Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Gotham Discussion Thread

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#51  Edited By CrazyScarecrow
    @deathpoolthet1000:
    @deathpoolthet1000:

Gotham is a lot like the '66 Batman show. It's extremely cheesy. However its unintentionally cheesy. Which makes it funnier. I like it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The show is in desperation mode, they notice there is no way to get Batman and force Bruce Wayne to act like Patrick Bateman.

Again, a good show is good without the need of a gimmick, without the Batman before Batman gimmick, no one would be watching this show.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just seen the first episode on UK terrestrial TV. Great, lot of potential and getting positive feedback from the UK reviewers, which doesn't often happen with comic book stuff. Even the Telegraph like it !!

Blingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Blingus

I hate to troll but I really think this show is horrible. Out of all the comic-based or not shows that are both premiering and continuing, this one is just barely watchable.

Having been a hardcore anti-DC guy for almost 3 decades and then basically stopped following Marvel for the past 2 years catching up from Infinite Crisis all the way through the New 52, I'd have to say that I'm very interested in the DC multiverse. Unfortunately, this show is as disgraceful as the worst media that ties into that multiverse. Just my $0.02.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why still no comments about Venom ? :D

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bezza

Man, this is a weird thread....I thought it was gonna be an appreciation thread, but no, its just a load of haters knocking gotham and a private spat between my good pal @punyparker and @valdemocnij about whether Puny is a Batman fan or not.

Well Punyparker is a massive Batman fan that much is obvious to anyone who knows him and personally I am loving the show and don't know why people hate it!!!

Can someone else post something positive on here about Gotham?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@bezza said:

Man, this is a weird thread....I thought it was gonna be an appreciation thread, but no, its just a load of haters knocking gotham and a private spat between my good pal @punyparker and @valdemocnij about whether Puny is a Batman fan or not.

Well Punyparker is a massive Batman fan that much is obvious to anyone who knows him and personally I am loving the show and don't know why people hate it!!!

Can someone else post something positive on here about Gotham?

(thank you)

Where did i say i hated it,mate?

I criticized it.........i think it's the obvious thing to do........

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I wasn't thinking of you amongst the haters...but generally not a lot of positive feedback from people. Its better than Agents of Shield.!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@punyparker:

I wasn't thinking of you amongst the haters...but generally not a lot of positive feedback from people. Its better than Agents of Shield.!

I love it.
    I have some problems with it,like the over exposotion of villians,and the way Bruce is treated,but overall,i love the freaking hell out of it.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I think it says a lot for the strength of the Batman cast overall that a TV show in Gotham without Batman in it can still be interesting. cant think of many other characters who could pull that off....Last nights was great. Not sure where you are at in US but we are on Episode 3 in UK. Love the Penguin, very well cast. The guy just freaks me out!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I love this show. Its even better that the weakest part of the show is Bruce and characters like the Penguin and Bullock are way better.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So when is the Joker popping up I wonder?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

I hear a rummor, that Joker already happen ! :)

Delaroja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the show is boring with cheesy writing/bad writing

I did not like how Selena witnessed the Wayne Murder, all these villains who arent villains yet...

Its basically a morally-gray cop show with cheesy references

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By OrangeBat

Just watched the latest episode, Penguin's Umbrella. My reaction?

No Caption Provided

Next week's episode better be a knockout, otherwise I'm quitting this show. Seven episodes in, it's still barely mediocre.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ep 9 was BAD!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not missing much?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not missing much?

The show is not very good but it may be worth a look.

Anzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you think the series is going now, with the penultimate having been released? Also about this crazy rumour that Oswald Cobblepot could be the Joker not the Penguin

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@anzid: False! False! False! Oswald is NOT the Joker. It was a stupid rumor to begin with, I have no idea how people bought into it, and in any case, the actor has already denied it.

Anzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for webslingingpete
    webslingingpete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first few episodes were fine. Then I realized how incorrect and "non Batman-ish" it was.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i know anything about this serie... its that i want.... that Fish have to kill Penguin... but because we all know that he will survive all of this events, i wish that she beat him almost to the death, and there he got his hunched walk :D

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy

I'm pretty sure I'm done. The writers on this show weren't talented enough to give Gordon his OWN villains, or someone was very mistakenly keeping the writers from doing so. In this show's storyline the Batman is years away. There's NO real reason to have started the series with so many of the Bat's rogues. None.

Write a crime drama with an evolution working towards all the Batman mythos. That's all they had to do. Now there's going to be history on the one villain who's better off without a history.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I will took liberty to complement your post a little...

To focus on crime families rising, Falcones, Maroni, Scareli (down) maybe Bertinelli...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I will took liberty to complement your post a little...

No need,i really feel that this position is mutual amongst Batman fans,right now.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Whatever.. i just wanna say that iagree with u... and that they can somehow put Scareli in the Gotham :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath: They sure could develop the Wayne family more before killing them,along with developing all the families you mentioned.

But NOOOO.......you just need to get Joker there.....

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Yea u are right... Martha and Thomas death will be fine to happen at the end of series... its not so interesting whats happen after that 'cause we know, who did that and will happen after that :)

Em... to get Joker ? It will be total disaster... don't remind me about that rumor... its too early to show Red Hood gang, Bruce/Batman have to fight with them !!! And its so much early to show Joker... that comedian who already happen is enough for Joker appearance :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Em... to get Joker ? It will be total disaster... don't remind me about that rumor... its too early to show Red Hood gang, Bruce/Batman have to fight with them !!! And its so much early to show Joker... that comedian who already happen is enough for Joker appearance :)

Look at this crap....

Loading Video...

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Em... i dont see this before... and.. only what i have to say... is... no worth to comment !

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Em... i dont see this before... and.. only what i have to say... is... no worth to comment !

This dude commented and i bow before him

"This is sh*t. This is absolute sh*t. This show should stay as far away from the Joker as possible. The Joker does not exist without Batman, and even if he does, this is way to early to introduce him. Showing a character like the Joker as a child absolutely ruins the mysterious element of the Joker. Giving him a definite backstory is one of the worst things any adaptation could ever do to the Joker. And seeing the way they've treated characters like Riddler, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy pre-villainy doesn't give me high hopes.

Oh but wait, I'm sorry, I shouldn't criticism this show for something like that. After all this is just an adaptation, they can have artistic liberty, no harm done. No, if you're are going to change a character to this extent, it might as well not even be the same character. Give him a different name, and I won't have any expectations of him being like the character I know and love."

@rustyroy ^^

Avatar image for wastelandherox9x
    Wastelandherox9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that red haired kid supposed to be the joker in today's episode

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that red haired kid supposed to be the joker in today's episode

I believe he's just a red hering

Either he's just a red herring to throw us off, or a the real joker's son(the red hoods son), or the real joker who will become the new red hood.

@punyparker what do you think

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: I'm watching this for Bullock.

Did you read my reaction for the show?

I'm pretty sure I'm done. The writers on this show weren't talented enough to give Gordon his OWN villains, or someone was very mistakenly keeping the writers from doing so. In this show's storyline the Batman is years away. There's NO real reason to have started the series with so many of the Bat's rogues. None.

Write a crime drama with an evolution working towards all the Batman mythos. That's all they had to do. Now there's going to be history on the one villain who's better off without a history.

That^ remains my opinion.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: I'm watching this for Bullock.

Did you read my reaction for the show?

@punyparker said:

That^ remains my opinion.

I agree the only way I see it getting any better is if they time jump 5-10 years per season and having the last season have the red hood fall in the chemicals by batman.

Im not gonna lie if jerome is truly the joker that was impressive acting for the show, but the joker has no past or origin story for that matter. If they were to give him an origin it should of been the killing joke story where we could actually get a good ep from the show, but no instead we got jerome killing his mother because she was a whore. Hopefully there's more to it like jerome is the son of the joker who becomes a new red hood. And for god sakes we all know she's gonna die so why try and fail at making fish mooney a badass.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree the only way I see it getting any better is if they time jump 5-10 years per season and having the last season have the red hood fall in the chemicals by batman.

That would distance itself from Gordon even more.
    You want to be called a Gordon show,then be one.....don't be a boring Batman prelude.Poorly executed,i might add.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: yeah they should of done what they did with agent carter and give gordon his own enemies without sticking batman down our throats every five seconds.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: And just Don't.Touch.Joker.

One villian who doesn't need an origin.Come on.

BUT,it's not officially connected to anything,so the F with it,Bullock's awesome.Watch it for fun.Don't take it seriously.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Master_Thief
    ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

he now have two origins somehow... is he that freak guy, or is he red hood ?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

he now have two origins somehow... is he that freak guy, or is he red hood ?

Comics,redhood.
    Done.

This show is for laughs.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I delete my thread bcs guys don't understand me... it was that Gotham evolve to Batman tv show.... to skip this crap story about gotham and to come to right point :) It don't have to happen that they reveal who kill Martha and Thomas in this show, it have to happen in the Batman story....

selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

They put gotham on a science fiction channel in turkey :(

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Master_Thief

@punyparker just saw the red hood ep yesterday and i felt a ras al ghul vibe at the end with the major and the board. i bet next season they're gonna throw in the court of owls and league of assassins. Soon they're gonna run out of characters and its gonna get cancelled.

deadwill_260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ihat there is a seris about gotham

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that thinks Alfred surviving that stab wound was bullshit?

Pause right where the guy pulls out his knife, and you can see that Alfred got stabbed in or near the heart.

There's no way in hell he's not a corpse yet.

Avatar image for thedusksentinel
    TheDuskSentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheDuskSentinel

My god, people here whine soooo much. This show isn't perfect, but it most certainly is entertaining. As a Batman fan, I am not disappointed. I'm going to agree with others and say that most people who have a problem with this show only dislike it because it doesn't fit their head-canon, or it doesn't gel with actual canon. Frankly, these aren't very fair complaints. Let the show be its own thing and enjoy it for what it is.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedusksentinel:

You see.. we all watch wrong at this show ! Its not Batman show, only a less... but again not ! This show is about Gordon, Falcone, Penguin, Nygma... events before Batman, which can be connect to him, but... again don't must !!! This show is still don' t focused on Bruce to become Batman, and maybe will not be, and possible don't must be :)

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ArkhamWrath
    No Caption Provided

Why he blame Batman for what happen to him... it was Killer Croc !!! Only man for which disfigured face is Batman guilty is Doctor Death ! So... could this be Dr. Death ? He is good with the chemicals... he already at past use chemical gases !!! Maybe he can even better use Scarecrow gass of him !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.