Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's replacement?

KevJoge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KevJoge

So I was watching The Big Bang Theory last night and they talked about if Batman were to die (I assume Bruce Wayne) who would be the replacement Batman. Sheldon said DIck Grayson but I forgot the other one's mentioned. I searched but I couldn't find any threads. What do you guys think?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blackadamFTW

Well, Dick Grayson did take over for Batman when he "died".

So the answer is pretty obvious...

KevJoge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KevJoge

@blackadamFTW: During the episode the argument against that was the fact that Robin was already established as Night Wing but I don't know.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RoboShark

I miss the whole 2 Batmen thing.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By htb106

Sheldon is always right, did any of them say Jason or Tim?

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I think the owner of the comic shop argued for Jason taking over the cowl. Which, of course, is absolutely ridiculous. I think the writers of the show simply went to wikipedia and saw that Todd was the second Robin and so assumed he would rise to Batman since Dick is Nightwing. In reality, Tim will be the heir to Batman

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NEEK_03

yes, if batman died today dick would take up the mantle again. however i think they are tryin to carve damian into the roll eventually. jason will never be batman. not even in his dreams.

junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By junkmasterzero

@RoboShark said:

I miss the whole 2 Batmen thing.

Me too.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

No one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cassandra Cain

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By jrock85

No one can replace the Bat.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By SoA

midnighter

Jawshco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jawshco

@r3d_rob1n said:

I think the owner of the comic shop argued for Jason taking over the cowl. Which, of course, is absolutely ridiculous. I think the writers of the show simply went to wikipedia and saw that Todd was the second Robin and so assumed he would rise to Batman since Dick is Nightwing. In reality, Tim will be the heir to Batman

Agreed, it's Tim Drake. He's the only one with the mind like Batman, or perhaps even a detective mind that might be able to surpass Bruce's. Now, physically it's Dick that is better suited right now, but if Tim reached his level he'd be the total package and I don't think he's too far off. Dick was cool in the cowl, but he's better as Nightwing. He just doesn't have the super-intelligence that Bruce and Tim have. Jason Todd isn't someone I would immediately count out, but similar to Azreal his moral compass is a little to twisted to be a true Batman. That being said, an adult Damian Wayne might be pretty hard to beat if he stays on the side of the angels and manages to become more like Tim and less like Jason.

Love Cassandra Cain! Man, the bat-family has seriously awesome depth to it. She is another brutally underused character (along with Stephanie and Tim). Toughest Batgirl ever!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Jawshco: As far a s I'm concerned there was never another batgirl after Cassie

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sunhawk

a half clone created by amanda waller in the future.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Twentyfive

@sunhawk said:

dingdingdingdingding! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmoothJammin

@sunhawk said:

Raises arm*

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By renamed040924

@NEEK_03 said:

yes, if batman died today dick would take up the mantle again. however i think they are tryin to carve damian into the roll eventually. jason will never be batman. not even in his dreams.

lol

@sunhawk said:

Gotta love this guy.

@KevJoge said:

So I was watching The Big Bang Theory last night and they talked about if Batman were to die (I assume Bruce Wayne) who would be the replacement Batman. Sheldon said DIck Grayson but I forgot the other one's mentioned. I searched but I couldn't find any threads. What do you guys think?

Going out on a limb here... Jason Todd. He's the only one who can ever hope to truly save Gotham. Batman is a fool. Crime cannot be stopped. It can only be controlled, and that's why Jason is the true Batfamily hero. Because he's the only one with the will to do what must be done. F*ck Bruce and f*ck dick (ba-dum tss), Jason all the way. #YOLO

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#19  Edited By Queso6p4

@Jawshco said:

@r3d_rob1n said:

Agreed, it's Tim Drake. He's the only one with the mind like Batman, or perhaps even a detective mind that might be able to surpass Bruce's. Now, physically it's Dick that is better suited right now, but if Tim reached his level he'd be the total package and I don't think he's too far off. Dick was cool in the cowl, but he's better as Nightwing. He just doesn't have the super-intelligence that Bruce and Tim have. Jason Todd isn't someone I would immediately count out, but similar to Azreal his moral compass is a little to twisted to be a true Batman. That being said, an adult Damian Wayne might be pretty hard to beat if he stays on the side of the angels and manages to become more like Tim and less like Jason.

Love Cassandra Cain! Man, the bat-family has seriously awesome depth to it. She is another brutally underused character (along with Stephanie and Tim). Toughest Batgirl ever!

I'd have to agree, especially with the Grayson bit. I do miss Cain and Brown as well. I really liked one of the moments she (Cain) and Red Robin shared in the beginning of Red Robin Vol 1 25.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.