Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

confusion about rebirth & pre 52 batman

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
    HauntedGraveyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've read that rebirth takes place on pre 52/preflashpoint earth.

I've read that rebirth Batman is not the same Batman as pre 52 Batman.

If pre 52 superman is on rebirth earth what was pre 52s Batmans reaction.

So confused.

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Well.. it's complicated.

Rebirth is a direct continuation of the New 52, so it's that universe. All the stuff happening in the current books is based off of that era's continuity, by-and-large.

But it's also been revealed that (and I may not have all the details here right, so forgive me) the pre-Flashpoint universe is the same one as well. It's just that 10 years have been removed in some way, thus changing the timeline (more drastically for some characters than others). So really, both are true, just not in the same way.

It's still all a bit wibbly-wobbly and timey-wimey, but that's basically it so far.

Avatar image for redwhiteandbluesupes
    RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pre 52 Batman and rebirth Batman have been revealed to be the same, although Batman doesn't remember all of his pre 52 history due to the events of rebirth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.