Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman R.I.P. !?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vrakmul

Companies/People/Nations tend to repeat the mistakes that their rivals/predecessors/allies make

Avatar image for auburncomics_com
    AuburnComics.com

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AuburnComics.com

For almost two years now, I’ve been following Grant Morrison’s run on Batman with great anticipation. I’ve constantly been asking myself, “Why does DC allow him to continue writing?” There have been several times when I have thoroughly enjoyed his stories, and other times (as in the infamous prose issue) when I have been left wanting. Nevertheless, I believe my questions are being answered…

Several months ago, I was at Collector’s Corner flipping though a copy of Previews, and I noticed a Batman cover with these words written above it: BATMAN: R.I.P. What!?!?!?!?!?! Is Batman, my favorite character, about to kick the bucket? Had DC learned nothing from killing Superman or watching the fan upheaval over the recent death of their rival’s Captain America?

Needless to say, I was skeptical of this story arc. I kept thinking, “How could DC do this? What is Morrison doing?”

Then came this issue…and I was amazed…

This particular issue has me intrigued. The emergence of the Black Glove and their desire to see Batman killed will make for several interesting issues in the future. Furthermore, Bruce Wayne’s full disclosure of his secrets to his new woman could lead to some potential big problems as well. Furthermore, is she connected to the Black Glove? Is the Black Glove aware of Batman’s true identity? This issue leads to these questions and others. Finally, how is the Joker involved in this plot to kill his long time enemy? I’m not sure because the last few pages, as is frequent in Morrison’s books, left me confused, yet intrigued.

Although I initially wanted to avoid this story arc, I am now greatly anticipating the next issue…If you do not currently read Batman, then I urge you to begin now. From what I understand, DC is authorizing a second printing of this issue for all of you who neglected to get it.I strongly urge you to read this…you won’t be disappointed.

-N

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.