Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

how smart is batman?

• 108 results
    ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@assassinb: How is he stupid in social situations? Being smart socially is why hes able to play his billionaire playboy persona so convincingly.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By AssassinB

@ironbart: He is stupid when in comes to intimate relationships. He can keep a facade but that dosen't mean he is good when things get serious. Thats why he uses his playboy persona to hide himself.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh discussing his intelligence is like discussing Flash's top speed; it truly depends on plot, there are times when he's a complete idiot who can't solve a simple mystery when all the facts are in front of him, or he probably couldn't build an iPhone if his life depended on it, similar to Flash jobbing. While other times he lives up to his title 'World's greatest detective' and has the intelligence to reverse engineer or hack into alien tech as if he's been doing it since he was a child. Superman states that Bruce is the smartest and most dangerous man on the planet, which means a lot considering Superman's greatest foe isn't exactly an idiot. It just depends on plot most of the time.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: I agree. But it actually depends on the writer's intelligence to write cohesive stories. Not Batman. He ain't real. The writer is the person who's imagination give us an intelligent Batman or not. I will forever thank Bill Finger to give Bruce Wayne his scientific background in the first place. That is how I always imagine Batman accomplishing stuff; with methodology and observation. Not with some ass feat just because it looks good, but whatever. Sometimes is fun.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: I agree. But it actually depends on the writer's intelligence to write cohesive stories. Not Batman. He ain't real. The writer is the person who's imagination give us an intelligent Batman or not.

That's what I meant by plot. The writer gives the heroes their feats, so when an atomic bomb is about to hit a city the writer needs to decide whether they want Flash to be fast enough to move all the city's people away from the blast before the bomb hits or not. similarly it's up to the writers to create a plot includes a smart Batman or a dumb Batman.

I will forever thank Bill Finger to give Bruce Wayne his scientific background in the first place. That is how I always imagine Batman accomplishing stuff; with methodology and observation. Not with some ass feat just because it looks good, but whatever. Sometimes is fun.

I agree! Batman should be a thinker with vast amounts of knowledge and idea in his stories.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we could see his thinking aspect more. I feel like there aren't enough titles of him just being smart as hell. I would love to see on movie screens and TV, but let's be real, the chances are less than the pidgeon hole that peeks into the room of slim.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zer0-x: me too :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Smart enough to be "The World's Greatest Detective."

Lieuex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards and Lex Luthor are smarter than him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.