Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman fans are among the more intelligent fanbase

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Intelligent is subjective

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@realitywarper: So far there's nothing to suggest insults as of yet but I'll just wait and see.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dernman said:

@nickthedevil said:

The number of Bat-wank haters far surpasses the Bat-wankers themselves. Even then, Bat-wanker =/= Batfan. The joke in itself is more popular.

Thank you for not saying Bat hater. It's been working a nerve.

Elaborate.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@nickthedevil said:

The number of Bat-wank haters far surpasses the Bat-wankers themselves. Even then, Bat-wanker =/= Batfan. The joke in itself is more popular.

Elaborate.

Recently there has been an increase of calling anyone being critical of things like what they perceive as wank as being a Batman hater. I appreciated seeing someone able too separate disliking wank from disliking the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a time when I didn't like Batman that much, mostly because of his fanboys.

Then I actually read some Batman stories.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@batgirlcc: Why get upset about it?

Thats not everyone. Its because of the fact tht alot of Batman fanboys won't admit that Batman would lose to characters like Thor or Hulk ect...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@nickthedevil said:

@dernman said:

@nickthedevil said:

Elaborate.

Recently there has been an increase of calling anyone being critical of things like what they perceive as wank as being a Batman hater. I appreciated seeing someone able too separate disliking wank from disliking the character.

Ah. I'm right there with you. Huge fan of Batman, you've even seen my Batman half-sleeve, lol. Yet, I hate the hype he gets, the punches to Superman, the beating on the JLA, the punking of Darkseid. It does get to be a little too much, even on Batman fans.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#60  Edited By Outside_85

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Darling_Luna

K

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatgirlCC this thread proves that Batfans ARE least intelligent. lol

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep said:

My threads proves that i am the least intelligent troll and will quit life. lol

FIXED!!!!

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By regiebravo

Deadpool and DBZ have the worst fanbase. Actually, Marvel in general does.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@realitywarper: Oops. My fault, I forgot it was this thread. When I read your reply the thread showed it had only 1 page. My immediate thoughts were a new thread. Sorry for the troubles.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatgirlCC this thread proves that Batfans ARE least intelligent. lol

troll

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DarthVxder

The general batfans are pretty stupid but the knowledgeable batfans are nice to debate with.

Like seriously why would anyone thing Superman could ever lose to Batman? Even with prep its impossible unless PIS is in there.

*leaves thread with a grin*

Retroactive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

lmao. Considering it's the fanbase with the answer to every victory as 'Because he's Batman'

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@retroactive said:

@saint_wildcard said:

lmao. Considering it's the fanbase with the answer to every victory as 'Because he's Batman'

lmao people who answer with "Because he's Batman" aren't being serious did you not know that? Or do you also think people who say Chuck Norris has another fist underneath his beard are serious too?

Avatar image for left_my_heart_in_san_franchees
    Left_My_Heart_In_San_Francheesie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retroactive said:

@saint_wildcard said:

lmao people who answer with "Because he's Batman" aren't being serious did you not know that? Or do you also think people who say Chuck Norris has another fist underneath his beard are serious too?

Serious or not its a stupid statement and I rue the day it and Chuck Norris jokes came into being. Both are spot on examples of the stupidity mankind is capable of.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By MasterKungFu

it's funny how batman can't get away with such but everyone else can

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: Oops. My fault, I forgot it was this thread. When I read your reply the thread showed it had only 1 page. My immediate thoughts were a new thread. Sorry for the troubles.

HAHAHA :D

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

This thread is dumb. Im a Batman fan myself, and i don't really care what some idiots on the internet say. It's not like every batman fan is open-minded, intelligent and clevver. There are some dumb fans, fanboys, clevver people, smart people it all depends. You can't say that EVERY fan of a superhero is intelligent or every fan of another superhero is dumb. Saying that is dumb.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By flashback0180

Lol I was arguing with a guy who said batman can defeat all the masters of ryozanpaku (HSDK).

Who all coul spite stomp slade in their sleep, one of them tanked a nuke like nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@batgirlcc:

People saying Batman wins because "He is the Batman" or "He is the Godam Batman". Plus BatGod arguent. Where Batman has little knowlege about supernatural and magic issues.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am too modest to say that we batfans are the most intelligent, but I'm positively furious when some schmuck had the audacity to make this poll: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/least-intelligent-fanbase-1628752/

What pissed me even more is that even more people voted for Batman's fanbase as the least intelligent fanbase, just next to DBZ.

Come'on. Even if us batfans isn't the brightest fanbase in the world, we're not the idiots you guys like to make us out to be. We like to think of creative scenarios where our heroes and heroines come up on top in fights and situations, and you think that makes us stupid?

I totally agree, though a few fans can sometimes ruin one characters reputation.

Also, i like your nick and your avatar xD

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

I'd say a majority of Batman's fanbase is trash. No issue with the character, but ever since he's gotten more popular, his fanbase has gone down the drain. The fact that you had to make this thread makes the fanbase looks worse. Now I'm not saying all of his fans are awful, but now that he's extremely popular, Batman's fanbase has gotten a lot more awful.

Also, is this an alt of yours?

He/She probably won't respond to that, because he/she will be confused with the question, lol.

I'm the user with you were debating in the Lady Shiva vs Snake thread, and in the Batgirl vs Big Boss and Snake threads...he/she i don't know, but i like his prefferences xD

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this includes to be academically smart...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's more people who hate batman fans than actual batman fanboys.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Bat-fans are some of the most self-important and delusional....

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that people discount everything he does as unrealistic for Comic book land should make a lot of people borderline retarded.

It just seems that the comic book that gets the most awards and acclaim should not be hated for having so many fans that like coherent story, consistent world building, and envelope pushing content.

And if Batman did not make so many heavy hitters look like idiots, those same characters would not have a year-long boost in sales.

If Batman $#!+s all over heavy hitters regularly, the feats should eventually count. Especially since those seen to be the only issues that most fans of DC buy in large quantities.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
    DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

Considering that people discount everything he does as unrealistic for Comic book land should make a lot of people borderline retarded.

It just seems that the comic book that gets the most awards and acclaim should not be hated for having so many fans that like coherent story, consistent world building, and envelope pushing content.

And if Batman did not make so many heavy hitters look like idiots, those same characters would not have a year-long boost in sales.

If Batman $#!+s all over heavy hitters regularly, the feats should eventually count. Especially since those seen to be the only issues that most fans of DC buy in large quantities.

I agree with this kinda.. A lot of newcomers to comics kinda start out by examining the superheroes fighting each others fisrt before buying comics about a single character.

Many people bough Hush just to see the two page spread of Batman punching Superman. The same might go with Batman and Robin 37 as well.

It's kind of a way for DC to make extra money.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Oh? The notion that Batman fans are open-minded people is laughable? I don't see any other fanbase coming up with creative strategies to take down opponents in VS fights.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This thread is pretty much what I expected, still entertaining as hell though.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. said:

No Caption Provided

I'd say a majority of Batman's fanbase is trash. No issue with the character, but ever since he's gotten more popular, his fanbase has gone down the drain. The fact that you had to make this thread makes the fanbase looks worse. Now I'm not saying all of his fans are awful, but now that he's extremely popular, Batman's fanbase has gotten a lot more awful.

Also, is this an alt of yours?

said:

No Caption Provided

said:

I know Bat-fans are some of the most self-important and delusional....

said:

:

People saying Batman wins because "He is the Batman" or "He is the Godam Batman". Plus BatGod arguent. Where Batman has little knowlege about supernatural and magic issues.

said:

said:

Creativity has a limit and can be seen as character wank- I remember Wenjun Chew coming up with an argument for how Batman beats a bloodlusted Flash with a 10 foot starting distance. Come on.

Speak for yourself dude lol. I put all Batfans in the same box. Sad, but true. I never came across a Batfan that was reasonable and not obnoxious. I used to think I hated the character, but I was wrong. It's the fanbase that I hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably a result of some angry people still having their jimmies rustled after Batman fought the Justice League in Endgame.

@dbvse7 said:

If so.. why do you fans need all these threads about him, his so called "haters" and his prep to prove it?

Trust me.. Batman fans can be the most cocky and arrogant fanboys on CV. The so called "haters" are proof of it.

The fans are what make It worse. The batman hate on CV is because of this type of silly bs.

You know if you don't like Batman you could simply not reply to threads about him.

Behold, the voice of reason!

I just love how Wenjun Chew has become the sole representative of all Batman fans,that's fine by me but while we're at it what about Klandicar and his Thanos wankery? I guess all Thanos fans are dumbasses.

@johnny_blaze said:

@blade_r: Speak for yourself dude lol. I put all Batfans in the same box. Sad, but true. I never came across a Batfan that was reasonable and not obnoxious. I used to think I hated the character, but I was wrong. It's the fanbase that I hate.

You go around hating the character and low balling him every time you get an opportunity,what do you expect his fanbase to do? every time Batman gets a book,movie,game or any other form of spot light you're the first in line to complain, you diss on his fans,his supporting character(Damian),go for some introspection.

Omg, it's a miracle! Another perfectly logical/rational human being.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

No one ever says that as a legitimate argument. It is a joke.

Retroactive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retroactive said:

@saint_wildcard said:

No one ever says that as a legitimate argument. It is a joke.

So was my statement.

Ooooh incepted 0_0 merry christmas

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight up comic book fans in general are pretty awful.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#94 frozen  Moderator

We must include Arrow fans as Batman fans in disguise.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. said:

No Caption Provided

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I thought everybody was serious about that Chew guy up until now, like he was someone people used to respect around here lol.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nobody said that they were stupid. They're just...."misguided". But seriously, that thread was probably made just to rustle some jimmies

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

...Who said DBZ fans are unintelligent? Cause honestly, I'd say it's a pretty smart fanbase. Comic fans have a hard time dealing with DBZ fans though, and since this is ComicVine guess which group gets thrown under the bus whether or not they did anything.

Yeah. I'm guessing that its a bandwagon effect. The ones who hate DBZ and Batman are usually the masses who doesn't know anything about the franchise. Obviously since the experts for DBZ and Batman are in the minority, their voices get drowned out amongst the angry spiel.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#99  Edited By Project_Worm

Right, because saying "Batman wins because he's Batman" takes alot of intelligence.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I thought everybody was serious about that Chew guy up until now, like he was someone people used to respect around here lol.

No one was being serious. But apparently he has a tendency for starting flame wars, whether intentional or not, especially with Batman haters. This attracted the attentions of the Batman "fanboys" who joined in the bandwagon.

Right, because saying "Batman wins because he's Batman" takes alot of intelligence.

Eh, like someone above said, nobody serious ever said that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.