Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Inc. 5 ?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By consolemaster001

Ok, i just read batman incorparated 5 and i have a few questions

1. When did joker turn gotham into racoon city ?

2. Was that really barbara gordon ?

3. Who was that smiling man who advised the president to nuke gotham ?

4. What does "batman is dead, long live the new batman" mean ? (I know it's based on coldplay lyrics "the king is dead long live the new king."

I started this series at issue 4 but i don't want to go back and read 1,2 and 3. If any of you can help out it'd be fantastic.

King001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King001

This issue is like a futuristic issue, like batman beyond, but Morrison's version. This actually started pre-52 in Batman #666 and #700. So this issue is just a dream (vision) Batman had of what would happen if Damien kept going on this mission with Batman. He was just retelling the dream to Damien. This is why it feels like you just got thrown into the middle of a movie; because, this goes back to the pre-52 days. Yes, that's Barbara (even though its not official, i read batman Inc as a continuation to the pre-52 days. It just makes more sense which would explain why Barbara is still in the chair.). this is just a whole new "what-if" universe like Batman Beyond. So, there is no need for you to go back and read the last issues. You didn't miss anything involving issue #4 or 5. But if you liked this take on the future where Damien takes over the cowl, i suggest you read Batman #666 and #700 for fun.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FatihBATMAN

so in reality issue #5 is just like a "side story" ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.