Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Detective comics discussion thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@scott_summers52: To me Damian is a Batman character until he stops being Robin. Robin is not a solo hero, he or she is always Batman's sidekick

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By ZariusII

SDCC 2017: DC's Thursday Press Breakfast

Tom King says the Batman/Catwoman proposal storyline is the half-way point of his epic novel, and that you won't know if Bruce's attempts to make Selina his bride are sincere or another layer of his insanity. The revelation in ''Jokes and Riddles'' shakes Selina to her core and drives Bruce on a desert quest that will baffle his Robins and the JL.

Prior love interests will also be making an appearance.

The theme of King's run is ''Can Batman ever truly get over the loss of Thomas and Martha Wayne?''

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

He says that his Batman run will last 100 issues effectively till late Summer 2020...my legs are shaking out of stress of trying not to collapse.

Bruce will take a trip across the desert in an arc drawn by Joelle Jones featuring the Robins which King has called his best arc yet.

He says that the Bat/Cat proposal storyline is the half way point of his "novel" and that other Bruce love interests will feature. No clue what he means by that. I guess he was intentionally being coy out of fear for spoiler and what he probably means is that the marriage will take place around #50.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god, so now Bruce could be marrying Selina because he is 'insane'.

Never ever seen a writer write Bruce so god damn wrong.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zariusii said:

SDCC 2017: DC's Thursday Press Breakfast

Tom King says the Batman/Catwoman proposal storyline is the half-way point of his epic novel, and that you won't know if Bruce's attempts to make Selina his bride are sincere or another layer of his insanity. The revelation in ''Jokes and Riddles'' shakes Selina to her core and drives Bruce on a desert quest that will baffle his Robins and the JL.

Prior love interests will also be making an appearance.

The theme of King's run is ''Can Batman ever truly get over the loss of Thomas and Martha Wayne?''

Lol wut

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He says that his Batman run will last 100 issues effectively till late Summer 2020...my legs are shaking out of stress of trying not to collapse.

Will it really happen though? He can't make that claim, if the sales drop and DC receives negative criticism then they ought to fire him, right?

Bruce will take a trip across the desert in an arc drawn by Joelle Jones featuring the Robins which King has called his best arc yet.

He says that the Bat/Cat proposal storyline is the half way point of his "novel" and that other Bruce love interests will feature. No clue what he means by that. I guess he was intentionally being coy out of fear for spoiler and what he probably means is that the marriage will take place around #50.

So, they're basically milking it and want us to keep reading the book. got it.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ooh yeah? XD

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dam forgot about that one

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Eto

Oh dam forgot about that one

Yeah, you better do forget about it xd.

but hey, at least this one is funny, shitty story, but lmaooo funny af.

i read this for the lolz

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we're getting Asylum 2 huh

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 bro, we gettin Morrison on asylum 2. apparently it takes place in Batman #666 universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eto: I hope it's good.

They need to make some more Arkham games also

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright gents

Who is going to read Batman: The Signal, Duke's new book!

I;m not, f*ck that mate

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By entropy_aegis

This isn't even news, they got Lemire and Reis on Terrifics and Snyder himself along with Kubert on Challengers, even Tynion and Lee on a bunch of unknowns. That's more newsworthy.

Snyder's name and Batman on the title ensures an incredibly high first issue number and then it will drop spectacularly and when Snyder's name is removed after the 5th issue it will drop some more and by the year it will get cancelled.

Thegamemanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By OrangeBat

@eto said:

@belrev516 said:

No Caption Provided

ooh yeah? XD

Son, that's The Goddamn Batman you're talkin' s**t about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe King will use Talia again? Since he said other love interests will show up

Thegamemanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Their is two problems with Damian that writers have to deal with, the first is that their's no room for him without kicking another Robin to the curb. For every other Robin, there was always a vacancy which allowed them to take the role. Damian had that before flashpoint after Dick became Batman. But once Bruce came back, and the New52 was introduced, Damian's reason for being Robin died when Tim's whole character development disappeared.

Tim limits Damian's role as Robin to be mostly based on Gotham, and that limits his interactions with other superheroes as well. That's why writer stuck Tim in TT book right after New52 because Tim makes Damian role as Robin redundant. This is the reason they took Tim off the board, to allow Damian to expand his role outside of Gotham and let him grow roots(hence the whole new TT book).

The funny thing is that what happened to Tim is proceeding to happen to Damian as well (with Duke).

The second problem is Damian's personality which makes it harder for writers to add him to a team setting or interact with other characters besides Dick and the Bat-family. What most writers are doing with him I feel, is that they're trying to speed up his character development or his personality (which should have taken months or years) to make him into this hatable character we have to love...

P.s- Their was a Raven book which came out prior to the new TT book, but it only lasted 6 issues in case your interested.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegamemanuel: There is no room for any Robin without kicking the predecessor out of the mantle. Damian was created to compliment Dick regardless of Dick's mantle so he has that one thing.

Damian's reason for being Robin has absolutely nothing to do with Tim.

Tim was taken from the role years before New 52.

Whatever path Tim followed it was created by Dick so this logic is circular. Dick makes them all redundant.

Nothing is happening with Damian, he's part of what is considered arguably the best super hero ongoing book published by either DC or Marvel. A resurgent TT line, supporting character in Nightwing,Injustice 2 comic and game, currently in Batman Beyond,will be in sequel to Arkham Asylum by Morrison, the Shadow/Batman crossover(was also in Batman/TT while Tim was never in any 90's crossover involving Predator,Punisher,Daredevil or Spider-Man),Gotham Resistance crossover, Metal, and other stuff that I cant be bothered to list down. Duke will get an ongoing that will be cancelled by early 2019.

Yes there were 2 Raven minis in the past.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Just pre-ordered my Supersons vol.1 book.

How's the book been so far?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman/Shadow 4 Preview

Love this Joker, take notes Snyder.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The villains of Metal, minus Batjoker and their leader, lets call him Barbatos for the time being.

Bataquaman looks like a girl...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This event has no way to redeem itself anymore.

Why DC, why did you let Snyder make an event?!?!

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The villains of Metal, minus Batjoker and their leader, lets call him Barbatos for the time being.

Bataquaman looks like a girl...

Flash looks dope, don't know how to feel about the rest. Especially Doomsday lmao what in the.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems out there doesn't he? Him and Batjoker, they could've stuck to one theme but no.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This does look really out there. But I'll give it a shot. Maybe not the oneshots, but i'll try the main series

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: Ya, agreed. There will be 7 one-shots (7 dark Batmen). I'm curious about Flash. Couldn't care about the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

The event hasn't even started yet. I would at least give it a chance before judging it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

The event hasn't even started yet. I would at least give it a chance before judging it.

Don't get me wrong, I will give it a chance but it looks way too cheesy and cliche for me.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: ya, true. Ill wait first for some reviews.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christopher Priest has been offered Mark Doyle's job as head editor of the Batman line of books

Bleeding Cool

Unfortunately it appears that he's not willing to jump coasts, UGH.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: maybe when he's finished his work on Deathstroke. Man,

I remember his Batman in DS vol.1 (or was it vol.2?). It was a great issue, we also had Damian.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They might as well call this the Dark Bat League.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: you mean the Batmen from the Dark multiverse? Yeah, they could lol.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By JamesWayne

Read the Tec issue. While I do find that the team has more to do here than normal, I wish there would be more to Az than fighting. The zatanna stuff is disjointed. Also, and this is an ongoing complaint, power levels are everywhere. How could Cass struggle and need help when she beat 200 ninjas and beat shiva herself without shiva landing a hit? stupid. Also it is set up for the classic tynion one person vs an army next issue. Why?

Read the latest batman. liked it but it was WWWAAAAYYYY too soon for an interlude. The arc is slow enough, an interlude is overdone, even if it was well writtem. His pacing is bad, but he writes well. Tynions pacing is great but repeats the same story every time.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yep. lol

@eto said:

@nefarious: you mean the Batmen from the Dark multiverse? Yeah, they could lol.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman/Shadow was great as usual, really felt like a proper Pre-Flashpoint story.

All Star Batman was somewhat interesting, Snyder is trying to position Alfred as Batman's Batman, it does tie in to the whole Knight and Squire part of the mythos but I'm not really a fan of how they're neutering Batman by making everyone Batman these days. Alfred was Batman, Thomas Wayne was Batman, JPV is getting a Batsuit. Seems like DC writers have just given up.

Batman Beyond was pretty cool, wanted Damian to murder Terry tbh, the latter has been pretty annoying.

Read the Tec issue. While I do find that the team has more to do here than normal, I wish there would be more to Az than fighting. The zatanna stuff is disjointed. Also, and this is an ongoing complaint, power levels are everywhere. How could Cass struggle and need help when she beat 200 ninjas and beat shiva herself without shiva landing a hit? stupid. Also it is set up for the classic tynion one person vs an army next issue. Why?

Read the latest batman. liked it but it was WWWAAAAYYYY too soon for an interlude. The arc is slow enough, an interlude is overdone, even if it was well writtem. His pacing is bad, but he writes well. Tynions pacing is great but repeats the same story every time.

More reason for me to ignore Tynion.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman/Shadow is not canon

BM: And is it also in continuity?

SO: The book is not in continuity, based on the simple fact that the characters are owned by different companies. So, it’s problematic going forward. But the reality is, we are telling an iconic myth between these two characters. And even if it isn’t hard continuity, much like many of the mysteries of the shadow, they can be read to be true. And they can be read to be false. Part of The Shadow is, he is one of the world’s greatest mysteries. And coming to terms with the fact that Batman can’t figure him out, and will not be able to…and facing his own mortality in that respect…is a large part of the book. Our hope is, regardless of the answer, you can look at the end of this and say…maybe he isn’t lying. Maybe he did all of this. And that’s kind of the experience of The Shadow. There is a daunting horror to the truth he puts out. You know, maybe he’s just been manipulating you the entire time.

SOURCE

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: That's a great reponse, at least they have enough sense to not make this canon. Besides It would be extremely redundant considering that Snyder is trying to make Alfred, Bruce's Batman and that would basically fit the same role that the Shadow is playing on the story.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So apparently, Batman is a meta human now because of Snyder's little Dionesium thing which has Nth in it. And that healed Bruce in Endgame,

Snyder needs to go seriously.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this week was a big up and down week for me. Batman/The Shadow wasn't particularly bad, in fact it has been one of the good things around Batman since Rebirth, but I just don't feel that involved in the story. The Orlando/Snyder Joker seems like a vast improvement from Snyder's Joker but he and the Stag are written in a way that just doesn't make them believable villains in my eyes.

All-Star Batman was actually really interesting but I am getting tired of it still being a set-up. It has been three issues and we are still asking questions. However, that is not the only problem I have. I am getting annoyed of Snyder changing so much about Alfred in recent years. Now all of a sudden he was somewhat of a Batman before even he knew Bruce. It's like an Oprah Winfrey episode: "Everybody gets to be Batman!!!".

'Tec was a letdown as always. The Intelligence arc just turned into each one of the previous story arcs - Tynion introduces a villain that is so strong that Batman's X-Men must fight together but one of them is somewhat of a messiah as well and the last issue we will have an incredible showing of him/her against the army of villain. It's not even tiring anymore, it's just plain disappointing and annoying. Just step up your game a little, man.

I still haven't read Suicide Squad #22 though and I cannot share my thoughts on Batman being labeled as a 'meta'.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do some of you keep reading a book if you don't like it lmao. Just drop it.

@belrev516: I saw something on YouTube about it. Wtf but why

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: For Tec, the reason is, for me at least, it is a way to learn about past characters. I knew abouit the cast except for Azrael, so I'm sticking around for him. After that Ill probably drop it. Comics is a unique mediun because there is so much hate buying. People hate what is being done to their character in x comic but buy the comic because it has their character in it, due to love of the character, collection, etc. I myself have done that, but at the same time, a company wont respond to anything except sales. Rebirth wasn't DC appreciating their fans and characters, okay it was, but it only happened because sales were tanking

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997:

The Stag is definitely one note but he's deliberately one note, he's like an animal. There are no plans to make him the next big think so I like how there's a new villain without pretense and without the villain sue factor. Joker is pretty funny though, I'd rather read this one over the dreck that everyone post Morrison writes.

Lemme guess, the new chosen one is JPV LOL.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997:

The Stag is definitely one note but he's deliberately one note, he's like an animal. There are no plans to make him the next big think so I like how there's a new villain without pretense and without the villain sue factor. Joker is pretty funny though, I'd rather read this one over the dreck that everyone post Morrison writes.

Lemme guess, the new chosen one is JPV LOL.

Yeah, I know that they are not trying to force him down upon us, which is definitely the positive factor about the story, but I still don't feel engaged in any way with the crossover when we are having two villains who don't seem to be doing anything that much.

Yeah, it's JPV. Basically the BatAzz armor that was teased is his new Suit of Sorrows. The suit lets him do same things as the one from the Order of St. Dumas but it doesn't have the A.I. in itself that is trying to brainwash him. Basically, in the concluding issue we will see JPV with the suit against Ascalon and his army of Batwings.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belrev516: is he actually meta or could it just be hyperbole? Like he does things an ordinary person can't. Cause that's pretty much every "non powered" person I comics? Or is he just being grouped in with a bunch of other metas? And they're referring to the group as meta? Not saying you're wrong at all, I just want to understand the situation cause only Batman I read currently is Batman

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: ya but if you really don't like it, you shouldn't read it lol. For instance, I love Spider-Man, but I refuse to read Slott's ASM. I only read RYVows.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I agree. I have every wolverine series book since the first miniseries and this is the first time I dropped both wolverine books marvel is offering. Laura's awesome, but shes not wolverine right now. She's too much of a pure hero. Literally messianic in the current story. Wolverine to me at least, is the answer when there is no answer. And old man Logan is so overdone, in so many books, getting closer to storm (or was when I stopped) and his healing factor is getting better and better, it's like why not just bring back the original at this point?

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: as a spider can, what bothers you most? I know someone who's a big spidey fan and can't stand the whole billionaire aspect of it. He likes the Parker luck everyman version of Peter, and feels that making his true potential be a billionaire takes away from the everyman aspect of the character. Originally, he wasn't supposed to even be ripped.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.