactosetolerant said:

@adrikito: This is great news! Good to know that some of DC's writers still have a good understanding of his character.

I've heard some times.. This:

This Batman Animated Series still continues to inspire DC respect batman world..

Of course..

Batman Beyond not change my opinion about batman.... Another character as Batman, but Terry is worthy.

#45 Posted by Usha (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright people, looks like some of your dreams will come true. Batfleck will showcase his, "World's Greatest Detective" skillz in the, "Justice League" and most likely in, "The Batman" as well.

Ben Affleck: “The world’s greatest detective aspect of Batman is more present in this story than it was in the last one, and will probably be expanded upon further in a Batman movie that I would do. I think all the great Batman stories are, at their heart, detective stories. That’s why they feel like noir movies in a way. Somehow feels like it could be The Maltese Falcon. But at their heart good Batman stories are, like I said, detective stories.”

#47 Posted by AckRecky7 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Ben Affleck: “The world’s greatest detective aspect of Batman is more present in this story than it was in the last one, and will probably be expanded upon further in a Batman movie that I would do. I think all the great Batman stories are, at their heart, detective stories. That’s why they feel like noir movies in a way. Somehow feels like it could be The Maltese Falcon. But at their heart good Batman stories are, like I said, detective stories.”

Well thank god Matt Reeves is going the detective noir route too because I want a Sherlock Batman!

#48 Posted by Eto (5334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ackrecky7: I trust in Reeves. Sure, the movie starts from scratch, but so what?!

So long as he delivers, I'm okay with that. Just don't rush it! 2020release seem most realistically, I think.

#49 Posted by AckRecky7 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: All I want is a really, really good mystery where no one in the audience at all knows what's going on until the mystery unravels 'till the end. I want it to surpass BBC Sherlock episodes, the movie Prisoners, even Shutter Island I guess in a way. I want to be mind**** throughout this film.

#50 Posted by Eto (5334 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.