Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Grant Morrison's Batman Finale

roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By roboticjesus

It looks like when Batman Inc. relaunches in 2012, it is going to be limited to a 12 issue run and will be Grant Morrison's Batman finale. In an interview with Comic Book Resources, he talks about how he considers the end of the current Batman Inc. run the end of part one and the final 12 issue run will be "my big race to the finish with Batman... I'm very excited about that one because I'm using a completely different storytelling style, which I think will be quite exciting."

As someone who has not been pleased with Batman Inc. so far, I remain skeptical of how the final 12 issues will go. I have loved Grant Morrison's run on Batman up until Inc. I just hope he finds a good way to wrap up his work over the last few years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

My only complaint about Batman, Inc has been a glaring lack of focus. The issues have been fun stories, yet they don't seem to have that underlying theme that was a strong point of the previous Bat-Morrison stuff.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'm not the biggest fan of Inc, but I trust Grant to deliver. Even New X-Men, Doom Patrol and JLA had their weak points.

OK...Not Doom Patrol.

roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By roboticjesus

@FadeToBlackBolt:

@Jake Fury:

The quality of writing in Batman Inc. isn't poor IMO, I am just not a fan of the idea behind multiple Batmen and the Bruce Wayne Batman having a more global focus. I prefer Bruce in Gotham most of the time. There is only one Batman after the re-launch, so it will be interesting how the changes brought by the re-launch have an impact on the final 12 issues of Inc.

I'm really looking forward to his run on Action Comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@roboticjesus
    Exactly. I actually felt like the Batmen of All Nations could have at least had their own mini to test the waters for them.
    Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Roldan
    @Jake Fury said:

@roboticjesus: Exactly. I actually felt like the Batmen of All Nations could have at least had their own mini to test the waters for them.

Won't they be apart of the meat of the story? I mean right now they're just re-introducing them and give some more character development before we go into the leviathan arc.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @Jake Fury said:
    My only complaint about Batman, Inc has been a glaring lack of focus. The issues have been fun stories, yet they don't seem to have that underlying theme that was a strong point of the previous Bat-Morrison stuff.
    I actually like the concept of Batman Inc., but it is pretty undeniable that one can't fully see what Grant is trying to do with the whole idea.

I think everything will play out better once the war with Leviathan begins.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

Good news 

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @entropy_aegis: *glares*
    sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By sj_esposito
    I think Morrison is going to blow us all away in the end. Batman, Inc. is okay right now, and I enjoy the issues, but I do agree with @Jake Fury:  in that it seems to be suffering from lack of focus. However, I have all the confidence in the world that a few years from now, I'll be going back and reading Morrison's entire epic and thinking how amazing it is. Leviathan should tie all the loose ends. 
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By MrUnknown

I think Bat Inc. will just use the old (current) continuity and finish it's story. People just hate the concept but the story is solid!

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Feliciano2040

Predictions ?

Alfred is going to betray Bruce Wayne and Batman Incorporated.

Called it first here !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.