Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does he have any "Light" good story arcs?

Lasiurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lasiurus

I've just kind of noticed, that it seems like the Batman comics that people love, always involve either Batman getting the snot kicked out of him; "Knightfall" "Court of Owls" etc, or stories that involve someone close to him suffering such as Batgirl getting crippled, or Jason being killed. I was just wondering if there were any well recieved Batman stories in which, well he's not getting beaten etc?

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Saucedo17

I've only read the New 52 Batman so for me it's a no (for now) now that you mention it does he have any good "light" story arcs

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

Well, Batman doesn't star this one, but Batgirl: Year One is not only lighthearted, but also pretty good.

DarKnightNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarKnightNoir

yes, there are a lot of Batman stories where he isn't getting fucked up.

yes, a lot of them are very good. Are they "light?" I dunno. Batman is kind of a dark character, but I mean they're light in the sense that he isn't getting his ass kicked.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

goood question, i would like to know too! as I think about it...I dont think ive read a "light feel good" story yet....maybe except the bat-mite from legends of the dark knight?

Lasiurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lasiurus

=/ Well I mean Batman being the "Dark" knight I do enjoy, I'm just getting a little fed up. I mean I do admit that I am biased because Batman is my favorite hero. I don't however think, that the only "Good" storylines have to involve him going through some massive trauma, just because we can go "Oh look! Even after being crippled, and having his adopted daughter gangraped in front of him, Batman still doesn't give up!" I'm okay with that every once in a while, just not at the rate it seems to be going. Also I always feel like he's cheated in the rematches. I never feel as if Batman really pummels the respect out of the villains who do give him a beating, such as Bane, or in the Owls storyline Talon.

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saucedo17

@Lasiurus:He does what he needs to do to jet the job done and it also makes since that he cheats a little to beat guys stronger then him like Bane or Lincoln March/Thomas Wayne jr, he can't beat them all fairly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.