Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Inc. 8 Discussion (Spoilers)

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joelislegend

Just finished reading the issue. What are your thoughts? I enjoyed it. Really liked that at the end it was Dick that stood by Robin was fun seeing them as partners a last time. Damian's death was well done and the last page with Talia crying amd Batman holding Robin almost made me cry but I get the sense that it isn't the end. 3 issues left and Batman Inc is finally living up to it's name.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's a shame that Damian has to die, since he's the best Robin, but at the same time, I'm glad it was Morrison who killed him, giving him a noble death, rather than the usual character-desecration that happens in comics in the modern era.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xblah_blahx

That's why Batman shouldn't have children as side kicks. I never really understood why he does that. If he needs a partner for the Batman and Robin books, at least give him someone around 18ish.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joelislegend

I was thinking about this in the car on my way to work and the only way I see this series ending is Bruce stepping down as Batman and swearing it's all over like we saw in Inc 1.

If you look at the covers of the new Batman book where we only see Bruce Wayne on the cover it actually makes sense.

I want Damian's death to RUIN Batman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

I found this very underwhelming.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

Damian died?Damn.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Joelislegend: No I disagree. it was a crap ending. Absolutely not the heroic ending that Damian deserved.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colonyofcells

kid sidekicks are already obsolete so maybe it is time to finally retire the batman and robin comic.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joelislegend

@entropy_aegis said:

It felt like it was missing 2 pages. I think every issue of INC feels that way as if Morrison was cramming too much stuff into too little pages.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eeshaan1685

I dunno why, but I have never felt the death of a Comic book character this much, EVER.

Maybe it's the fact that it was a 10 year old child getting brutally murdered and his father is just gonna let it go, like he usually does, that really hits a nerve...

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By selinaky

I loved the scene between Dick and Damian, those two are a great team.

Very sad for Damian... killed by his own mother. I'm really sad he was killed off, and I don't think his death did him much justice.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By consolemaster001

It was...Damn !

Mini_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mini_Bat

@Selinaky said:

I loved the scene between Dick and Damian, those two are a great team.

Very sad for Damian... killed by his own mother. I'm really sad he was killed off, and I don't think his death did him much justice.

This and I don't see how that was an heroic death, it was just a violent and ended in a way that after you got over the shock (if you had any seen the ending was out everywhere) you look at the pages and ask "That it?" Grant whole run was for this? What a waste of a good character. Thalia has become a one dimensional character, Death in the Family's fallout is pointless now, and now we have to deal with grief driving Batman again. This going to be a fun couple of months for Batman and Robin fans

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mhanuroth

I want what batman is going to do next how all this finishes

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

I don't like Morrison!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Joelislegend said:

@entropy_aegis said:

It felt like it was missing 2 pages. I think every issue of INC feels that way as if Morrison was cramming too much stuff into too little pages.

Yeah, I'm on the fence about this issue. I really wanted to love it but... I don't know.

IX_Prophet_IX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IX_Prophet_IX

Is batman inc. canon? Does this mean that damian will die in the Batman in robin series too?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By JakeN7

@IX_Prophet_IX said:

Is batman inc. canon?

Yes.

Does this mean that damian will die in the Batman in robin series too?

No. Damian's already dead. If you're wondering how his death will affect Batman and Robin, check out this interview with Pete Tomasi, the author of Batman and Robin.

germandinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By germandinner

I liked this issue quite a bit. Probably not the best thing Morrison's ever written, but it sure did pack an emotional punch, at least for me personally.

I don't think Damian's dead, though. For one, the issue is called The Boy Wonder Returns. Sort of reminds me of The Dark Knight Returns... where it looked like Batman died, but he didn't.

I have this theory for how he survived... but it's kind of wacky and it probably doesn't work, because I haven't examined continuity close enough. Basically, the "Heretic" is future Damian, not Damian's clone. Future Damian planned with young Damian behind the scenes to fake young Damian's death. The major reason why I think the Heretic is future Damian, not Damian's clone, is because Damian's clone said *tt* right when he "killed" Damian. It's sort of Damian's catchphrase, and I don't see how Damian's clone would really pick it up, having had a relatively separate life from Damian. Now, there's the possibility that the clone was simply mocking Damian when doing this, which certainly is a possibility. But yeah, between the title and the little hint that there's the possibility that the Heretic is Damian's future self, not his clone, I think Damian faked his death, somehow. And he would do it basically to make Talia shed that hint of weakness Batman needs to defeat her, or perhaps, to get her to simply stop her attack on Batman and Gotham. Akin to how a son or daughter committing suicide can bring two otherwise-always-fighting parents together once again. Morrison's being smart with this, though. He's not going to have Batman and Talia come together suddenly. But we have a few more issues left. Morrison's making it seem like the fight between Talia and Batman is still going to go on, but, as we saw on the last page of this issue, Talia did cry at Damian's death. The seed is there, and at the last minute, Damian's death is going to be key to Gotham and Batman being saved, one way or the other. Meanwhile, Damian's going to have to be out of the picture for a while for everything to work. I'm probably looking into this way too much, but it's a theory, I suppose. And I like I said, I haven't really researched continuity too much to double check my facts here, so if there's anything that would contradict this, hey, I'm human. Just putting this out there. Morrison's done crazier things.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NathanXplosion

I'm I the only one who thought Damian's death felt kind of flat? Maybe its because I started reading DC comics with the New 52, so most of what has been happening in Batman Inc. has been going over my head.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joelislegend

Here is a summary of Ressurection of Ras Al Ghul...

his arrogance contributes to the brazen move to Gotham and a subsequent ninja attack on Batman, which indirectly leads to the discovery of a map of all the known Lazarus Pit locations across the globe. Batman then infiltrates Ra's al Ghul's new Gotham penthouse headquarters and easily defeats his horde of ninjas and Ra's himself.

Grant Morrison says every details and story counts. With that logic, Batman has the location of at least one Lazarus Pit and will not leave his only son dead. He will be dead for... 2 months... tops.

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jodez

Lazarus pit will be the answer for when they do bring him back but that won't be for at least a few months

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrison>>>Synder

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.