Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Bat-Family-Lantern-Corp

Bladesummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Bat-Family-Lantern-Corp (32 votes)

Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood, Batgirl, Black Bat, Spoiler, Batwoman 75%
    Green Lantern, Yellow Lantern, Red Lantern, Blue Lantern, Indigo Lantern, Orange Lantern, Sapphire Lantern, Black Lantern, White Lantern 28%

Hello everyone!

Apologies if the title is a little confusing. Allow me to clarify.

I want to know, out of the immediate Bat-family, which members would belong in each Lantern Corps...

Now, I know the family differs from fan to fan, but I'm going to go bare-bones here, just so we can have a even 9 choices each.

Bat-FamilyLantern Corps
    Bruce Wayne: BatmanGreen Lantern: Will
    Dick Grayson: NightwingYellow Lantern: Fear
    Damien Wayne: RobinRed Lantern: Rage
    Tim Drake: Red RobinBlue Lantern: Hope
    Jason Todd: Red HoodIndigo Lantern: Compassion
    Barbara Gordon: BatgirlOrange Lantern: Greed
    Cassandra Cain: Black BatSapphire Lantern: Love
    Stephanie Brown: SpoilerBlack Lantern: Death
    Kate Kane: BatwomanWhite Lantern: Life

Just keep in mind that each Corp has a certain characteristics that could suit the different family members.

There is ulterior motives for this poll, so please make your voices known. You all might be treated to something cool...

Also, this is my first poll, so apologies if it doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to. Just list the members and the Corps you think they belong in, if it doesn't work.

Cheers!

• 
    Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

umm I don't know how to vote on this but

Batman = white lantern or fear

Nightwing = hope

Jason Todd= Rage

Damian = Fear

BG = Compassion, love, or will

Tim Drake = Greed

Stephanie Browm = Will

Cassandra Cain = will

Catwoman = Love

KK= IDK

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Wouldn't Batman be better as a Yellow Lantern, seeing as the while bat thing is inspired by him being frightened of them when he was young, and how he uses the image to frighten his enemies?

I know you mentioned the family varying from fan to fan, but Batwoman definitely isn't one of them.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman fear nIghtwIng wIll tIm Is hope damIan greed jason rage batgIrl love stephanIe compassIon cassandra caIn fear catwoman,greed kate caIn

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bladesummers Wow, lol, I agree with none of those.

Batman-Sinestro Corps

Nightwing-Blue Lantern Corps

Damien- Star Saffire Corps (ok, this one might not make alot of sense at first but I think Damien has alot of love inside himself especially for Bruce, Dick, Pennyworth, and even his mother. If you ask me love has been a major if not the prime motivator in his life. Plus I think he would hate belonging to that corps and it would make for great comedic effect)

Tim-Green Lantern Corps

Jason-Red Lantern Corps

Cass- Indigo Lantern Corps (another one that might not make alot of sense off the bat. When Cass first showed up in No Man's Land she had this very zen, silent warrior thing going on which she never quite stopped doing. She wasn't motivated by revenge or innate sense of responsibility but rather by the need for redemption which she sought through helping others who could not help themselves. I think she lines up with the indigo corps perfectly)

I don't know about Steph and Barb, they don't seem to really "belong" anywhere so I guess you can just give them whatever color you like looking at them best in.

Oh, and Kane isn't part of the Batfamily so who cares about her ;)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red- Jason Todd

Orange- Alfred for the lulz

Yellow- Damian Wayne

Green- Bruce Wayne

Blue- Dick Grayson (or Tim)

Indigo- Tim Drake (or Dick)

Violet- Barbara Gordon

White- Stephanie Brown

Black- Cassandra Cain

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Bruce : He can belong to any of the Lantern corps or all of them at once but he suits Green best followed by Yellow.
    • Damian : Indigo.
    • Tim : Blue.
    • Dick : Star Sapphire.
    • Jason : Red.
    • Barbara : Green.

Damian is the toughest because he was just starting get better with feelings but then Morrison had to ruin everything but if he ever grew up (with Bruce and Dick as Father figures) then I think Indigo Would've suited him best.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By spidermonkey2099

Batman- Yellow Lantern

Nightwing- Indigo Lantern

Barbara Gordon- Green Lantern

Tim Drake- Green Lantern

Jason Todd- Red Lantern or Yellow Lantern

Damian Wayne- Red Lantern

Batwoman- Green Lantern

Cassandra Cain- Green Lantern

Stephanie Brown- Blue Lantern or White Lantern

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

Batman: Yellow Ring, Fear.

Nightwing: White Ring, Life.

Jason Todd: Red Ring, Rage.

Tim Drake: Green Ring, Will.

Damian Wayne: Black Ring, Death.

Cassandra Cain: Indigo Ring, Compassion.

Oracle: Violet Ring, Love.

Catwoman: Orange Ring, Greed.

Stephanie Brown: Blue Ring, Hope.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

umm I don't know how to vote on this but

Batman = white lantern or fear

Nightwing = hope

Jason Todd= Rage

Damian = Fear

BG = Compassion, love, or will

Tim Drake = Greed

Stephanie Browm = Will

Cassandra Cain = will

Catwoman = Love

KK= IDK

this

asdoane73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman - Yellow

Nightwing - Will

Red Robin - Compassion

Batgirl (Barbara) - Hope

Robin (Damian) - Love

Red Hood - Rage

Alfred - Compassion

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#11  Edited By Extremis

@ultrastarkiller: Batman wouldn't be a white lantern as his greatest ability is to instill fear (yellow). A yellow power ring actually tried to choose Batman one time because of his ability to inspire great fear.

Only one human has ever mastered the emotional spectrum and become a white lantern and that's Kyle Rayner. Bruce is far from mastering the emotional spectrum. I love em and all but he's not someone you consider "emotionally available".

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Extremis

Also, I don't think any of these have what it takes to be any Lantern, especially Green or White.

The only one closest to being a lantern is Damian being a Black lantern as Black lanterns have to be dead first and Damian is, ya know, dead...

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

Also, I don't think any of these have what it takes to be any Lantern, especially Green or White.

The only one closest to being a lantern is Damian being a Black lantern as Black lanterns have to be dead first and Damian is, ya know, dead...

Bruce could totally be a lantern. Sinestro corps is a given since so many people are terrified of Bruce and he was actually chosen at one point to be in the Sinestro corps. Plus you can't deny that Bruce has an outstanding strength of will, he is famous for that.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Extremis

@theocitylegend: well he could maybe be a Sinestro lantern but as I said he wasn't officially chosen as he's never worn a ring or been a lantern. A ring tried to choose him once though which I did point out.

And no I don't think he'd be a GL. Bruce is definitely determined and well disciplined but when I think of someone being famous for will power it's not Bruce, it's Hal Jordan. A prime example to explain my point is Oliver Queen. Super strong willed, head strong guy. Arguably more so than Bruce even. But when he wore the GL ring that Hal gave him he still didn't have enough will to ring sling effectively. He squeezed out one construct and it was super weak. My guess is the same would happen for Bruce. Only those with GREAT pure will power can wield a GL ring. Bruce isnt drive by will, he's driven by obsession. I love Bats, but he doesn't have what it takes to be a GL.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman fear nIghtwIng wIll tIm Is hope damIan greed jason rage batgIrl love stephanIe compassIon cassandra caIn fear catwoman,greed kate caIn

not bad!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Bruce Wayne: BatmanYellow Lantern: Fear
    Dick Grayson: NightwingGreen Lantern: Will
    Damien Wayne: RobinRed Lantern: Rage
    Tim Drake: Red RobinBlue Lantern: Hope
    Jason Todd: Red HoodRed Lantern: Rage
    Barbara Gordon: BatgirlSapphire Lantern: Love
    Cassandra Cain: Black BatYellow Lantern: Fear
    Stephanie Brown: SpoilerSapphire Lantern: Love
    Kate Kane: Batwoman

Indigo Lantern: Compassion

Selina Kyle: Catwoman Orange Lantern: Greed

SlayerOFEVIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: You have to take Dick Grayson into account his connections and ability to rally people together easily makes him someone who can inspire great hope a.k.a Blue Lantern

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

v.v Some of you people... v.v

Bruce Wayne = Any Lantern

Dick Grayson = Orange... His primary motivation is always about himself and what he wants. He's Robin because he wants revenge, he's Nightwing because he wants out of the shadow of Batman, etc. He's selfish, pretty much through and through.

Jason Todd = All about Compassion mixed with Love. The reason he kills pushes the guy off a balcony is robin is cuz he deeply empathized with his victim. The reason he was/is mad at Bruce was due to expecting Bruce to do more to avenge him.

Tim Drake = Green. He is motivated only because it is the right thing to do and he knows that he's not the best at certain things but still tries his best at them. He's probably Orange in DCnU

Damian = Red... obviously

Barbara = Originally Blue, but when she became Oracle she became green... DCnU she doesn't really fit a color strongly

Cassandra = Yellow and Indigo, but leaning more towards Indigo.

Stephanie Brown = Blue and Green... That's what she's trying to do after all is hope ^.^ and to do what she does with as little skill as she has she must be pretty green

Helena = Red... that's why she's Huntress

Alfred = Sapphire... He's motivated out of love

Kate Kane = Red... Her whole story is about being angry at one person or another for the injustices of the world

Bette = not a strong leaning any which way.

Selina Kyle = Yellow... She's completely motivated by fear of being held in any way shape or form. She doesn't care about gems or any of that stuff. What she likes about them is the challenge and the breaking of rules, rules that seek to lock her away. Her thieving is all about breaking any and all restriction.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

v.v Some of you people... v.v

Bruce Wayne = Any Lantern

Dick Grayson = Orange... His primary motivation is always about himself and what he wants. He's Robin because he wants revenge, he's Nightwing because he wants out of the shadow of Batman, etc. He's selfish, pretty much through and through.

Jason Todd = All about Compassion mixed with Love. The reason he kills pushes the guy off a balcony is robin is cuz he deeply empathized with his victim. The reason he was/is mad at Bruce was due to expecting Bruce to do more to avenge him.

v.v you...v.v So, Jason wanting Bruce to avenge him is a mix of love and compassion but Dick looking for justice for his parents is selfish? Do you see the contradiction there?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitacura: Yes. It seems similar, but it's ultimately driven by a different set of emotions. Dick Grayson only is a hero because it's all he knows how to do. He feels good swinging across Hotham. He likes getting his anger out on villains. Every action he takes is pretty much self-serving.

Jason Todd's actions are always described as because other people can't do it or haven't been given the chance to do it. Every action he has taken pretty much comes down to "He deserved it" or "Gotham needs it" even his anger for Batman is because he can't understand how Batman can be so compassionate and love him, but doesn't do what Gotham or he would have done. In other words, while anger is definitely a component, the driving force behind that anger is compassion and love.

This is similar to Selina. While she is "greedy" for freedom, the driving factor is fear and harnessing that fear. And like wise her anger over getting her stuff taken can again be seen as greed, we know the ultimate reason behind her actions is because she doesn't want anyone to be able to be able to enforce rules on her. Likewise, her costume and name even hint at these things she's a "Catwoman" ie she'll do what she wants and she wear a "Cat-suit" which allows her to seduce which allows her to be "free" but seduction is a form of control and can be used as a weapon, and all of that is again driven by her need for freedom which is ultimately driven by her fear of captivity.

Remember that the rings select for Driving force and not really surface emotions. Hal for example was chosen even though he is largely angry and carefree. Guy was chose due to even though always being angry always persevering. Rankor was chosen not because of outward anger, he always acting shy and fearful outwardly, but because of his intense inner anger. You can go throughout all the corps and show this. The reason they are chosen is due to driving force behind the actions. Green Rings tend to let other emotions in there as well, because you can use all those other emotions to overcome all the other emotions ^.^

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vitacura

@durakken: I don't see it. I think it was his love for his parents what motivated Dick to create Robin, and a impulse to protect others what keep him moving. Everyone looks for justice in their on way, even Jason but his "he deservet" is basicaly rage, righteous anger is still rage.

You can't say that since Jason anger was motivated by compassion than compassion is his motivation but at the same time it doesn't matter what motivated Dick's need for justice.

Yes the rings select by driving force and no one in the batfamily is moved by selfishness.

Also Orange is greed/avarice not selfishness.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Durakken

@vitacura said:

@durakken: I don't see it. I think it was his love for his parents what motivated Dick to create Robin, and a impulse to protect others what keep him moving. Everyone looks for justice in their on way, even Jason but his "he deservet" is basicaly rage, righteous anger is still rage.

You can't say that since Jason anger was motivated by compassion than compassion is his motivation but at the same time it doesn't matter what motivated Dick's need for justice.

Yes the rings select by driving force and no one in the batfamily is moved by selfishness.

Also Orange is greed/avarice not selfishness.

Selfishness is a form of greed.

Dick is not motivated by Justice. He has said it multiple times throughout his existence. He has moved far beyond seeking anything out of the need for justice for his parents. Dick has specifically said that he does what he does because it's the only thing he knows how to do, not because he "cares" Yes he cares but what he's doing is instinctual and not out of a sense of justice or any of that stuff.

Jason is angry because his compassion. When something like this is the case it is shown that the driving force is the overriding factor between rings. However, rings do not discriminate... so anger driven by compassion will also attract a red ring, but if you wear a red and indigo ring and the two are fighting, the indigo will win out

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O_o ....ok that doesn't make sense. You said Dick was selfish because he waned justice for his parents, then his motivation is not that but he still is selfish because he cares but he doesn't "care". Dick was a cop, a curator, could go back to the circus, he can do other things. He was even Batman when he didn't want to be Batman because Batman was needed for others.

And I guess Jason was being compassionate when Blüdhaven blown up and he forced Bruce to keep fighting him and moked the possibility that Dick had died, right?

To be honest I have no idea what motivates Dick, I think he looks for balance I think he is a protector, what is the force behind that I'm not sure but the idea that is some form of greed is absurd. I think Jason is an angry dude, he always have a reason for his rage but there was nothing compasionate in is rage toward Bruce I think he is a punisher, that doesn't mean he isn't compassionate, but that's not what moves him.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

batman- green or sinestro

batgirl - green or blue

drake- green

damien- red or yellow

alfred - star sapphire (sorry...)

jason todd - red or indigo

nightwing:

No Caption Provided

SlayerOFEVIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SlayerOFEVIL

Batman - Sinestro Corps

Robin - Star-Sapphire Corps(Trust me on this one.)

Stephanie Brown - Star Sapphire Corps

Red Robin - Indigo Tribe

Nightwing - Blue Lantern

Cassandra Cain - Green Lantern Corps

Barbara Gordon- Green Lantern Corps

Jim Gordon - Green Lantern Corps

Red Hood - Red Lantern Corps

Catwoman - Orange Lantern Corps

Alfred - Indigo Tribe or Star - Sapphire Corps

Harper Row - Indigo Tribe

Carrie Kelly - Blue Lantern Corps

Helena Bertenelli - Red Lantern Corps

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

Bruce Wayne: BatmanYellow
    Dick Grayson: NightwingGreen
    Damien Wayne: RobinRed
    Tim Drake: Red RobinGreen
    Jason Todd: Red HoodYellow
    Barbara Gordon: BatgirlGreen
    Cassandra Cain: Black BatGreen
    Stephanie BrownBlue
    Kate Kane: BatwomanRed
    guardian240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Green Lanterns : Bruce, Barbara, and Cass

Blue Lanterns : Dick, Luke, Duck, Tim, Steph, Carrie, Harper and Cullen

Red Lanterns: Azrael and Jason

Yellow Lanterns: Damian and Batwoman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.