Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Arkham City or Arkham Knight: The Superior Game

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Arkham City or Arkham Knight: The Superior Game (84 votes)

Arkham City 61%
    Arkham Knight 39%

Which experience delivered more?

• 
    Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

The one that can actually be played on the PC.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

they both have some pretty big fumblings in their narratives, but arkham knight is just a superior version of city all around.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: No unique bossfights, miniscule amount of added mechanics, fewer predator/combat encounters, less time as Batman and more time as Batmobile, and a story that's just better (which isn't hard to top).

I'm honestly curious as to what you thought Knight did superior to City, in terms of gameplay?

Gravelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham City and it really isn't even close.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight in terms of gameplay and story. What sucks is too much Batmobile and no bosses. Which somehow still puts it over Arkham City.

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight. Better story and gameplay. The main gripe I had with it was the amount of puzzles you had to use the Batmobile for to solve. I didn't like the fact that it was forced on me so much. Being able to cruise around the city in it is fun as hell though.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Arkham Knight and it isn't even close.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@_mongul said:

@innervenom123: No unique bossfights, miniscule amount of added mechanics, fewer predator/combat encounters, less time as Batman and more time as Batmobile, and a story that's just better (which isn't hard to top).

I'm honestly curious as to what you thought Knight did superior to City, in terms of gameplay?

I don't miss the boss fights.

The minimal amount of added mechanics are fine because this system is basically perfect as it is, and what additions we did get were pretty great.

Lack of predator in the plot, fine, but you can still do AR challenges whenever. But fewer combat encounters? The entire city is basically one giant riot zone! You can't look for riddler trophies without some jerks trying to run you over.

I love the batmobile so this isn't a problem for me.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight is better in every way.

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight was an overhyped piece of trash. I honestly prefer Arkahm Origins, but City is good.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I enjoyed Arkham City more. There was just a few things about AK that detracted from the experience a bit, still a great game though.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham knight is a trash game and the pc version is unplayable

avajasmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham City Game is my favourite. I often play this game with my kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Arkham Knight being broken on the PC has nothing to do with the actual quality of the contents within the game. I'd honestly put both on the same level. They surpass each other in individual aspects.

I prefer Arkham Knight though, because it's a game analysing and messing with Batman's mental state in a very intricate way. Plus, the gameplay is absolutely fantastic.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City. Knight's story left a sense of disappointment and the blatant overusage of the batmobile near the end of the game was annoyingly tedious and the voice acting was slightly off in this IMO Conroy and Hamill were fantastic but just not as good as in the first 2 plus all the voice cast changes weren't as good as before save for Gordon and Scarecrow. The Graphics and Gameplay were better but that's about it. I still loved the game and think it's the best in the series after City but it has some glaring flaws that keep it from being what it easily could have been.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
    theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City>>>>Knight

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City by a long shot

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
    PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knight, I personally like the Batmobile

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want to know is, who is Cassie from the phone messages? Cassie Sandmark? :D

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkfallen said:

Arkham Knight was an overhyped piece of trash. I honestly prefer Arkahm Origins, but City is good.

you one of the few people I have seen to say they liked Origins.... which is fine, I just rarely see it.

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JKFallen

@w0nd said:
    @jkfallen said:

you one of the few people I have seen to say they liked Origins.... which is fine, I just rarely see it.

The storyline isn't as good as City but it really improved the gameplay in a way that wasn't too intrusive unlike Knight. Kind of like Modern Warfare 2's improvements from Modern Warfare in COD. The only good bit I saw in Knight was the better combat and the... well... I don't want to spoil but a good extra in the storyline.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of raw gameplay graphics and atmosphere definitely Knight. You can tell Rocksteady took their time in polishing this game (at least the console versions can't say the same for PC) story wise I felt it was a little lacking both in writing of the characters and how it ends up playing out but their are some amazing moments all the psychological aspects are the greatest I've ever seen in games and in any Batman story which is definitely fitting with Scarecrow and of course the joker as the main villains. But in terms of level design boss fights and overall story it's kind of lacking the dependence on the Batmobile at some points is really annoying and I end up finding it more of an annoying element of the game than a cool feature. Hate all the drone fights they're annoying they don't take any strategy and there are way too many of them I think I'd have enjoyed them more if they'd happen every once in a while as opposed to every 5 minutes of the main story. They made a great game with Knight but I don't see it as the definitive Batman experience that goes to City for me. Put Knights gameplay features graphics etc as well as some cnematic and story elements all in City and you have the ultimate Batman game

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay mechanics, graphics, combat system and the flow of the game: Batman Arkham Knight. The story and overall game: Batman Arkham City.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thekillerklok

The one that actually functions on the only platform that matters

HAIL THE GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!!!

Loading Video...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man. Origins is better than Knight. Game is a straight up disappointment.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

In terms of story? City

Looks? Knight.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By username12345

Knight in everything. City's story is immature, and an excuse to get all the villians on one cover.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Pokeysteve

I really didn't like the story in City. It was so ridiculous and out there that it was hard to believe. Knight had a believable plot that brought one of his lamer villains to the top. I didn't like how Knight ended.

Knight also incorporated it's boss fights into the side quests which were a huge plus.

I prefer Knight to City but Asylum is still my favorite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Knight is better in everything besides bosses.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City. Knight had an inferior story.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Veshark

Arkham Knight is superior in (almost) every conceivable department. Granted, a lot of that is because Knight builds on the foundation that City established, but I've honestly always thought that City was the weakest of the Arkham games.

City had a weak and middling story; the idea of an Arkham City prison was novel, but with all the jumping between the Joker's death, Hugo Strange's Protocol 10, and the ridiculous Wonder City subplot, I've always thought that the story lacked a central focus. Knight, on the other hand, made it very clear that this was a war against Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight's army, and the stakes felt appropriately high. It was Gotham under threat of invasion, and it balanced out the Jason Todd subplot while also making arguably the most badass version of Scarecrow in any form of media. I can still recall so many epic sequences during the Arkham Knight campaign; Batman jumping off the GCPD roof to save Barbara was one of the most genuinely thrilling moments in the entire franchise. Not to mention that Knight also had such a potent conclusion when Batman finally overcame the Joker and locked him in his mind. If hearing Conroy raging "I am the night!" doesn't do it for you, I don't know what to say. Arkham City felt like just another night in Batman's life. Arkham Knight truly felt like the end of Batman.

In terms of gameplay, Arkham Knight far outstrips its predecessor, though really that comes down to the generational difference. Obviously Knight's going to look better and play better. I will admit that some of the Batmobile sequences felt forced (the Cobra boss battles are still a nightmare to wade through), but I still enjoyed riding around the city in a giant tank, which is exactly how driving the Batmobile should feel. The only drawback that Knight has is the lack of genuine boss battles, which I'll concede to. But if you really think about it, it's not a huge difference. Arkham City's only truly standout boss fight was against Mr. Freeze. Everything else, from Clayface to Ra's to Grundy, was just repetitive button-mashing and pattern-recognition. Also, another common complaint about Arkham Knight were the PC compatibility issues, but in my experience, the game's always performed well on my laptop.

Frankly, sometimes I feel like people are just agreeing with popular groupthink when they claim that City is the best Arkham game. Asylum had an awesome, atmospheric story with a fun comic-book feel. Origins had the awesome premise of assassins hunting Bats on Christmas, and a strong origin story for Bats and the Joker (plus, a great Bane). And Knight is about as epic as it gets, while also being the best damn Scarecrow story ever. I get that City is arguably the most innovative game in the franchise, having taken the Asylum blueprint and making it 100 times better, but it's still the Arkham game that I replay the least.

Pistroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pistroke

Arkham City. There was lack of boss fights in Arkham Knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57
    deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham City.

Xmthiyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Xmthiyu

Arkham City is a far superior game. Arkham Knight was just meh.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JohnBrief

Asylum > Both.

OT: Knight.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erkanbeater

City stomps

That being said all games were good, although Knight definitely had the most potential, but imo City is still the best game.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City because of more boss fights, better story, and being able to play free roam as Catwoman.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

visually, knight.

storyline, it is difficult

hype (for me) knight

how much did i enjoy- VERY small edge to city because of the bosses

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.