Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Did DC muck up the timing for night of the monster men

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Epyon007

I can't speak for the Nightwing series, but as far as I am aware the only batman comic with any lead in to the event is batman's solo comic. The other ones are essentially dropping what they are doing with no lead in. Fortunately, since they are doing releases twice a month. There is hardly any down time. Still seems like awkward timing to me.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just a month, it's really not an issue for me. If you don't like what the crossover has to offer, the next arc is right around the corner.

ndisnyjj55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope only 1 month

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

"Batman" starts, "Nightwing" continues, then "Detective Comics" continues, then "Batman", then "Nighwing", and then "Detective Comics" concludes...its a 6-issues-arc.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm not reading Nightwing, but I believe Detective Comics is part of the crossover and they never really needed any lead in. There were super small hints I think near the beginning when Batman was going around making sure the team is formed, but other than that I don't think it really needed much lead in. The Batman solo having the most lead in makes sense, and just like any comic arc these days there won't be many threads continuing from arc to arc. As I've understood it Nightwing, Batman, and Detective Comics will all have their first arcs and Night of the Monster Men will be all of their second mini arc, then the real second arc will be after that.

It's mostly speculation on my part, but if you read the trades once they come out I think Night of the Monster Men will be its own trade while each individual series will skip over those issues in their collections.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.