Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

HeLL bat suit unstoppable?

• 51 results
    Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is batman unstoppable in hell bat suit. The fact that he went to apocalypse and not only stood toe to toe but beat up darkseid makes me wonder if he can just about beat anyone while wearing it. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't beat up Darkseid though...

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theparadox: Batman and Robin Vol 2 37

I believe they fought darkseid ripped the wings off the suit they were going back a forth and fight ended with batman blasting him with the energy from bat symbol on his chest

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know they fought, but Darkseid was beating Bruce until Bruce blasted him and flew away.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gracetrack

It's extremely powerful. I think he could KO Superman with it, at the very least. It fared considerably better against attacks that the founding members of the Justice League couldn't stand up to.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No.

Have Zatanna do some spell that weakens it.

Have Deadman posses Batman.

Have Chuck Norris stare at him.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was really hit and run. And when he blasted Darkseid he used chaos shard's energy via Hellbat armor i think. He was getting his ass beat fairly bad until that moment although i do think it's probably his strongest armor.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Wasn't Darkseid weakend from his battles with Earth 2 during that fight and he was really still winning.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Batman vs. Darkseid is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

Hell Bat suit or not, Batman is a man. Darkseid is a GOD.

I love Batman (no homo) and have been a huge fan of his for as far back as I can remember. But to me, any fight involving Batman taking on Darkseid (it's happened before, kids, in the same stupid comic that had Batman beat nerfed Doomsday clones), is nothing but fanfic...and not even good fanfic.

I don't mean to be wet blanket in this thread, but Batgod has to be one of things that really presses my buttons in the realm of comic books. That and the weakness to the colour yellow for GLs (THANK GOODNESS they retconned that).

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah dawg

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah it doesn't make him invincible.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combine that with prep time and yes he is.

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its enough to beat Darkseid

WilliamAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: Why?Just think of it like an Iron Man armor,like the dark knight returns armor,at least Darkseid beat the crap out of him.You're welcome.Plus does that mean that Tony can't touch Thanos even with his suit?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But he didn't even beat Darkseid, Darkseid was weak from what the League did to him and was still able to take all what Hell Bat dished out. Also doesn't it drain the user life force that is going to be a problem depending on how long the battle is.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bet captain cold would win

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid would've won had the fight gone on longer.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@sinestro_gl: Why?Just think of it like an Iron Man armor,like the dark knight returns armor,at least Darkseid beat the crap out of him.You're welcome.Plus does that mean that Tony can't touch Thanos even with his suit?

Iron-Man is very much a B-grade hero...or at least that was the main consensus before Robert Downey Jr made him popular. The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favourite stories, as far as the first half of it goes, as I disliked the whole Batman vs. Superman portion of it...I think it's clear that Supes was jobbing throughout that fight...something that I doubt Darkseid would do.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The Hellbat suit was barely slowing Darkseid down, it took a full powered blast from the chest port for one of Hellbat's attacks to even move Darkseid. And even after that, Darkseid had gotten up by the next page. Fortunately this time, Batman was portrayed as the underdog fighting against a foe he couldn't possibly win against. Had the fight dragged on, Darkseid would have torn the Hellbat suit apart or vaporised Bats with his Omega Beams.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

The Hellbat suit was barely slowing Darkseid down, it took a full powered blast from the chest port for one of Hellbat's attacks to even move Darkseid. And even after that, Darkseid had gotten up by the next page. Fortunately this time, Batman was portrayed as the underdog fighting against a foe he couldn't possibly win against. Had the fight dragged on, Darkseid would have torn the Hellbat suit apart or vaporised Bats with his Omega Beams.

But he solo'd entire Apokolips excluding Darkseid. That means something.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@bigcimmerian: why parademons are cannon fodders.

Yup, but he made a fool out of Kalibak and that other guy.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman could beat it

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: you realise that the beam that the hellbat shot wasn't from the hellbats own power right?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Eh, Kalibak is a bit of a jobber also wasn't that his first n52 appearance, we don't know exactly how powerful he is now, he got rocked by Super-robin.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bigcimmerian

@the_kidd said:
    @bigcimmerian said:
    @the_kidd said:

Eh, Kalibak is a bit of a jobber also wasn't that his first n52 appearance, we don't know exactly how powerful he is now, he got rocked by Super-robin.

Well, he certainly isn't Spiderman level, he's most likely the same as always.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: you realise that the beam that the hellbat shot wasn't from the hellbats own power right?

Yes I'm aware it could have been from the Chaos Shard's power too but that wouldn't make sense. Batman was trying to store the Omega Beam charged Chaos Shard's energy to bring Damian back to life, why would he waste it on blasting Darkseid? Moreover, Batman told the suit to divert "full power of the Hellbat suit to the chest port." No mention of the Chaos shard's power, just the Hellbat's power. But if you can prove that the Chaos Shard's power was also utilised, I'll be glad to hear it. I'm not a very big fan of Bat God myself and at least Hellbat vs Darkseid showed how a prepped Batman in a super suit would still be outmatched by a being of super powered titanic proportions.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Batman's beaten several Parademons on his own, they're just comic book fodder now, same as every other kind of fodder.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@bigcimmerian: Batman's beaten several Parademons on his own, they're just comic book fodder now, same as every other kind of fodder.

Several Parademons and entire planet of them, along with heavy war machinery and other aliens from Apokolips coupled with Kalibak are hardly the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@deathstroke52: or just Zatanna saying "eht tiustablleh smrofsnart otni dica" and ends the fight or Captain Atom using his powers tranforming his suit into feathers and kill Bruce with radiation. I would say tha Firestorm could something like Captain Atom but i dont know if he did something like on N52 yet.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

Several Parademons and entire planet of them, along with heavy war machinery and other aliens from Apokolips coupled with Kalibak are hardly the same.

Obviously he couldn't have done that on his own but the Parademons are not that impressive IMO, that's all. And Batman only KOed Kalibak by using his own weapon against him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He sure did stomp his way through Darkseid army pretty quickly, and the suit is very durable, but nothing he did actually harmed Darkseid. It was just stalling and trying to slow him down. Darkseid actually ripped the wings off at one point. The only thing that actually knocked Darkseid down was a blast powered by the chaos shard, and he still got right back up. I'm very happy how they have portrayed Darkseid so far in the new 52. Totally physically dominant.

Batman could probably survive a short encounter with powerful beings in the suit but that's about it.

But I also think its important to remember, for batman fans, that the suit wasn't designed to fight Darkseid. If I remember correctly, it was just made to fight very powerful foes, not specifically for Darkseid. So its not like Batman's "Darkseid buster suit" failed, this suit was just for generically super powerful beings, or anyone above superman I guess.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What are you doing exactly? Why are you downplaying what he did on Apokolips?

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the suit, it's the man inside the suit that is unstoppable.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What are you doing exactly? Why are you downplaying what he did on Apokolips?

I'm just pointing out that the Parademons weren't as impressive as you might think. At best, this is simply a minor downplaying of that feat, it doesn't change how impressive the Hellbat's demolition of Apolykptian forces was.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Bruce really have the technology and smarts to design a suit that can fight a god?....you would think he could invent technology that could solve alot of the worlds problems if that's the case.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@azza04: The JL made it, not Batman.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Who actually designed it specifically? I haven't been following.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hellbat suit was designed by Batman, and created by the Justice League. It's clear that Bruce knows that only his technology can't be enough to go against someone like Kalibak or Darkseid. They are gods. Of course we have the Justice Buster too, completely created by Batman, and we saw that it was really useful, also against Superman, but it was destroyed at the end. The Hellbat is go further the limit of technology, cause it was made by gods to fight other gods.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About what I said before, it is clear that DC is better than Marvel on this matter. Let's think about Doctor Doom or Reed Richards, able to create completely alone and with their own technology, devices that can defeat or steal powers to the Gods (Galactus too). So, Richards can defeat a God, so Richards become...a God.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Akrasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@williamawesome said:

Iron-Man is very much a B-grade hero...or at least that was the main consensus before Robert Downey Jr made him popular. The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favourite stories, as far as the first half of it goes, as I disliked the whole Batman vs. Superman portion of it...I think it's clear that Supes was jobbing throughout that fight...something that I doubt Darkseid would do.

First off Iron Man has never been a B grade hero. He just wasn't the flagship. He was maybe tied with Thor for 5th most popular Marvel character behind Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America. All the Marvel MCU did was push him from 5th to 2nd or 3rd (Spiderman is still the face of Marvel). Tony's always had his own book and has been the leader of the Avengers on and off since it's inception. Iron Man is also one of the few truly archetypal superheroes Marvel has. DC has most of them (Superman the god among men, Batman the normal(ish) man who can out do gods, Wonder Women the strong female superhero, Flash the speedster, Green Lantern the energy wielding cosmic superhero, Aquaman the sea king, even though Namor came 1st). DC has noticeably avoided making power suits a major part of their A list. Steel is a B grade hero at best, Luthor uses power suits only when he needs to, Mr Freeze is a cold based character and needs his suit to survive. and then we come to Batman..

Bats has had a power suit for a long time. (At least as far back as The Dark Knight Returns put that idea out there). With his resources and connections (and his obsession with prep) it's ridiculous to think he wouldn't have the most advanced suit on the planet. But he almost never uses it.. Why? Not because it isn't practical. Flying a jet through the city of Gotham isn't practical. Not because he is an egomaniac that needs to prove his superiority without dishonorable gear. Except for killing Batman tends think the ends justifies the means when it comes to justice. It's because that's not Batman's thing. It's Iron Man's thing. Look at the backlash the comic community has over Sentry (who's obviously one of many Superman clones more specifically a Miracle Man clone who's a Superman clone). Based on his story Sentry should actually be WAY more powerful than Superman but Marvel couldn't make him more popular than Superman because Superman is the iconic overpowered superhero. Strength, speed, durability, flight and cape and you're a Superman clone. Same way if Batman wore his power armor all the time (which he should) he'd stop being the iconic normal human facing gods (and winning), he'd just be an Iron Man clone... and DC wouldn't do that.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
    DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading through this issue again, it looked to me as Darkseid was actually damaged after getting hit with the chest blast. You could clearly see his face was messed up and his body was covered in smoke. But aside all that, Darkseid told Kalibak to stay back and allowed Bruce to escape even though he was very eager to kill Batman in the previous panels. To me that looks like Darkseid chose not to continue on with the fight. This does imply that Hellbat actually did some damage to Darkseid. As seen from him to fall back in a sense.

Is it unstoppable? Of course not. But it is nothing short of impressive in my book.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: by feats Spider-Man can beat it

Show me Spiderman withstanding hits from a Darkseid level opponent.

Show me Spiderman punching Darkseid level opponents.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Not all fodder when Hal Jordan had trouble with one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.