Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Dark Knight

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#1  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I read somewhere that some lucky punks got to see the first 6 or so minutes of the movie. If anyone knows where you can watch it (it's gotta be online somewhere) then post it so we can see.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Interesting.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I'm suprised no one had anything to say about the news story I linked to.

Rotten Tomatoes says:

"The much-ballyhooed IMAX intro to The Dark Knight has had its premiere screening -- and IGN Movies was there to tell the tale!The six-minute intro, which will be attached to IMAX screenings of I Am Legend starting December 14th, was unveiled Wednesday night, and IGN Movies has posted the details. We won't share 'em all here, but let's run down a few of the high points:1. It begins with the first few minutes of the film, which introduce Heath Ledger's Joker to the audience.2. A bank heist is involved.3. William Fichtner sighting!4. Explosions! Gunfire!5. It ends with a series of clips of Batman in action.To read a more detailed rundown, click on the first link below -- either before or after you click on the second link, which will lead you to IGN's in-depth interview with Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan. Don't expect a ton of new information -- Nolan's no dummy -- but nestled among the expected quotes (Heath Ledger's performance will amaze us, Nolan isn't concerned with the Justice League of America movie, et cetera), you'll find a few interesting tidbits, such as:We never wanted to do an origin story for the Joker in this film. The arc of the story is much more Harvey Dent's; the Joker is presented as an absolute. It's a very thrilling element in the film, and a very important element, but we wanted to deal with the rise of the Joker not the origin of the Joker, if that makes sense.To read more, click below!Source: IGN Movies"
    Avatar image for knightlyvengence
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KnightlyVengence

Sweet!!!

NinjaGaidenX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NinjaGaidenX7

i can't for batman the dark knight movie but the the only two things was a big letdown is 1. i don't care of what some people say the new joker looks so bad i hate it's dogshit, 2. why batman holding a gun? batman never beleave in guns, im starting to wondering.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I'm suprised no one had *anything* to say about the news story I linked to.Rotten Tomatoes says:
    "The much-ballyhooed IMAX intro to The Dark Knight has had its premiere screening -- and IGN Movies was there to tell the tale!The six-minute intro, which will be attached to IMAX screenings of I Am Legend starting December 14th, was unveiled Wednesday night, and IGN Movies has posted the details. We won't share 'em all here, but let's run down a few of the high points:1. It begins with the first few minutes of the film, which introduce Heath Ledger's Joker to the audience.2. A bank heist is involved.3. William Fichtner sighting!4. Explosions! Gunfire!5. It ends with a series of clips of Batman in action.To read a more detailed rundown, click on the first link below -- either before or after you click on the second link, which will lead you to IGN's in-depth interview with Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan. Don't expect a ton of new information -- Nolan's no dummy -- but nestled among the expected quotes (Heath Ledger's performance will amaze us, Nolan isn't concerned with the Justice League of America movie, et cetera), you'll find a few interesting tidbits, such as:We never wanted to do an origin story for the Joker in this film. The arc of the story is much more Harvey Dent's; the Joker is presented as an absolute. It's a very thrilling element in the film, and a very important element, but we wanted to deal with the rise of the Joker not the origin of the Joker, if that makes sense.To read more, click below!Source: IGN Movies"
    "

I didn't say anything because I didn't read it. I read the spoilerific article CBR had that goes through the 6 minute clip and from what I saw there, it looked good. http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12535

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

One of the IGN links (in the Rotten Tomatoes story) had a blow by blow account as well and there's an interview with Chris Nolan.

On a side note, I was looking at the coments of an interview with Nolan and Bale on Youtube and one of them was "why are they speaking with British accents?" I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnightlyVengence

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"One of the IGN links (in the Rotten Tomatoes story) had a blow by blow account as well *and* there's an interview with Chris Nolan.On a side note, I was looking at the coments of an interview with Nolan and Bale on Youtube and one of them was "why are they speaking with British accents?" I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry."

Because they're both British...

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KnightlyVengence

NinjaGaidenX7 says:

"i can't for batman the dark knight movie but the the only two things was a big letdown is 1. i don't care of what some people say the new joker looks so bad i hate it's dogshit, 2. why batman holding a gun? batman never beleave in guns, im starting to wondering."

All we've seen is pictures of the joker... that's not enough to judge a performance either way, and Batman and the gun? Look in the picture. I saw one with like four guys dressed like Batman... so my guess is the guy you saw isn't really Batman. Don't bash it till you see it, Chris hasn't let us down yet...

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

KnightlyVengence says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
    "One of the IGN links (in the Rotten Tomatoes story) had a blow by blow account as well *and* there's an interview with Chris Nolan. On a side note, I was looking at the coments of an interview with Nolan and Bale on Youtube and one of them was "why are they speaking with British accents?" I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry."
    Because they're both British..."

Yes, they are. The thing I found funny wasn't that they didn't know, but that someone watched the interview and thought it was for some other reason. Perhaps an "in joke" they had, or were doing a bit for the interview. This is the interview:

NinjaGaidenX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaGaidenX7

yeah i guess your right, but even if he pull it off as the joker i still hate the look of the joker, but i will still see the movie batman and iron man movie.

ZORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ZORN

Dark Knight Trailer 2 - Batman

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Holy-camera-wobble! that looks good.

irongirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By irongirl

All of my doubts about Heath Ledger as the Joker have been erased. I am ashamed I ever doubted.
    Post Edited:2007-12-16 17:04:44

MrsJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By MrsJ
    MrsJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrsJ

(you're welcome to comment on my blog)

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

MrsJ says:

"On my blog here: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/MrsJ/ I posted a 6min vid' of you guessed it the beginning of The Dark Knight!"

That's what I was looking for. It's a bootleg so quality aint great, but it's better than nothing.

Post Edited:2007-12-16 17:34:21

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zero edge

LAME! that video is no longer available.... I saw this too late... guess I'll have to wait till it comes out =(

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By acewasp23

yeah same, that kinda sucks.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Forever

zero edge says:

"LAME! that video is no longer available.... I saw this too late... guess I'll have to wait till it comes out =("

I'm sure you'll survive.

MrsJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrsJ

Forever says:

"zero edge says:
    "LAME! that video is no longer available.... I saw this too late... guess I'll have to wait till it comes out =("
    I'm sure you'll survive."

I'm glad I saw it the day it came out--cuz I don't think I'D survive.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

That looks cool. Is that Agent Mahone from Prison Break taking out the Joker's goons with a shot gun? Sweet.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zero edge

Thanks Buck.

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By lady_redhead

Im with Ninjagaiden, Batman doesnet use guns and why would he need too! tho i do like the look of the Joker, you gotta move with the times on that one! but i thought the first movie was pretty average so this one has low expectations for me!

BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS i say

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordraiden

Lady Redhead says:

"Im with Ninjagaiden, Batman doesnet use guns and why would he need too! tho i do like the look of the Joker, you gotta move with the times on that one! but i thought the first movie was pretty average so this one has low expectations for me! BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS i say"

are you serious? I hate it when people are on better drugs than me!!!!! rock on Bale! rock on Dark knight!

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By lady_redhead

lordraiden says:

"Lady Redhead says:
    "Im with Ninjagaiden, Batman doesnet use guns and why would he need too! tho i do like the look of the Joker, you gotta move with the times on that one! but i thought the first movie was pretty average so this one has low expectations for me! BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS i say"
    are you serious? I hate it when people are on better drugs than me!!!!! rock on Bale! rock on Dark knight!"

you wish you had my drugs honey!!

nup Burton, keaton all the way!!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lordraiden

Lady Redhead says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Lady Redhead says:
    are you serious? I hate it when people are on better drugs than me!!!!! rock on Bale! rock on Dark knight!"
    you wish you had my drugs honey!! nup Burton, keaton all the way!!"

Sorry, trying to pick my self off the floor! Like I said before, everyone's a f@#$ing comedian these days!

Avatar image for the_darkest_knight
    The Darkest Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Andferne

Cant wait to see this movie. I liked the first one and this looks to be even better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.