Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman End Game Part 2 Discussion..

• 96 results
    Avatar image for digitalshooter9
    DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DigitalShooter9

Soooo.... Superman fanboys... After reading this issue , do you still believe Batman has no chance in hell against Superman? Just wondering....

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you miss the part where Batman himself says neither of them win?

It was metaphorical, of course, but he's right. Whoever wins, they both lose.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ariesxmasters

Haha I just read it and can say I like it. That twist at the end was kind of unexpected to me but pretty cool none the less.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He still doesn't. None of the Justice League was fighting at their best, and Batman even said himself.

This new suit is nothing different than Lex Luthor's, which can be argued is much better than Bruce's. Superman, written correctly, could melt Batman out of that suit and throw him into the sun before he knew the fight even started.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

Did you miss the part where Batman himself says neither of them win?

It was metaphorical, of course, but he's right. Whoever wins, they both lose.

Even if that is the case, some Superman fanboys can never accept Batman can stalemate Superman let alone defeat him.

But Bruce did have him captured in the end so I don't really see it as a stalemate.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

njarnell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is batman smart enough to stop the justice league, but still gets outsmarted by the Joker???

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njarnell said:

How is batman smart enough to stop the justice league, but still gets outsmarted by the Joker???

I agree or The Court of Owls.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By righteous300

@njarnell: joker is too unpredictable. Batman has been fighting with the league for a while now so he knows how they fight, what they do in certain situations and how they think in fight situations

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: heat vision doesn't work on the suit.

Full power heat vision? That's complete;ly different than his average heat vision.

njarnell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Joker just incapacitate all the main members of the justice league?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Superman was about to rip Bruce's head off. The only reason he lived is because the toxin made Superman ask Batman to "beg".

Superman kicked Bruce's ass.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms said:

Full power heat vision? That's complete;ly different than his average heat vision.

Thats all speculation on your part...

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njarnell said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Joker just incapacitate all the main members of the justice league?

Yup.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@mrtummytumms said:

No, it isn't.

This suit would never stand up to that kind of heat. It's been as hot as stars before when he cuts loose, and even used it to counteract absolute zero. Nothing on earth has that kind of heat resistance.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say Batman beat Supes. But we sure can say that the Joker did.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@digitalshooter9: Superman was about to rip Bruce's head off. The only reason he lived is because the toxin made Superman ask Batman to "beg".

Superman kicked Bruce's ass.

Nope. Bruce spitted some chemical at him and incapacitated him. Superman certainly did not "kick his ass".

Besides the only reason Superman could even get through his suit was because Bruce somehow "forgot" joker was controlling Clark and go tricked by a falling building.

Nothing Superman had did squat to him, heat visions were countered by the shield and the red sun knuckles gave Bruce the advantage in CQC.

Besides., you know Bruce also held back and gave Superman a lot of opportunities to fight through the mind control. Asking Batman to "beg" on Superman's behalf isn't much at all.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ariesxmasters
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is for anyone who wants to see the fight.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@mrtummytumms said:

No, it isn't.

This suit would never stand up to that kind of heat. It's been as hot as stars before when he cuts loose, and even used it to counteract absolute zero. Nothing on earth has that kind of heat resistance.

You're still speculating.

The shields countered the Heat Vision without any problems.. You can't just say they wouldn't have counter it if they were at full power without speculating..

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@mrtummytumms said:

No, it isn't.

You're still speculating.

The shields countered the Heat Vision without any problems.. You can't just say they wouldn't have counter it if they were at full power without speculating..

And you're speculating that they weren't.

When we very well all know that none of the JL were fighting at their best. That, is not speculation.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ariesxmasters
    nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Superman was going to kill Bruce. He was literally about to shove his hand through Bruce's face.

What stopped him? The toxin forced him to ask Bruce to beg. Otherwise Bruce would be dead.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@digitalshooter9: Superman was going to kill Bruce. He was literally about to shove his hand through Bruce's face.

What stopped him? The toxin forced him to ask Bruce to beg. Otherwise Bruce would be dead.

What stopped him was the kryptonite gum bruce spitted at him as a last moment resort.

So no.. Either way Bruce wouldn't have been dead..

And don't forget if none of them were to hold back Bruce could have just finished Clark off when he was punching him with the red sun knuckles in the wreckage of the museum, but instead he threw him outside to try to talk him out of the effect of the toxin. but ended up getting sucker punched by a building collapsing on him.

Batman getting caught off guard didn't even make sense but it's ok for the sake of plot.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was stated in batman 35 that wonder woman was moving a bit slower in her movements compared to her normal. Same would apply to superman. Not to mention they would be less tactical due to being insane and seemed to be toying with Bruce due to his insanity (asking him to beg). If Clark wasn't forced to make batman beg when he was holding him batman would have lost. All superman would have had to do is apply is planet lifting strength and squeeze batman a little bit and he would have killed batman. Unless someone wants to argue that batman can out react superman and spit kryptonite gum before superman starts applying his grip, blasts batman with heat vision or whatever.

Its a good feat for batman but I still don't think it proves he can beat a 100% superman to be honest. I would say this showing reinforces batman losing a majority to superman even.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

What stopped him was the kryptonite gum bruce spitted at him as a last moment resort.

So no.. Either way Bruce wouldn't have been dead..

And don't forget if none of them were to hold back Bruce could have just finished Clark off when he was punching him with the red sun knuckles in the wreckage of the museum, but instead he threw him outside to try to talk him out of the effect of the toxin. but ended up getting sucker punched by a building collapsing on him.

Batman getting caught off guard didn't even make sense but it's ok for the sake of plot.

Clark was still using the "red giants" after he punched superman and no he wouldn't have finished him. Thats your speculation. And Bruce himself even said he was trying to beat the hell out of superman. As for the building being a sucker punch how? Is there a rule that the environment isn't allowed to be used in a fight?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Bruce was saved by the generousity of Joker. Otherwise, he was going to die. He wasted time chewing that gun, precious time that thanks to Joker, Superman didn't oblierate him.

Superman was not going to get killed by Red Sun Gauntlets, lmao. Bruce even says that normally, the Gauntlets would just hold him off. As Superman was in the issue, the suit wasn't going to do jack. BATMAN SAYS THIS HIMSELF. Pay attention.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What is this fail?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

Superman was not going to get killed by Red Sun Gauntlets, lmao. Bruce even says that normally, the Gauntlets would just hold him off. As Superman was in the issue, the suit wasn't going to do jack. BATMAN SAYS THIS HIMSELF. Pay attention.

When did he say that?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

He beat him with gum.......Scott Snyder lost all respect I had for him as a writer.

The one good thing I can say about this- Greg Capullo draws a great Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jashro44 said:

It was stated in batman 35 that wonder woman was moving a bit slower in her movements compared to her normal. Same would apply to superman. Not to mention they would be less tactical due to being insane and seemed to be toying with Bruce due to his insanity (asking him to beg). If Clark wasn't forced to make batman beg when he was holding him batman would have lost. All superman would have had to do is apply is planet lifting strength and squeeze batman a little bit and he would have killed batman. Unless someone wants to argue that batman can out react superman and spit kryptonite gum before superman starts applying his grip, blasts batman with heat vision or whatever.

Its a good feat for batman but I still don't think it proves he can beat a 100% superman to be honest. I would say this showing reinforces batman losing a majority to superman even.

100% this. Thanks to the scans posted above, it categorically shows that Batman would have a minuscule chance of beating a 100% Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I wonder how this suit would do against bleeding edge.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also to add the justice buster was basically decommissioned when Clark blasted heat vision and 3 buildings fell on Bruce....I would argue that if Joker didn't want batman to beg (knowing Joker he probably has some bigger scheme planned and didn't want batman to die) its safe to say the first haymaker bruce landed in batman 35 would have obliterated the suit.....Unless you want to argue 3 buildings falling on batman>>>>supermans punches....

And batman admitted the only reason he could have a chance was because of supermans moral limitations.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I wonder how this suit would do against bleeding edge.

I think it would lose. The suit is designed to exploit the weaknesses of the league. Unless the electromagnetic nerve tree can stop iron man (since cyborg is similar to iron man but much less powerful) but we never saw that on panel unless I am forgetting something.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashro44

@papinacho said:

@jashro44: Suit wasn't destroyed by the building. The building was a distraction for Superman to destroy the gauntlets and then, rip the suit appart.

It doesn't look like it can move to me. Regardless it still took damage and superman can do a lot worst. Either way it should prove that if superman wasn't told to ask batman to beg he would have one shotted the suit.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That's a heavy dose of speculation.

What is? That superman can hit harder than 3 collapsing buildings? The suit took damage from the buildings. It doesn't matter if it could have gotten back up or not. Its clear that supermans best hit would have demolished the suit.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized after reading this issue, Batman is a pretty cool dude.

lol, my opinion on Batman has always fluctuated, sometimes I hate him for being a dick against others, but the new 52 has made him nicer. lol

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Just reread it, I was thinking of when he said "The knuckles will do the trick" which I mistook for something else.

Regardless, I doubt the Red Sun Gauntlets could kill Superman.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@_mongul said:

@jashro44: Just reread it, I was thinking of when he said "The knuckles will do the trick" which I mistook for something else.

Regardless, I doubt the Red Sun Gauntlets could kill Superman.

I can agree with that.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Haven't gotten 36 yet. All I can say, if it's garnering this much debate, it's a great issue. makes sense as 35 was a great issue.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nickthedevil

@sog7dc said:

Greg Capullo draws a great Superman.

Seconded. I'd have much rathered he was on Superman than anyone else yet.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why this discussion is still going on. The book made the answer clear. No one wins.

No Caption Provided

I completely agree. Plus they're best friends and would never have a reason to fight seriously against one another ,that and even Batman stated No matter who wins they both lose. I like both them so I could care less who would win whether Batman Kryptonite stabs him or Superman punches Batman's head off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.