Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

BATMAN 3 Plot Rumors

• 93 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

There’s a fun card game I used to play at summer camp. Since we like to keep it (generally) all-ages here, let’s use the euphemism Baloney for the title. The goal of the game is to get rid of all the cards from your hand by stating individual cards’ value before dropping them in a “discard pile.” If any of your fellow players suspects the value you state is incorrect, they can shout “Baloney!” and call you out on it. If it turns out that you are lying, you have to take the card back.

A pose typical to the game I describe...
    A pose typical to the game I describe...
    Please, remember those rules as you read this…   

Digital Spy’s reports that “a source at Warner Bros” says that BATMAN 3 will take place largely in Arkham Asylum and that the Riddler will be its main villain, while the Penguin and Mr. Freeze will have cameos. What’s more, Dick Grayson will show up (though likely not as Robin) and Barbara Gordon (I’m assuming they’re talking about the Commissioner wife and not Sara’s favorite superheroine) will factor in more significantly.

I'll be back.
     I'll be back.

The news last week that Goyer and Jonathan Nolan had started the script?  

I believe that.

The probability that, since INCEPTION’s wrapping up, Chris Nolan’s going to start working on the new Bat-movie while “godfathering” a Superman reboot?

No Caption Provided

I believe that, too.

But this news? Considering that Nolan’s said before that Robin will never show up as long as he’s directing, and that Goyer’s said he doesn’t want to retread villains, especially more “theatrical” ones like the Penguin…?

I’ll have to call...  =============================================================================>>>

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for phantom_patriot
    Phantom Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Phantom Patriot

ummmm HUSH ANYONE???

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

Well, the xbox360 game took place entirely in Arkham Asylum and that had a pretty damn awesome story. I wouldn't mind if thats how it went down, but how would he train Grayson if he's on Arkham Island?

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Gothic Storm

Well, there go the new Bat-flicks! They had a good run... about as long of a good run as their predecessors. 

Here's hoping that this is all bologna... Mmmmm.... lunch meat....

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Theodore

BLACK MASK PLEASE!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bruce Vain

I really don't want to see Riddler in it . I rather them utilize Two-Face more ( I don't believe him to be dead) & bring in Black Mask played by either Guy Pearce or Tim Olynphant. But if they were to bring in Riddler I would want Michael C. Hall ( Dexter) or Robin Williams for the part. I'd still want Bob Hoskins as Penguin. And Freeze isn't too far fetched to bring into Nolansverse. If he his done how Paul Dini & Bruce Timm did him make him a tragic villain. For Freeze I'd want Peter Weller (Robocop) or John Malkovich.
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Freeze be in the next one!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

Hush would be cool..... maybe Killer Croc....
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By goldenkey

I don't see any super natural kind of characters being in the movie at all, no frozen men walking around, no reptile men walking around.  If Goyer didn't want to retred villians he wouldn't have done the Joker already, and right now the Riddler would be a good thinking villian alond with an arms dealing Penguin.  Maybe a female cat burgler
    Agent86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Agent86

I think Black Mask would be great. It would logically follow. Batmans war against the mob, the emergence of the "freaks". The mob's own freak.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Bergquist

Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, Robin will not be appearing in the franchise because Bale is still portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films".Christian Bale has even gone on record saying he would leave the franchise if Robin was introduced.   

but if thay put  Talia Al Ghul  than Damian Wayne   in like 2 films later and put two face in  Lazarus Pit    

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think the only way this movie can be better then dark knight if Batgirl was in it and Robin but, you never know.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By The Psyentist
    @Bruce Vain said:
    " I really don't want to see Riddler in it . I rather them utilize Two-Face more ( I don't believe him to be dead) & bring in Black Mask played by either Guy Pearce or Tim Olynphant. And Freeze isn't too far fetched to bring into Nolansverse. If he his done how Paul Dini & Bruce Timm did him make him a tragic villain. For Freeze I'd want Peter Weller (Robocop) or John Malkovich. "
    I love Guy Pierce. And I agree with your sentiment about Freeze. I think he'd fit into the dark "Nolanverse." I like him because, yeah, as Dini and Timm made him, he was a tragic villain. And I thought that was just great.
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By glforthewin

black mask or white shark and then some people like riddler or bane as their henchmen 

anunsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By anunsi

How about they connect TDK and batman 3 with harley quinn as a supporting cameo sort of nod to the joker. And is it me or is it wrong to create a villain that would fit the movie like the director sees it. I like what nolan has done and if he decided to say no to every villain in the dc uninverse i'd still go watch it.

jdeluca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jdeluca2

I really hope to see a young Richard Grayson in this film. I don't think Nolon's going to want to film a fourth installment. He always showed uncertainty about filming another movie so I believe He is doing this to complete his trilogy. So, this film should be the biggest. It should really show where Batman is headed after the series ends. I don't care if its the last 15 seconds of the film, I think Bruce should take in the orphan. Think about it, this IS the film for it to happen. In a Trilogy, the third film always reflects the first. So bruce should be having a lot of flash backs in this film. It will make it easy for him to want to help Dick when his parents die. He doesn't have to be "gay". He can just crack a joke here and there, kinda like the kid from Indiana Jones 2. Wan "Short Round" Li. 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16  Edited By Decept-O

My bets are on Bat-Mite!  I think they could do a "dark" take on the imp.  
    I smell bull....err...baloney, too, with this news.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngelFrost

No ...No ... Catwoman!? 
    *cries*

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#18  Edited By HaloKing343

Zach Snyder would make an excelent director for Batman 3.

KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KingLoki

I'd personally like to see Black Mask with Deadshot as a hired gun.

pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pentagram

black mask 
    killer croc 
    posion ivy 

shoud be the villians.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost

Seriously, we get all these bad-ass villains
    and it's great and all except ... 
    THEY ARE ALL GUYS
    It's nice having a little bit of eye candy ;) 
    but I wanna see Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Catwoman Nolanised!
    Hopefully all 3 will be included in: Batman: Gotham Sirens  movie

Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bandito
    @HaloKing343: No, Zach Snyder would make an excellent director for another Matrix movie.  Or a Pepsi commercial.  NOT a follow-up to The Dark Knight.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

As I said to Tom earlier today, 

"I smell bad a rumor"

I quoted myself... boosh
    Saratine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saratine

The Riddler as played by either David Tennent or Johnny Depp.
    Preferably Tennent.

Graphicly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Graphicly

I think it would be interesting to see how Freeze and Riddler fit into Nolan's version of Batman.  I do agree with the majority that Black Mask, is a great fit for Nolan Batman.

MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MemnochZERO

I say stick with Batman villains we haven’t seen yet on screen like Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Talia Al Ghul, Deadshot, Tony Zuko, Killer Croc or Harley Quinn. Failing that, give us non shitty versions of Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Bane, and the Riddler. Mr Freeze is a great character I never want to see done on screen again and while I think they could redo Penguin so he doesn’t suck on screen (like they did with Two Face), but I don’t think Nolan is up to it based on interviews (he called him too far fetched a character, he and Bale aren’t keen on Robin either).  As for a movie set entirely in Arkham, I have my doubts. Though if Arkham and the Gotham City slums in the Narrows came back to the forefront instead of the more elite part of the city I would be very, very, happy. Plus more SCARECROW!    

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By WW-Fan

Catwoman should be there!! :(
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By WW-Fan

i would also want to see Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy
    ecm1285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By ecm1285

DEADSHOT!

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chalkshark

Reading the previous comments, I'm clearly an army of one in thinking that the Firefly would be a suitable villain for the Nolan Batman. A simple arsonist in a funny suit. I think an imax view of Chicago,... er.. I mean Gotham City, burning would make for some fine cinematic visuals. Since Batman's primary adversaries really ought to be the GCPD, I'm thinking taking down a criminal intent on burning the city to the ground might throw a litlte good will Batman's way. I also think Hugo Strange could make for a pretty good psychological thriller, if they wanted to take the film in that direction.  

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @The Psyentist said:
    "@Bruce Vain said:
    " I really don't want to see Riddler in it . I rather them utilize Two-Face more ( I don't believe him to be dead) & bring in Black Mask played by either Guy Pearce or Tim Olynphant. And Freeze isn't too far fetched to bring into Nolansverse. If he his done how Paul Dini & Bruce Timm did him make him a tragic villain. For Freeze I'd want Peter Weller (Robocop) or John Malkovich. "
    I love Guy Pierce. And I agree with your sentiment about Freeze. I think he'd fit into the dark "Nolanverse." I like him because, yeah, as Dini and Timm made him, he was a tragic villain. And I thought that was just great. "

Guy would just be perfect for Black Mask, & on top of that I would like to see him & Nolan work together again. Yea Freeze is somewhat plausible for that universe. I mean Nolan has got to delve in a little bit into the fictional world of Batman . You can't make it completely realistic. Also, Freeze has always been a personal favorite of mine. So I would like to see him  fixed. Killer Croc would be nice to see too as hired muscle or something. Again he's a plausible character as well. There are actual people that deal with a reptilian type disease. Maybe not that extent with Croc but again it's a comic book. Doesn't have to be completely realistic.
    DustinFun1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DustinFun1704

I have to say that the best villian choices for "Batman 3" would be three main villians. Includeing a return of Two Face, Black Mask, and The Riddler. Also Introduceing Hush as "Thomas Elliot" and Penguin as "Oswald Cobblepot". Black Mask could break Two Face out of Arkham and they together could rise to be BIG gang loards in Gotham. And the city of Gotham could hire Edward Nigma (Unknowing that he is The Riddler) to find out how and why. And since batman is running from the police he can also be hired to find out who batman's true identity is. And later on in the script Bruce Wayne could sustain an fatil injury from an epic battle between him and Black Mask and Two Face, and he will need asistance, so Alfrid calls Thomas Elliot (Bruce's childhood friend who is now a Dr.)  to operate on Bruce and be his docter. That would be a great Introduction for Hush. And since Black Mask and Two Face are rising to power, Oswald Cobblepot could be jealous and start brainstormning an alternate identity to eventually be as big as they are at this particular moument.  

Thats just an idea I'v come up with over the last couple of years with the help of some YouTube  videos, friends, and infromation on various websites. I do not take full credit for this "Plot" just parcial. I hope you like the idea, and please respond and tell me what you think of it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By NightFang3

Black mask & Deadshot will do nicely.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crom-Cruach

My top 3 picks would be the following:
    -Penguin: They have to show the mobs regaining it's footing and Penguin would be perfect for this. I like black mask fine but Penguin not being a psychopath or a sadist and just a cunning mob boss could make for a great main villain. Imagine, you have this epic fight scene where after Penguin has just ordered dozens of people in the way of his rise to power (mob bosses, witnesses, etc) gunned down by his hitmen (Could use deadshot for this) then just when Batman's about to lay the holy Smackdown on him he raises his arm and says something like: "I surrender" and so batman's stuck and you end the series with Penguin in jail but he's won, he'll cop a plea, run thing from jail for a while, then when he gets out he's top boss of Gotham and unless batman kills him (which he won't) then it means batman lost because whatever happens, Penguin's untouchable and he's top boss.
    -Bane: The man who broke the Bat deserves to have his reputation redeemed after the rape his character received in that Joel Schumaker disaster
    -Riddler: Gives us the Riddler in Hush and the better ones with a Nolan twist and it would be awesome

Frak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Frak
    @KingLoki said:
    " I'd personally like to see Black Mask with Deadshot as a hired gun. "
    I agree 100%. From what I hear, Nolan wanted to use Bat-villains we've never seen on the screen before as well - so they fit the bill - plus the fact that they're awesome characters/villains.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelFrost

No Caption Provided
    All I need is Eva Green as Catwoman in the next movie and then it will be the perfect Batman Movie.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Green Skin

I highly doubt we'll see Grayson.  Bale has stated many times that he'll flat out walk if they try to put Robin in.   I really hope we don't see Catwoman, especially after her solo movie.  

ldSomeone we haven't seen would be cool.  Talia would be awesome, plus it would tie into the first film quite nicely.  All sorts of cameo potential if they use the League of Assassins again.  Deadshot, Merlyn, Lady Shiva, any one those would be cool.   Bane or Hush would be cool to see too.

The coolest villain they could use would be Deathstroke.  How cool would that be!  I know he's not traditionally a Batman villain, but he'd still be awesome to see.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @AngelFrost said:
    "

All I need is Eva Green as Catwoman in the next movie and then it will be the perfect Batman Movie. "

Nice, I like it.    
    I would also accept Sharon Stone, but she is a bit old... 

I'd like to see Hush, too.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Bearded Justice said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    All I need is Eva Green as Catwoman in the next movie and then it will be the perfect Batman Movie. "
    Nice, I like it.    I would also accept Sharon Stone, but she is a bit old...   I'd like to see Hush, too. "
    Yes, Sharon is like ... very old 
    Oooo ooo oo what about Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn? ;)

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Bearded Justice said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    "

Nice, I like it.    I would also accept Sharon Stone, but she is a bit old...   I'd like to see Hush, too. "
    Yes, Sharon is like ... very old 
    Oooo ooo oo what about Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn? ;)

"

Wow, I like that one too!  Don't know if I'd give her the jester hat or not.  Probably not. 
    Very good, though.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By greenenvy

Would someone  please come on already with any  real evidence of batman three because nothing at all seems totally true yet. Its been I think or believe ever since and I am getting a little frustrated now.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tyler Starke

BULLSH*T

Avatar image for the_orange_crush
    the_orange_crush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_orange_crush
    @AngelFrost: very nice on Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn. do you think she can be in the movie without the Joker or does he need to be in it in order for her to be in it?

Personally, I would like to see Bane or the Riddler as the villains in the next film, but if Nolan really wants to use villains that haven't been used before, I don't know who would come across good on the big screen. All we could do is be patient.
    Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lydian Sel

So they're making Batman: Arkham Asylum: THE MOVIE?

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Moomin123

I want David Tennant to be the Riddler, Mr. Freeze to be played by Daniel Day-Lewis and Penguin to be played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman. 
    If it were up to me, I wouldn't have Freeze or Penguin in this film, only Riddler and a small Scarecrow cameo. I also wouldn't have Nightwing in this yet either.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AngelFrost
    @the_orange_crush said:
    " @AngelFrost: very nice on Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn. do you think she can be in the movie without the Joker or does he need to be in it in order for her to be in it?  Personally, I would like to see Bane or the Riddler as the villains in the next film, but if Nolan really wants to use villains that haven't been used before, I don't know who would come across good on the big screen. All we could do is be patient. "
    No, I don't believe the Joker needs to be in it.  I'd like the Riddler or Bane to be in it too. :D that would be good.
    I had sort of an idea in my head:

Harleen Quinzel, The Jokers former psychiatrist returns to Gotham to avenge the capture of the Joker. She grew obsessed with him and adopts a 'costume' of her own, complete with the carved 'smile' on her face. She is hell-bent on defeating the Batman, while crossing paths with the Riddler several times before banding together to over-rule Gotham and kill Batman.
    Shaunw1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By Shaunw1973

I can't believe you guys are thinking Mr Freeze is a good idea... Are you all too young to remember Batman and Robin?
    None of the following fit in the Nolan vision of 'real world' Batman; Freeze, Ivy, Croc, Bane.

Riddler could well fit. If they did him a some nut job serial killer that left clues at his murders. Something done a bit like Se7en would be good. They also need to keep up some mob war story.

Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bandito

Croc could work in the Nolan-verse if they made him a big cannibal with a skin condition, like he was in Azzarello's Joker graphic novel.  He should not look like a big lizard man--save that gimmick for the actual Lizard in whatever Spider-Man movie he eventually appears in. 

Ivy could work also, as long as they ground her in reality.  Make her a psycho who specializes in poisons and biotoxins, etc.  Do not make her green-skinned and capable of telepathically controlling plants.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By They Killed Cap!

This would be cool
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bruce Vain

If I was to have Catwoman and Poison Ivy in the Nolan films - I would want Sherilyn Fenn or Kate Beckinsale or Olvia Wilde for Catwoman & for Poison Ivy I would want Angelina Jolie or Angie Everhart or Amber Smith.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.