Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Christian Bale was the worst possible choice for Batman

• 123 results
    Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He was really good for what he was given.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By silent_bomber

"Worst possible choice" is going way overboard, but the guy never really grew on me.

I also found his bat-voice occasionally distracting.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Nolan's the director. If he had a problem with the way Bale looked he would've told him to bulk up again and had him go on a diet regimine specifically for that purpose, just like he did for the first film. This is pretty much common sense and happens in films all the time. This isn't even the first film that Bale's done it for a film. So blaming Bale for being skinny when the director told him to slim down makes pretty much zero sense. Same with the voice. Nolan has then gone on record stating that the change that Bale made to his voice for the film is part of what chose him to pick Bale for the role. So while you might not like the voice, Nolan disagrees with you and it's what he wanted for the film. Acting as if these are all choices Bale made with no input from anyone else is silly and just constantly comes off as you hating on Bale. Furthermore, there's something called post-production tinkering which was further used to alter Bale's voice after the fact, which also had Nolan as a direct part of it.

Your logic doesn't even make sense and again just borders on hate for Bale. "The votes that Bale got was because of his involvment with Nolan's trilogy, not because people liked Bale". And you know this of course because you've talked to every single person that watched the movie and know what they like or don't like about the film? LOL amazing.

"Heck purist Batman fans like myself have more respect for Adam West than whatever the hell Bale tried to do."

Ah the typical arrogance. "purist" Batman fans are those that dislike Bale and of course since that includes you you're one of said fans lol make a better argument in the future.

I've talked to many, many people over the years including fans of TDK trilogy. I myself am a fan of what Nolan did overall. Bale didn't do the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman justice at all. He was terrible in a great trilogy. The fact that Bale had to audition for the role says it all unlike Ben Affleck who was the ONLY actor Warner Bros approaced for Batman v Superman.

Your reasoning, as I said previously, is terrible and does nothing to address the points I raised. Which i'm not surprised at because they're valid points that don't allow you to logically continue criticizing Bale for something that Nolan had control over.

Ben Affleck was the only person approached for the role of Batman and Bale had to audition for the role, therefore Affleck>Bale? Dumbest argument you've made so far.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well we can only know if he was the worst possible choice if we would have seen the other choices act as Batman !

Then if we compare Bale with previous Batman actors, he is not the worst. Wether he is the best depends on one's likes and tastes. Personaly I prefer the Keaton version.

The think I still don't understand is why was Nolan's trilogy so enhenced. To me has lots of flaws. The only thing I didn't dislike was the choice of actors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
    deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:

I'll never understand how all these people can say Affleck is the best Batman we've ever had.....based off a couple of screenshots and trailers.

Also, Bale was the best live-action Batman ever. Period.

Nope, that honour goes to Keaton by far at the moment. Bale was a retarded imitation of Keaton. Bale is joint worst with Clooney as worst Batman ever. Bale gets to hide behind a great trilogy but he himself was rubbish. Affleck will be much better than Bale. Anyone who's a long time fan of the comics can testify to this.

Based on a few trailers.....sure. You keep telling yourself that XD

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Cavill chews either or Batmen and spits them out....with his pecks.

Batfleck is just as big as Cavill. Oh and Cavill sucks as an actor. Everyone is rooting for Batfleck rather than Superman.

Batfleck is much smaller. Afflecks suit is padded, Cavill's is skin tight. In every photo they are next to each other Affleck is made to look bigger by broadening out his shoulders in his stance. Cavill stands straight and still looks bigger. Also the 3 inch height difference means for Affleck to be bigger or as big he would need 15-20 pounds on Cavill which I doubt he has.

Cavill is a fine actor. He was good in Tudors, Solid in Man from Uncle and played a good Superman and looks to be playing him great again.

Everyone is rooting for Batfleck because he's Batman. Batman is the most popular character. Not cause it's Ben Affleck.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He played the Batman he was intended to play he did great doing that and I love the films.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By arkhamace

Every time i see bale in a movie i just can't see his movie role, only his big ego. Its like if he has a stick. As for affleck i can say that as bruce wayne i like him more than batman in the trailer. The trailer where batman tries to be funny i think its bad made. But the scenes where he is serious i like them more. I think affleck can play that part better. I think bale is the better actor and affleck is only bigger and warner has more experience with him but i don't like bale as a person. I know i don't know anything about him and maybe i would like him but bale has made 3 movies and brought batman back from the grave so that speaks for bale.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: My point wasn't that Bale had more material. You don't read. My point was Keaton was never given enough material to do anything with the character. Keaton's Batman was barely a character. No defining character traits, no real motivation, and oddly inconsistent. There was nothing to like or dislike about Keaton's performance. Well, the "let's get nuts" scene is awful.

Bale brought a lot to his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Whether you like what Bale did with the role or not, is up to you.

The 'Let's Get Nuts' line is one of the most quoted and most loved moments of that movie by Batman fans. Much better than anything Bale did with his throat cancer which no sane person liked lol! And his Bruce Wayne was a piece of wood too. The fact that you have the nerve to have a profile pic of Kevin Conroy's Batman is a bit embarrassing since Conroy also hated on Bale's terrible throat cancer 'Batman' too lol! Bale insisted that his stupid voice was a vital part of his character which makes it so much worse for him to think that Batman should be a retard.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your reasoning, as I said previously, is terrible and does nothing to address the points I raised. Which i'm not surprised at because they're valid points that don't allow you to logically continue criticizing Bale for something that Nolan had control over.

Ben Affleck was the only person approached for the role of Batman and Bale had to audition for the role, therefore Affleck>Bale? Dumbest argument you've made so far.

Warner Bros and Snyder saw Ben Affleck as the perfect, the ONLY choice to play Batman. This only happens when the casting people are inspired by someone's take. Heath Ledger likewise was the only person that Nolan approached for The Joker. That wasn't the case for Bale who had to audition like any regular action. This isn't the main reason why Affleck > Bale, I've laid out the reasons in earlier posts. I'm just providing crucial background. There was a lot of casting auditions for Batman Begins but unfortunately, Bale had been cast over Jake Gyllenhaal. Bale isn't well liked as Michael Keaton was. I'm sure Christopher Nolan has heard the complaints about Bale's throat cancer voiced Batman and judging from interviews, Nolan seems like a reasonable man. I wouldn't be surprised if he regrets casting Bale.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warner Bros and Snyder saw Ben Affleck as the perfect, the ONLY choice to play Batman. This only happens when the casting people are inspired by someone's take. Heath Ledger likewise was the only person that Nolan approached for The Joker. That wasn't the case for Bale who had to audition like any regular action. This isn't the main reason why Affleck > Bale, I've laid out the reasons in earlier posts. I'm just providing crucial background. There was a lot of casting auditions for Batman Begins but unfortunately, Bale had been cast over Jake Gyllenhaal. Bale isn't well liked as Michael Keaton was. I'm sure Christopher Nolan has heard the complaints about Bale's throat cancer voiced Batman and judging from interviews, Nolan seems like a reasonable man. I wouldn't be surprised if he regrets casting Bale.

Except being a better Batman has everything to do with performance and literally nothing to do with how many people were considered for the role besides you.

You can be sure all you want, Nolan has expressed no dissatisfaction with Bale so right now you're just blowing smoke to attempt to justify your arguments against him.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/poll/2012/jul/18/best-batman-poll

http://www.imdb.com/poll/M4ihYDi9rME/results?answer=2&ref_=po_nr

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nerd/2013/08/23/poll-whos-the-best-batman/879/

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/07/23/batman-poll/13046623/

^Four different sites featuring Batman polls, all with Bale in the number one spot as the best actor to perform in the roll. But everybody likes Keaton better right? LMFAO your argument's hilarious.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: hmm can't really argue with an opinion. Hopefully you end up liking Ben is all i can say

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except being a better Batman has everything to do with performance and literally nothing to do with how many people were considered for the role besides you.

You can be sure all you want, Nolan has expressed no dissatisfaction with Bale so right now you're just blowing smoke to attempt to justify your arguments against him.

^Four different sites featuring Batman polls, all with Bale in the number one spot as the best actor to perform in the roll. But everybody likes Keaton better right? LMFAO your argument's hilarious.

Yeah and I've already said that Bale's performances were terrible. Oh and with regards to those polls, a lot of them were made not long after Nolan's movies were released. Quite frankly, with all that hype and anticipation and high profile nature of those movies, Bale should've performed a lot better with the polls. The likes for Bale's Batman in those polls are reflective because of the movies, not because of Christian Bale who was awful. He only gets the goodwill because the movies overall were solid.

Kevin Conroy, practically the official voice for Batman absolitely destroys him here lol:

Loading Video...

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@thearsenal: hmm can't really argue with an opinion. Hopefully you end up liking Ben is all i can say

I'm loving what I've seen from Batfleck so far from the trailers. Just from those few scenes, I already prefer him to Bale. Batman fans like myself who follow the source material such as the comics always hated Bale. Even the general public were apathetic towards his 'performances'. All Bale has are apologists.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the comic book fans' perspective, Christian Bale's version of Batman did not do a lot that make him look like Batman of the comics.

However, Christian Bale's version of Batman is the version of Batman that is closest to real life thus far - more grounded in reality, and much better writing. This is what the mainstream people are attracted to.

People don't care about faithfulness to the comics in general.

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal said:

Yeah and I've already said that Bale's performances were terrible. Oh and with regards to those polls, a lot of them were made not long after Nolan's movies were released. Quite frankly, with all that hype and anticipation and high profile nature of those movies, Bale should've performed a lot better with the polls. The likes for Bale's Batman in those polls are reflective because of the movies, not because of Christian Bale who was awful. He only gets the goodwill because the movies overall were solid.

Kevin Conroy, practically the official voice for Batman absolitely destroys him here lol:

Loading Video...

Yeah ok. Whatever you need to say to keep pushing your silly argument. Because apparently when people are asked who is the best Batman and vote for Bale they're actually voting for the entire movie and not the performance of the character, because that makes sense lol like I said your argument's are laughable. Kevin Conroy's opinion of Bale doesn't mean a single thing and is his personal opinion. Nolan, the guy you seem to like so much, again had zero issue with it and i'll take that over what someone that wasn't involved in the film at all says.

However, Conroy even admits that he thinks Bale's a very good actor and outright states that he was "steered wrong" and that someone who had control should've told him not to use that voice or to change that voice, meaning he's not blaming Bale but Nolan and whoever else had the authority to tell Bale to change his performance. "As actors you have to trust the people on the other side of the camera", "And people criticize him for that", "No one stopped him", "You need a third eye", "Someone should've said stop" LMFAO at no point during that interview does Conroy blame Nolan or imply that the voice is his voice, and the only part of the performance he criticizes is the voice, which is one small part of the performance as a whole. That interview does nothing to aid you except further support what I and others have already said, which is that the voice people complain about so much isn't Bale's fault and that Nolan should've told him to change it if there was an issue. And as I already pointed out, Nolan did the exact opposite and had the voice digitally altered even further! But no, no, no it's all Bale's fault, just like him slimming down for the role is his fault, because an actor's the one who makes all the creative decisions for a film.

You honestly sound like you have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Arsenal

Yeah ok. Whatever you need to say to keep pushing your silly argument. Because apparently when people are asked who is the best Batman and vote for Bale they're actually voting for the entire movie and not the performance of the character, because that makes sense lol like I said your argument's are laughable. Kevin Conroy's opinion of Bale doesn't mean a single thing and is his personal opinion. Nolan, the guy you seem to like so much, again had zero issue with it and i'll take that over what someone that wasn't involved in the film at all says.

However, Conroy even admits that he thinks Bale's a very good actor and outright states that he was "steered wrong" and that someone who had control should've told him not to use that voice or to change that voice, meaning he's not blaming Bale but Nolan and whoever else had the authority to tell Bale to change his performance. "As actors you have to trust the people on the other side of the camera", "And people criticize him for that", "No one stopped him", "You need a third eye", "Someone should've said stop" LMFAO at no point during that interview does Conroy blame Nolan or imply that the voice is his voice, and the only part of the performance he criticizes is the voice, which is one small part of the performance as a whole. That interview does nothing to aid you except further support what I and others have already said, which is that the voice people complain about so much isn't Bale's fault and that Nolan should've told him to change it if there was an issue. And as I already pointed out, Nolan did the exact opposite and had the voice digitally altered even further! But no, no, no it's all Bale's fault, just like him slimming down for the role is his fault, because an actor's the one who makes all the creative decisions for a film.

You honestly sound like you have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

It seems pretty clear to me by now that you're not a proper Batman fan. You think the voice is merely a 'small' part of the Batman performance? The voice is EVERYTHING actually. In fact it's even more vital for the live action actors than the voice actors who do the animated shows and games. Why? Because the only part of an actor that is visible in the Batsuit is the bottom half of the face. That's the part the actor must utilize and Bale messed it up with his stupid enunciations and throat cancer voice.

It's the reason why Kevin Conroy and everyone have called him out for being so terrible. It's the most important part of playing Batman BY FAR. Conroy acknowledges Bale being a 'good Batman' because he's just being incredibly polite. Read between the lines if you can. I'm probably a much bigger fan of Kevin Conroy than you and the fact is that this isn't the first time Conroy's mocked him. He's been asked about Bale's Batman several times in interviews in the past. And the very first thing Conroy's done is LAUGH. Exactly. That's before the interviewer even gets to the voice. There's no real respect there from Conroy to Bale and there shouldn't be because Bale couldn't have messed the role up more.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that you have the nerve to have a profile pic of Kevin Conroy's Batman is a bit embarrassing since Conroy also hated on Bale's terrible throat cancer 'Batman' too lol! Bale insisted that his stupid voice was a vital part of his character which makes it so much worse for him to think that Batman should be a retard.

Oh... oooh. You just take this entire opinion of yours too seriously. I'm so sorry people like things you don't.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh... oooh. You just take this entire opinion of yours too seriously. I'm so sorry people like things you don't.

Well it's an 'opinion' that is rooted in fact. The fact that Bale sounded like a constipated retard Batman and no one of a sane mind liked.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg get ben afflecks sausage out of your mouth

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg get ben afflecks sausage out of your mouth

Kevin Conroy and Michael Keaton are my favorite Batmen thus far. Affleck already looks damn good, I want to see the full movie to see if he can live up to Conroy or at least Keaton as a live action Batman, maybe even surpass them.

For now Affleck is at least better than Bale.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems pretty clear to me by now that you're not a proper Batman fan. You think the voice is merely a 'small' part of the Batman performance? The voice is EVERYTHING actually. In fact it's even more vital for the live action actors than the voice actors who do the animated shows and games. Why? Because the only part of an actor that is visible in the Batsuit is the bottom half of the face. That's the part the actor must utilize and Bale messed it up with his stupid enunciations and throat cancer voice.

It's the reason why Kevin Conroy and everyone have called him out for being so terrible. It's the most important part of playing Batman BY FAR. Conroy acknowledges Bale being a 'good Batman' because he's just being incredibly polite. Read between the lines if you can. I'm probably a much bigger fan of Kevin Conroy than you and the fact is that this isn't the first time Conroy's mocked him. He's been asked about Bale's Batman several times in interviews in the past. And the very first thing Conroy's done is LAUGH. Exactly. That's before the interviewer even gets to the voice. There's no real respect there from Conroy to Bale and there shouldn't be because Bale couldn't have messed the role up more.

LMFAO ok.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this always got to me lol

what happened to just reading and liking a character, without choosing sides of real and fake fans. There are so many versions of each character, it's kind of a slap in the face to be told what you like is wrong...and this is about comics no less...there was a time when you would get chastised for being a grown man or woman reading comics, but now it's gotten to the point where you can read them but if you like a certain version you are wrong.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed his Bruce Wayne

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck isn't massive as Batman dude. That's all suit and lighting. Lol def isn't bigger than Cavill.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

By Afflecks own admission he gained 13 kg for his role as Batman and while he didn't mention the time frame I'm sure he went filming 4-5 months after he was cast.Tom Hardy gained 15 for Bane in 2.5-3 months and it's nothing compared to what Bale gained in less than year for Begins( from Machinist physique).

Are we sure Arsenal aint Zack Snyder? all he's done is compliment Affleck's genetic advantages and the Bat suit. Only Snyder(and Bay) would cast someone based on their looks.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: IIRC, they had a cancelled Batman Triumphant project where Affleck would be Batman and Gwyneth Paltrow would be Catwoman. That was meant to come out in 2000, but because of the poor performance of Batman and Robin, it did not happen. Good to see that he's the new Batman and it's a larger DC Universe.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

this always got to me lol

what happened to just reading and liking a character, without choosing sides of real and fake fans. There are so many versions of each character, it's kind of a slap in the face to be told what you like is wrong...and this is about comics no less...there was a time when you would get chastised for being a grown man or woman reading comics, but now it's gotten to the point where you can read them but if you like a certain version you are wrong.

There is a correct interpretation of how Batman should be. But hey, if you think Batman should act like a throat cancer retard patient or a Batman should have nipples then that's your problem.

Affleck isn't massive as Batman dude. That's all suit and lighting. Lol def isn't bigger than Cavill.

Then you're blind lol! He's by far the biggest Batman to date. He looks like he's just eaten Bale for breakfast. Suit and lighting my ass, have you not seen the pics of Affleck without the Batsuit? Or are you deliberately being obtuse?

By Afflecks own admission he gained 13 kg for his role as Batman and while he didn't mention the time frame I'm sure he went filming 4-5 months after he was cast.Tom Hardy gained 15 for Bane in 2.5-3 months and it's nothing compared to what Bale gained in less than year for Begins( from Machinist physique).

Are we sure Arsenal aint Zack Snyder? all he's done is compliment Affleck's genetic advantages and the Bat suit. Only Snyder(and Bay) would cast someone based on their looks.

I'm not a Snyder fan. I hated Man of Steel for the record. The main reason why I'm interested in BvS is because we're finally going to rid our memories of the awful throat cancer Bale 'Batman'. And Bale only put the effort physically in the first movie. Bale was skinny for the sequels. He was lazy.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SilverPool

@thearsenal: I didn't say he was smaller than the other Batmen. I said he was smaller than Cavill because your claim was ridiculous. I've seen the pictures of him in public and he looks like he hits his traps hard and that's the only impressive aspect of his physique. He's also rocking that invisible lat syndrome. He lacks in a lot of areas that Cavill succeeds in because Cavill's younger (shoulders and chest especially).

Bale was small in Rises, prolly using the excuse that the character retired to quit working out, but you can't seriously say he was skinny in TDK? He was solid. Not to mention his lack of size was Nolan's choice, not his. So don't go sh**ting all over him acting like he was lazy for it. He came to Nolan larger than he was in Begins and Nolan made him cut.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82  Edited By Pokeysteve

He was a terrible Batman because of the fight choreography and s**tty script. Imagine him with some of Keaton's lines from the first movie and he's not so bad. Still prefer Keaton and probably even Kilmer over Bale.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know if I'd go so far as saying he was the worst possible pick for Batman but there were some definite shortcomings he had in the role and despite what the legion of fanboys say he wasn't the greatest thing to ever happen to Batman either. FWIW I still haven't seen a Batman that makes me sit up and say that's Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a terrible Batman because of the fight choreography and s**tty script. Imagine him with some of Keaton's lines from the first movie and he's not so bad. Still prefer Keaton and probably even Kilmer over Bale.

Is this a joke? The scripts for the Burton movies were absolutely awful.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This topic is crazy. Bale is easily the best Batman to date, is an amazing actor and was a great fit for the role.

So no.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: I didn't say he was smaller than the other Batmen. I said he was smaller than Cavill because your claim was ridiculous. I've seen the pictures of him in public and he looks like he hits his traps hard and that's the only impressive aspect of his physique. He's also rocking that invisible lat syndrome. He lacks in a lot of areas that Cavill succeeds in because Cavill's younger (shoulders and chest especially).

Bale was small in Rises, prolly using the excuse that the character retired to quit working out, but you can't seriously say he was skinny in TDK? He was solid. Not to mention his lack of size was Nolan's choice, not his. So don't go sh**ting all over him acting like he was lazy for it. He came to Nolan larger than he was in Begins and Nolan made him cut.

Cavill is a tall guy. Ben's physique is bigger as proportion to his frame than Cavill. Bale was thin in TDK, I'm sorry if your eye sight is that damaged but that's the fact. He was terribly out of shape to be playing Batman in both TDK and TDKR.

The fight choreography was all Bale's fault. Anne Hathaway did amazingly well with her fight scenes as did Tom Hardy. Why couldn't Bale?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal:

You thought Hathaway's and Hardy's fight scenes were good?

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal:

You thought Hathaway's and Hardy's fight scenes were good?

They weren't merely 'good', they were amazing. The scenes where she kicks Bruce Wayne's ass in his Manor, when the cops find her and she escapes, when she fights Bane's goons on that rooftop as well as in the sewer, Anne Hathaway's moves were all PERFECT. The same goes for Tom Hardy. That one scene where Bane destroys that pillar in the 2nd fight is better than anything Christian Bale did in an entire trilogy lol!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Pokeysteve

@thearsenal:

Bane had two big fights and they were pretty much the same thing. Just slugging it out. That rooftop scene has a guy falling over without ever being hit.

That's not Bale's fault. That's crappy stunt work and no rehearsals. You watch the any of the comic shows from either company and you can tell they put a lot of work in to them.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tall, muscular, handsome, blue eyes, strong jaw... doesn't Bruce Wayne look like that ? When we had actor like that to play Bruce Wayne/Batman ? Never !!! And we will never be satisfied with any actor to play Batman ! Thousand people thousand tastes !!!

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal:

Bane had two big fights and they were pretty much the same thing. Just slugging it out. That rooftop scene has a guy falling over without ever being hit.

That's not Bale's fault. That's crappy stunt work and no rehearsals. You watch the any of the comic shows from either company and you can tell they put a lot of work in to them.

Bane wasn't just slugging it, every move of his was a thousand times more intelligent and thought out than Bale's Batman. In both fights Tom Hardy was quicker. Even in the second fight where Batman is supposed to match Bane, Bale still moved sloppily. It was embarrassing to watch. As for that guy falling over, should've been edited out of course. But Nolan otherwise did brilliantly with his fight scenes minus Christian Bale who moved so slow.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dunno, they could've picked Mr. Bean.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You contradict yourself. You love Affleck because of his size in comparison to Bale yet Keaton was about the size of Tobey Spiderman. Lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You contradict yourself. You love Affleck because of his size in comparison to Bale yet Keaton was about the size of Tobey Spiderman. Lol

Even Tobey was toned pretty well,Keaton was literally just an average guy.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

Even Tobey was toned pretty well,Keaton was literally just an average guy.

And by this guys logic West, who was pretty big at 6'2, is a better Batman than Keaton by far

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By infantfinite128

@entropy_aegis: I agree with everything you've said. I hope Ben Affleck is incredible, but you bring up valid criticisms.

Christian Bale did a good job as Bruce/Batman, and as a life-long Batman fan, I was greatful to get such a wonderful actor to play my favorite fictional character. I got the biggest smile on my face when I first heard "Swear to me!" It was the second time I felt like a director and actor captured a comic book character. The first was JK Simmon's J. Jonah Jameson.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Burton's Batman didn't portray itself as being realistic, Nolan's did. I loved Nolan's interpretation overall but Christian Bale was terribly weak due to him looking like a pussy. Heck even though technically Keaton was smaller than Bale, he STILL had a more noticeable presence than Bale ever did. Bale should've bulked up to Affleck's size but he became lazy, that's just a fact.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: Cavill is shorter than Affleck, but nice try troll

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.