Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman titles under DC's new imprints

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

As you might all know DC has announced 2 new graphic novel lines. Ink for young adult GNs and Zoom for school kids. Several hours ago I posted about some of the books that were confirmed on the Superman forums. Now more information has been released and this includes a large line up of Batman books.

For Ink:

BATMAN: GOTHAM HIGH – Melissa de la Cruz

BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER – THE GRAPHIC NOVEL – Marie Lu .Now this has already been released as a young adult novel. Now its being made in to a graphic novel.

For Zoom:

BATMAN TALES: ONCE UPON A CRIME – writer and artist: Derek Fridolfs, Dustin Nguyen

BATMAN: OVERDRIVE – Shea Fontana

Now on to Batman family of characters/team ups.

Ink:

TEEN TITANS – Kami Garcia featuring Dick Grayson as Robin.

UNDER THE MOON: A CATWOMAN TALE – Lauren Myracle

Zoom:

BLACK CANARY: IGNITE – Meg Cabot

DEAR JUSTICE LEAGUE – Michael Northrop

SUPER SONS – Ridley Pearson. I mentioned this on the Superman boards as well.

HARLEY QUINN- Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh

Man DC just hammered Marvel badly with these announcements. Marvel has been trying to reach these target audiences through their mainstream books for years. While I think Young Animal and New Age of heroes will be over by summer 2019 these I definitely believe will succeed.There are other books as well. I wont bother with any of these most likely but this is genius.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Arrow

I am not the target audience for this so I am not going to buy it but It seems to me like a great alternative, to forcing those writers into actual comic books and ruining them.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Yeah, it beats Marvel plucking random bloggers and so called intellectuals to write their mainstream comics.

At least these guys have some experience and DC is trying its best to recreate the medium that suits their strengths.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Eto

Great idea to reach this particular audience. DC wants more customers and therefore they serve more. Good for them.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At least the INK line up sounds like it is targeted at Teen Age Girls, so I'm not really interested. Some of the ZOOM stuff might be fun.

Btw. did anybody read BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER novel? The summary sounds like fan-fic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
    deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really getting it. Are these one-shots or new titles?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Pretty much, Ink as a whole has fan fic written all over it. Zoom atleast could be fun for your cousins, sisters or other kids and even family reading. Ink actually worries me somewhat because I can see those fans going to tumblr and forcing their agenda on DC. It has to be very carefully edited imo

@all-father: Graphic Novels but the ones that succeed could become an OGN series like the Earth One line. If not they'll move to something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.