Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman & Detective Comics Rebirth Discussion Thread

• 59 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@lvenger: There's the Bane arc too. It really boils down to Snyder really.

Agreed on Nightwing, that was a huge development.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@lvenger: @entropy_aegis: I'm pretty sure that Damian will return to the bat-books on the next summer for "Metal" (Batman and Detective Comics were already confirmed to be appart of the cross-over) and play a role, not sure if he will stay around after that though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Lvenger

@bat_girl_cc: I wouldn't be so sure, Snyder doesn't like writing him. One of the other writers may use him but he won't be used in the main event I bet. Right now Damian is branching out outside of the Bat Family.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@lvenger: I like that though, Bat people not just in Gotham. Also, Im anticipating the time when Starfire takes the reigns for Damian, because let's face it, that kid, although bright, is in now way shape or form fit to lead. He's a little psycho. It's why I like him, but he shouldn't be leading. Seriously though, I think it would be a real growth opportunity for him to learn to take orders from others (not just his dad) and learn to actually communicate and listen to others. It took his date 60+ years, hopefully Damian does it in less time. And yeah, I don't think Damian's going to be a big part of the event. Duke will. And I'm holding my judgement on Duke until his story's done. Every Bat character at one point was new and awkward, so I'm willing to give Snyder a chance here. As long as Duke isn't brought up at the expense of others.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

By the way, it was just announced that Kyle Higgins will be writing a new Nightwing mini-series called The New World Order. It's going to be set in the future and Dick will be leading a government organization called the Crusaders that is hunting down superhumans.

http://screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/

From what I am seeing and reading about it I have to say it looks really, really bad. Like it's still an alternate future story but Higgins, being a guy whose favorite character is Dick, it's really odd to write a story like this one.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@tdk_1997: Looking forward to it, maybe Higgins will be finally find freedom from Snyder's shadow that I personally attribute to his run being so bad.

LOS arc in Tec was awful, I thought about writing a post about it now that its complete but it was so bad that I just cant even find one good thing to make the post as balanced as possible. It just ended with vague teases for the future.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@entropy_aegis: I am looking forward to it as well but I have a bad feeling that it will suck.

I still haven't read the issue, was it as bad as the previous ones?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Man Detective comics was terrible but at least I found a small satisfaction in how it ended. Ra's just shooting Shiva and ending her threat was very funny. It makes you wonder why didn't he just do that on the first place or had her killed in any other hundred ways that don't involve close quarters combat. Shiva is just a martial artist, he should be able to do that.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man Detective comics was terrible but at least I found a small satisfaction in how it ended. Ra's just shooting Shiva and ending her threat was very funny. It makes you wonder why didn't he just do that on the first place or had her killed in any other hundred ways that don't involve close quarters combat. Shiva is just a martial artist, he should be able to do that.

Detective Comics was great! let me guess: the Lady Shiva dominated Batman easly again moment was that what ruined the issue for you?...i'm a Batman fan myself and i can live with that, its not like it hurts his character to get overwhelmed by that specific opponent in close-combat...from this issue i liked that Cass managed to overwhelm Lady Shiva even without resorting to lethal-strikes which was what she was primarily trained to do, i thought that was pretty cool...plus, Shiva herself seemed to not be going all out she was talking alot while fighting and she didn't seemed angry one bit, she wasnt: "i'm so gonna kill ya all" at all...i think that there's more to it, than what it was shown on the surface, also did you caught that moment when Shiva calls Cass and whispers something on her ear that can't be seen by the reader and then Cass starts acting strange? i think that Tynion is preparing for something really good regarding Cass and Shiva in the future, and i trust him, the guy is a genius.

Why didn't Ra's just shot Shiva before? well, i don't know, let me think...maybe because he already tried to set up a trap for her including calling in a entire strike-team with dozens of colony agents all trained to be as capable combatants as Batman and all armed with guns, and they all got taken down in 10 seconds...Ra's toke out Shiva in the end like that because 1) she wasn't focusing on him but on Cass 2) she had been technicaly beaten by Cass at that point 3) she was not longer in combat-mode, she was already calm and in chatty-mode with her daughter :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.