Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

batcave vs fortress of solitude : which one has more stuff?

ghinzdra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghinzdra

any fan of the characters are familiar with the fact that both superhero keep a shitload of fancy stuff in their HQ , and by fancy stuff I mean trophy but also some very wicked tech(which always raise an embarrassing question for the writer : why do they keep using their basic powerset -especially batman - while they could bury anyone of their nemesis into the ground with one of those gadget? ). Contigency plans involving technology like BrotherEye/OMAC counts

I guess All-star superman would be a good starting point for listing superman treasures while I don't have any clear idea of what batman has :everyone is familiar with the T-rex and the coin but I also read here and there that he has a green lantern ring, a motherbox, a teleporter, various kind of kryptonite that he engeenered himself, etc....without any reference to prove it.

With more than 60 years of continuity I bet there must be a lot of junk with a couple of doomsday-armaggedon artifacts thrown in it ....it always makes me think of the last scene of indy and the lost ark

And reference if you can

Captain_Gunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Captain_Gunky

I have a giant magazine style comic (It's honestly gigantic like bigger than a Rolling Stone) which I believe is titled simply "Superman's Fortress of Solitude". In it he goes on a tour through his fortress and let me tell you it's enormous including a spaceship he calls the ark in which if disaster is going to strike Earth he can take a big chunk of humanity with him to start anew on a new world. And he has a full alien zoo. I think superman clearly has a more stuff and better stuff (although if Batman really has a Green Lantern ring that's pretty bitchin. I was always under the impression Batman was just keeping souvenirs like giant pennies. and while Superman is also primarily collecting souvenirs I think the point is his more science fiction/off planet/time travel adventures just give him better souvenirs.

And I think the reason Batman doesn't make use of the stuff is he just likes punching people. Just like Superman can put people in the Phantom Zone, right?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By entropy_aegis

Superman has a zoo with dangerous alien beats,a phantom zone projector and a force field which can cover an entire city PLUS MUCH MORE.

Batman has...some neat stuff but it's obsolete garbage compared to what Superman has.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

Superman has a time machine in the Fortress....if he doesn't have something there already he can go steal it from the past or future

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Superman has a time machine? lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Batman owns the Fortress of Solitude...he just hasn't told Supes yet :P

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambit1024 said:

Yeah Superboy used it in the previous volume.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Yeah Superboy used it in the previous volume.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he had a half-dead frozen Superboy in the Fortress (Pre-Flashpoint.) QED: Supes has better stuff.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@entropy_aegis said:

Superman has a zoo with dangerous alien beats,a phantom zone projector and a force field which can cover an entire city PLUS MUCH MORE.

Batman has...some neat stuff but it's obsolete garbage compared to what Superman has.

....Batman has a giant penny, point game and match

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

@BlackArmor: lol

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By jrock85

Isn't there a dinosaur statue in the Batcave?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jrock85 said:

Isn't there a dinosaur statue in the Batcave?

Yeah but Supes can meet dinosaurs personally lol.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By super_psycho

@War Killer said:

Batman owns the Fortress of Solitude...he just hasn't told Supes yet :P

No Caption Provided

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rpgr

LOL, good ole DC Universe online. Yeah Future Batman owns the place. He's really just leasing to Superman. After all, no way Clark can pay the rent on a reporter's salary!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batcave has: a time machine, a super computer that has access to every database on earth, a legion of giant robot suits, a bat-rocket, a GL ring, a giant penny, a robotic life-sized dinasour, a lazerous pit, a portal to hell itself(no joke), a VR room and that just the tip of the iceberg. Checkmate.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Let's face it. Fortress stomps.

I like the cave more tho :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
    deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batcave has: A helm of fate, an atlantean trident similar to that of Aquaman's , Bracelets similar to that of Wonder Woman,a Lazarus pit,The medusa mask,giant sized penny,a huge robotic dinasour,the black rock,the randori stone,dionesium,electrum, an unknown relic of chaos, the dagger of shazam the wizard (holds a small piece of his power),the numerous batmobile and batplanes,most of his gadgetry, batboat, The batcomputer, massive Kryptonaite stockpile(Green n red),energy cage, multiple armors such as the thrasher suit, miniature nuke,nth metal batarangs , high tier weaponry( explosive that destroyed Shaggy man's arm, for example),lots of armor n mechs probably, a white dalek, boom tube gauntlet , gloves that kill all the nerves in the area they touch,Crusader's shield( DC's " its captain America but we are avoiding copyright) and thunderer's axe(DC's "it's totally not mjlonir"), Archangel wings( From X-men)and more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
    deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodamnbatman:

source for the time machine,legion of giant robots,portal to hell,GL ring n VR room?

Anaioyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cave.

BecauseBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batcave, Batman puts everything in there, from prisoners to dinosaurs to massive pennies. Plus he's got a shit ton of Bat stuff, like Batmobiles, Batplanes, Batarangs, Batcomputers, Bat-people, Bats (no, literally, as in the animals), you get the point. He's just got everything.

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortress of solitude [1] . It has alien artifacts, sci-tech, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.