Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Comic-Con: Brave and the Bold & Young Justice Panel

• 67 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

Friday at the Batman: The Brave and the Bold panel, things started off great. It was announced that on August 17 we would get Season 1 Volume 1 (okay, maybe not super great since it's not the complete season). On September 7 the video game comes out. Even John DiMaggio, voice of Aquaman, showed up moments before the panel started. We also had Diedrich Bader (Batman), James Tucker (Producer), Michael Jelenic (Producer), Andrea Romano (Voice Director) and Sam Register (Executive Producer) moderating. 

Then came the bad news. This will be the final thirteen episodes of the series. We got to see a live reenactment between "Batman" and "Aquaman" as to how they would take the news. But it wasn't all bad news. 

== TEASER ==  

We were informed that the Music Meister episode is up for an Emmy. Andrea Romano was asked if it was more difficult to work on a musical episode and she said it wasn't. They were lucky to get Neil Patrick Harris to take the role. She also commented on how strange it was to see a German dubbed version of the episode with a German voice actor that sounded just like Neil. Andrea's first exposure to Batman was the Adam West version and she's enjoyed that this series hasn't been as serious as some of the past ones. We've been getting to see a different side of Batman.    

Producer James Tucker said they never make fun of Batman and he doesn't always have to be serious. He related it to the weird 50s stories that people like Grant Morrison have read. Despite the bad news of the series ended, it was announced that Tucker would be working on a new Batman series. He said it would be like the dark Dark Knight and joked, "I think he's going to be a serial killer in the next one."

Producer Michael Jelenic mentioned that we would be seeing more musicals. He and Tucker are both fans of musicals. He joked that the reason they keep doing musicals is because they get residuals.

John DiMaggio was glad that he got to make Aquaman cool again. Why shouldn't Aquaman be cool. In the last version we saw in Justice League of America, he would summon a whale. "Another whale?!?" This Aquaman is more "broad and fun." "They let me go and have fun with him." (We'll have an interview with DiMaggio up later).

No Caption Provided

Once again, Diedrich's kids were at the panel dressed as characters again. Last year they dressed as Marvel characters and this year they dressed as Ra's al Ghul and Black Canary (you'll be able to hear more about his kids and the pronunciation when our interview with Diedrich is posted). 

More good news, we got to watch a complete new episode. It started out with Batman and Robin. We got to see "Rainbow Batman"!! The main episode was (wait for it...) "Emperor Joker" written by Steven Melching and directed by Ben Jones. It starts out with Batman fighting the Ten-Eyed Man along with Bat-Mite (voiced again by Paul Reubens) showing up.  Without giving away too much, I will say that Joker gets Bat-Mite's powers, there is a musical number, Joker has a familiar looking female hench-person and  Batman dies. Oops, too much information there? You'll definitely want to see this episode.

During the Q&A session, Diedrich mentioned that they will be getting two of the biggest Justice League members to show up. They had to get permission from DC to use them. He also hinted that one is masculine and the other is feminine. On the "Batman from Planet X" episode which featured Kevin Conroy, Diedrich mentioned that they couldn't be in the same room when recording. He said it could cause the timestreams to cross and create chaos. He also said he thinks that Kevin is the best Batman.

Andrea brought up how she's cast Batman about twelve times now. Kevin Conroy was the first. Each Batman she's cast has been different and brought a new interpretation. She said she looks for versatility and acting. It doesn't matter how many voices someone can do if they can't act. She can't teach that.

John was asked what he'd give to work on the show again. "This is an 18 and under crowd so I can't say what I'd give...but it would be the left one or the right one."

Ah! It's a grainy image!
     Ah! It's a grainy image!

Next we got to get information on Young Justice. It's a different take and premieres in November. It's all about secrets and lies. It will have a firm part in the DC multiverse set on Earth-16. It's not the Teen Titans or Justice League Unlimited. It's a more realistic approach and will have appearances by Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Captain Marvel and others. Young Justice will be their secret weapon. 

We'll be seeing Dick Grayson Robin who is 13. He has the most experience but won't be the leader. Leadership goes to Aqualad. Geoff Johns gave permission for Aqualad's father to be revealed. It's Black Manta, if you hadn't already guessed. We'll also see Kid Flash (Wally West, age 15), Superboy (age 16 weeks), Miss Martian (16 Martian years) and Artemis (age 15). 

The clip looked amazing. Considering I don't get a chance to sit in many panels at Comic-Con, this was a great one to sit through.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV

Seriosuly? They're ending Brave and the Bold?! 
    UGGH! NOT AGAIN!!
    punchlineLMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By punchlineLMH

Can't wait to see Emperor Joker, can't wait to see the B&B Harley Quinn :D (the comic EJ was AWESOME ;!!!) Also, Andrea is right, the German voice of Neil does sound just like him, its scary xD
    Good luck with the Emmy, the Music Meister deserves it :) !!!!
    F*** that they end the show - I love it :(

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Ha,so thats the Aqualad / Black Manta connection. Yeah pretty much lot of people guessed it before on that topic with the promotional Brightest Day poster.Good news in general, definitely wanna check Young Justice.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

Hate to see the brave and the bold go

Also, I love Dick and Wally, they are at the top of my favorites list but come on, if it was about Young Justice and you have Superboy and Miss Martian there then Tim and Bart should be there.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iLLituracy
    @ARMIV said:
    " Seriosuly? They're ending Brave and the Bold?! UGGH! NOT AGAIN!! "
    That sort of came with the announcement of Young Justice. To my understanding, you can't have two characters contracted to two different shows running at the same time, which is why Batgirl appeared in the Batman as Batman's sidekick because Robin was still appearing in Teen Titans [which was in it's final season, I think]. 

I was hoping this wasn't the case seeing as how Robin only made one cameo in Brave and the Bold, but they're also going to have Red Tornado who frequents the show, Batman himself, Green Arrow, Aquaman and so on, so it'd be kind of hard not to step on toes. 
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @iLLituracy: I thought that too but Batman will be in Young Justice AND has a new series coming.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

Well that sucks I never got to see him team up with Supes

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By Comiclove5

How sad I'll miss Batman Brave and The Bold. Why is Robin younger than everybody else and I am sick of seeing Dick in cartoons over Tim, everybody knows Dick wasn't cool until he become Nightwing. And I definitly don't want to see A Dick-Tim Hybrid.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Primmaster64: He will team with Superman and Wonder Woman. 
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iLLituracy
    @G-Man said:
    " @iLLituracy: I thought that too but Batman will be in Young Justice AND has a new series coming. "
    I thought they would be on at different times. I thought Brave and the Bold would be ending this year and Young Justice would start next.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @johnny spam said:
    " @Primmaster64: He will team with Superman and Wonder Woman.  "
    which episode?
    hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By hpwaz

I watched the trailer for the Young Justice Cartoon, and the producers said it will be not just a YJ cartoon, but a DC Universe Cartoon!! We already see that there's a large Justice League roster, and in the trailer they showed Red Arrow!

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Namor1987

Young Justice sounds good. Well my DVR will be full of Avengers & Young Justice soon. YJ is on CN right
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Captain13

I finally realized why they chose Aqualad over Static. They want all the members of YJ to be sidekicks. 
    Superman - Superboy
    Batman - Robin
    Aquaman -  Aqualad
    Flash - Kid Flash
    Green Arrow - Artemis
    Martian Manhunter -  Miss Martian

That would explain no Secret, Lobo, Ray, Blue Beetle (TT, I know), etc.
    But judging their Justice League line up, we may see 

Wonder Woman - Wonder Girl
    Captain Atom - Bombshell
    Zatara - Zatanna/Zatara II
    Captain Marvel - Mary Marvel/Captain Marvel Jr.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Hunter114

I heard that there may also be a cameo by Roy Harper as both Speedy and Red Arrow, there is also something which would suggest that not all of the Young Justice members survive the first season... Place your bets now!!! 

Edit: Who's inbetween Hawkman and Captain Atom?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

Captain Atom is going to be in Young Justice?!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Captain13
    @Hunter114 said:
    " I heard that there may also be a cameo by Roy Harper as both Speedy and Red Arrow, there is also something which would suggest that not all of the Young Justice members survive the first season... Place your bets now!!! "
    I think Artemis will go if she's not Mia (Speedy) or Cissie (Arrowette).
    They may also kill off Aqualad to make Robin or Superboy the leader.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Kinda disapointed no Lobo. But Young Justice looks great. Brave and Bold had a great run so glad to see it's ending on a high note.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hunter114
    @Nobody:
    Well the Justice League is only supposed to have about 15 members at this point, so it would appear that the "entire" JLA will appear, but they will only be there as mentors. 

Captain Atom (I think ) was in the air force or something like that, plus his powers and abilities may come in useful in the kids' training, there will be a reason why he's there, we just don't know whether it's practical or based on ratings.
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunter114

The IMDB for Young Justice says that Queen Bee (voiced by Marina Sirtis), Vandal Savage (voiced by Miguel Ferrer) and Cat Grant (voiced by Masasa Moyo) will appear, but it does not say in what respect or which episodes. 

It also says that Aqualad will be voiced by Tequan Richmond and Artemis will be voiced by Stephanie Lemelin, with Phil LaMarr (perhaps reprising his role as John Stewart)
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nighthunter

So not everyone survives.....come on Zatara is there, 90% chance he is the one that bites the dust

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Magian

I can't say I'm sad that Batman will finish its course, I mean it was good but not a favorite of mine. I'm excited about the Young Justice show, it looks amazing.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By WW-Fan

that's cool :)
    Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red Rum

The designs for the Young Justice JLA seems to be patterned after the JLA from the DVD "Crisis on Two Earths" (which also starred the Crime Syndicate).

Maybe it's for the best that they end Batman: Brave and Bold to make way for Young Justice... at least they got an Emmy nomination.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25  Edited By The_Martian
    @Hunter114 said:
    " @Nobody: Well the Justice League is only supposed to have about 15 members at this point, so it would appear that the "entire" JLA will appear, but they will only be there as mentors.  Captain Atom (I think ) was in the air force or something like that, plus his powers and abilities may come in useful in the kids' training, there will be a reason why he's there, we just don't know whether it's practical or based on ratings. "
    I'm just excited about it :) Cap Atom is my favorite DC character.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DH69

wtf why do they keep canceling the good toons, yet iron man adventures is getting a 2nd season?!

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Amegashita

What?  No Tim and Bart!?  So we only get one founding member of Young Justice in the cartoon!?  <Initiating fan-boy rage>

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crazy Pan

Why even HAVE a Young Justice show if you're only going to have ONE founding member of the real YJ, not to mention he's even dressed in the incorrect atire... And why in the HELL is Robin 13 in this?! And Dick of all people!? GAAAHHH!!!! *shoots this new cartoon*

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hunter114
    @Nighthunter said:
    "So not everyone survives.....come on Zatara is there, 90% chance he is the one that bites the dust "

That was Zatara? - Why is he on the Justice League... I thought he died before they formed.
    Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Crymsun

Very very sad that Brave and the Bold is leaving.. but I'm excited about Young Justice!!!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Primmaster64

Maybe the final episode of Batman BATB will be with Superman and Wonder Woman.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Darkmount1

Hate to dissappoint you, Hunter 114, but the official confirmation from what I've heard is this:

YJ

Superboy-Nolan North

Robin-Jesse McCartney (WHAT THE?!?!?!?)

Kid Flash-Jason Spizak (no idea who this guys is)

Artemis-Stephanie Lemelin

Miss Martian-Danica McKellar 
    Aqualad-Khary Payton

JLA

Batman-Bruce Greenwood

Green Arrow-Alan Tudyk

Aquaman-Phil LaMarr 
    Captain Marvel-Rob Lowe

Don't know where you got Vandal Savage and Cat grant from, but there's been no confirmation of them. You are right about Queen Bee, however.

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Red Rum
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nighthunter
    @Hunter114 said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    "So not everyone survives.....come on Zatara is there, 90% chance he is the one that bites the dust "
    That was Zatara? - Why is he on the Justice League... I thought he died before they formed. "
    He did, only reason why I can think of them bringing him instead of Zatanna is because he'll eventually die.
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Wow, first Spectacular Spider-man, now this great series? I hope Young Justice last long.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The Average Bear
    Love the way all the adult heroes look in the big line-up panel. Especially Atom and Marvel.
    superlauth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superlauth
    BrianDusel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BrianDusel

WHAT THE ______????  Young Justice will have Dick Grayson as Robin?  Dang it!  They could have at least used Jason or Tim so we could see Dick as Nightwing guest star.  Fudging blankedy blank blank blank!
    JD907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By JD907
    @BrianDusel:
    I know... Putting Dick with the rest of these characters is just bizzare!
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xion

Nooo cant believe Brave and the Bold is being cancelled :(

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Psyker star

I hope this movie comes out well because i dont think it will.

thebeegle88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thebeegle88

wish it were tim and bart

WilliamHenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WilliamHenry

Bummer that the show is ending. I didn't watch much of it, but I did like the few episodes I saw. I love Diedrich Bader as well and would watch him in just about anything.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bestostero

I'm sad about Batman Brave and the Bold but I'm looking forward to Young Justice!  Hopefully it'll last longer......and be good...!!!

magicman620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By magicman620

So Tim Drake won't be Robin in Young Justice?

Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

... Why did they feel a NEED to destroy YJ?! I mean first off, Dick? In Timmy's outfit? Yet Dick? I'm not even gonna go into all the non-YJ chars an the non leadership. Shoulda just called it somethin else insteada ruinin it's good name.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself

I'm kind of upset that they're using Dick instead of Tim but I really like Dick Grayson so I'm torn

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I will admit that I'm a huge fan of Kevin Conroy and Batman:TAS. The Batman (and The Batman Strikes) took time, but it grew on me. Same with this new show. I'm going to be sorry to see it go. I may say the same thing about this Young Justice...just like I did about Teen Titans...I never watched the LSH series...

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aronmorales

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH This is gonna rock so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#50  Edited By fACEmelter88

Johns wanted to do it without a ring? What?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.