Anbody enjoying Tom King's Batman run?

• 107 results
#51 Posted by rogueshadow (29601 posts) - - Show Bio

Stopped at 7.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#52 Posted by infantfinite128 (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

I very much enjoyed the Bane segment of Batman 9. I already read it through previews, but as a Bane fan, it's nice to own a physical copy! I hope Alfred finally gets up on the right side of the bed in the next issue. lol I just want to get to Bane!

#53 Posted by TDK_1997 (18938 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting worse and worse...

#54 Posted by Aahz (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

@caivu said:

I wouldn't say it comes out of nowhere. She did willingly give up what would've been a distinguished military career, after all. Then she finds herself having the opportunity for a similar position again, from two different and competing factions, and we see her wrestling with that decision even after she's made it.

So far she was never really written as a leader and was usually more of a lone wolf.

Thats similar with Steph who is suddenly supposed to be one of the smart guys, which is also not really in line with her previous portrait.

#55 Posted by Caivu (187 posts) - - Show Bio

@aahz: And a big theme of Kate's solo series was that completely lone wolf type stuff doesn't work, at least not for her. She doubled down on that after her dad betrayed her the first time, and that directly lead to her getting blackmailed by the DEO. Part of the original run was easing her out of that totally solo mindset.

Just because she was never written that way (and that's debatable, but let's just assume that's the case) doesn't mean anything. It still makes sense with her backstory and the position she held at West Point; she was set to be the First Captain, after all. That's all I'm saying, that it does have some sort of rationale. It's not like there's absolutely no precedence for this at all. Now, if she had been a character with that "I work alone" mindset from the very beginning and also had no experience in leadership roles or working alongside others at all whatsoever, I could agree with you. But that's not the case.

To use another, slightly sillier example with her just to help explain: we know that Kate is a guitarist and plays in bars on occassion. But that has literally never been shown once, only been mentioned in passing a couple times. Does that mean she's not a guitarist? No, it just means that it's not been focused on, but there's also no reason to doubt it.

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
#56 Posted by HauntedGraveyard (252 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest. I've stopped reading Batman and Tec after the Gotham Arc and Batwomans father arc. I've lost interest in them and have moved to Batman Beyond which I'm enjoying a lot more. Can't wit for the second issue.

#57 Posted by infantfinite128 (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

@hauntedgraveyard: Cool! I'm only reading Batman and Deathstroke right now, and if Bane isn't well written, I may join you! I would read Nightwing but I don't want to read beta-male Batman.

#58 Posted by entropy_aegis (21012 posts) - - Show Bio

@hauntedgraveyard: Cool! I'm only reading Batman and Deathstroke right now, and if Bane isn't well written, I may join you! I would read Nightwing but I don't want to read beta-male Batman.

I think Bane will be well written, the key question is panel time. Tom King's work imo doesn't stack up because his priorities lie somewhere else. Nightwing is a great book, it's definitely "better than Batman" and Seeley is actually using his beta-male Batman status and poking fun at it in the story. It's a great deconstruction of the Nightwing concept but still remaining faithful to the character, cant wait to see Seeley tear Bludhaven a new one eventually.

#59 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind King's run. I wasn't really a fan of Night of the Monster Men, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of Gotham Girl. I feel like she's going to sacrifice herself at some point to save a major character, but I don't see much more than that. I'm curious to see why he wrote Catwoman as having 237 confirmed kills though. I'm also curious to see how an overconfident Bane will play out.

#60 Edited by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom king seems to be stepping it up from his sub-par 1st arc. #9. Was an excellent read . He has written great stuff -omega men , sheriff , vision, and even that green lantern one-shot are masterpieces. I highly recommend them. I hear Grayson was good but I haven't read it.

Most batman related books are good reads right now - main title, Snyder's all star, Nightwing ,and detc. The only books that I dropped were batgirl, birds of prey, and batman beyond . Found them boring.

#61 Edited by infantfinite128 (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I sure hope so because he's my favorite Batman villain.

Well you haven't lead me astray yet, so I'll see if I can pick issues #1-4, and #7 up. Like I mentioned to you before, I just didn't want him to get jerked around with Duke and Gotham Girl being considered Bruce's successors or right-hand people. I also don't like feet of clay coming of age stuff, and I wasn't sure it that would be an issue. Damian never had that issue for me, but he's not your average kid.

#62 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to read Batman #9! I'll receive it on Tuesday (I live in The Netherlands).

I dropped the book after the first two issues. I just didn't enjoy it. Hope second arc will be better!

#63 Edited by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Im now enjoying it with issue 9, hopefully King keeps it up.

#64 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I finally got to read issue 9 today.

I must admit that I liked it, and I will read the whole arc.

I have faith

#65 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

So, I finally got to read issue 9 today.

I must admit that I liked it, and I will read the whole arc.

I have faith

I have faith as well.....This issue peaked my interest in King's run again.

#66 Posted by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

You people are up and down like a yo-yo. Why do you think that King has suddenly swallowed the quality pill and will now be able to write great Batman material after an apparently fairly dismal first 8 issues? (I haven't read them yet).

I really hope he can, don't get me wrong, but the faith around here would outshine religious organisation.

#67 Posted by entropy_aegis (21012 posts) - - Show Bio

You people are up and down like a yo-yo. Why do you think that King has suddenly swallowed the quality pill and will now be able to write great Batman material after an apparently fairly dismal first 8 issues? (I haven't read them yet).

I really hope he can, don't get me wrong, but the faith around here would outshine religious organisation.

The art was FAR better here. Script wise there was some clever foreshadowing, for example the book started with:

Bane: I've stopped, tell me I can always stop

and ended with

Batman: I will never stop

Otherwise it was more of the same, still never underestimate the power of good art and Bleeding Cool reports one the stores owners they survey is saying that his customers aren't pleased with the writing on Batman but they buy it anyway cause it's Batman.

I think King has decent ideas but he fails to execute them properly, he keeps teasing exciting stuff which either never happens or is just glossed over while the mundane stuff takes centre stage.

The book suffers from from a number key issues:

A massive surge in telling rather the showing.

An obsession with trying to homage or channel previous Batman creators.

Lack of compelling characters.

Force feeding of boring characters.

Attempts at long term story telling that I feel are not succeeding, King is always more interested in what's going to happen in the future so effectively every issue is just a set up issue. I am Gotham and NOTMM were only set up for I am Suicide, I am Suicide is set up for I am Bane. So today's issue is set up for tomorrow's and tomorrow's issue sets up the one the day after and so on. Horrible decompression, how many other authors/books can get away with 8 issues for their story to pick some momentum.

#68 Posted by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777 said:

The art was FAR better here. Script wise there was some clever foreshadowing, for example the book started with:

Bane: I've stopped, tell me I can always stop

and ended with

Batman: I will never stop

Otherwise it was more of the same, still never underestimate the power of good art and Bleeding Cool reports one the stores owners they survey is saying that his customers aren't pleased with the writing on Batman but they buy it anyway cause it's Batman.

I think King has decent ideas but he fails to execute them properly, he keeps teasing exciting stuff which either never happens or is just glossed over while the mundane stuff takes centre stage.

The book suffers from from a number key issues:

A massive surge in telling rather the showing.

An obsession with trying to homage or channel previous Batman creators.

Lack of compelling characters.

Force feeding of boring characters.

Attempts at long term story telling that I feel are not succeeding, King is always more interested in what's going to happen in the future so effectively every issue is just a set up issue. I am Gotham and NOTMM were only set up for I am Suicide, I am Suicide is set up for I am Bane. So today's issue is set up for tomorrow's and tomorrow's issue sets up the one the day after and so on. Horrible decompression, how many other authors/books can get away with 8 issues for their story to pick some momentum.

Yet, you're going to stick with it, yes? I love your posts @entropy_aegis but your masochism is concerning to all of us...

Because I'm buying trades (which come out in January - yes I can't wait!) I'm still hedging my bets on which Batman book to buy. I'm not a huge fan of the Bat-family normally, and King is getting mixed to poor reviews, so I don't know where to turn. Hopefully King's second arc rights some wrongs and I can go ahead and buy it with confidence. Or maybe I just say yolo and buy it anyway.

#69 Posted by Rurgandy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777: It's been getting good reviews, it's just that a vocal group on fanboys get blinded by "not muh Batman" to realize the themes built up throughout the arc. The first arc was about Batman making a fatal mistake and unknowingly pushing his allies towards tragedy due to his overestimation of them. The second arc is about him taking responsibility, and doing what he can to repair that mistake.

Sad thing is that some fans just get way too caught up with character fanboyism. People hated Morrison and willfully ignored Damian's character development because he was a meanie to Tim that one time, or because Morrison made Jason Todd ugly. People hated Snyder at first for sucking the Batfamily into his stories, and then people hated him for letting the Batfamily go their own ways. Hell, writers like Seeley, King, and Tynion have gotten harassed on social media for stupid reasons like Dick being too sexy or Jason getting beat up or Damian not showing up in a story.

#70 Posted by entropy_aegis (21012 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777: Sorry accidentally flagged you, meant to hit reply.

On topic, I'm in it for Bane, when he's done I'm done.

#71 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Likewise!

Yeaah Bane! I think I'll drop it after the first arc, unless it goes uphill. So, we shall see.

Off topic: what do you recommend me to read from DC?

Currently, I read Batman

All star Batman

RHATO

Hal Jordan and GL corps.

I want to switch Batman with another title (after this arc).

#72 Edited by commissar (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped it after the laughable first issue, but then bought issue #7 for the Night of the Monster Men mess.

(That was a bad move on my part!)

Picking it up again with issue #9 onlyfor Catwoman, but King seems to be handling Selina so poorly its not even funny! (But I can't abandon Selina . . . at least, not yet. I can tolerate cruelty to Catwoman just so much!!!)

#73 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 9 had me then 10 lost me. I dont even care anymore.

#74 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl: Good for you, since issue 11 was awful as well. I dropped it too.

#75 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: Man Batman needs some more writers because now Im down to 0 Batman books.

But I must say Nightwing, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and Redhood is killing it imo.

#76 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: Yeah RhatO was surprisingly good, i love the dark trinity idea. Hope Scott Lobdell can keep it up.

#78 Edited by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

So King's Batman still isn't doing it? I keep holding out hope that it will soon be worth reading. I want some good news.

#79 Posted by commissar (92 posts) - - Show Bio

So King's Batman still isn't doing it? I keep holding out hope that it will soon be worth reading. I want some good news.

It could be one of those runs that reads better in a tpb collection without the breaks between issues.

(But I kind of doubt it.)

#80 Posted by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@commissar: one of the things that I need from a book like that is for it to feel official. In the New 52 when I read Justice League and Aquaman I got a real sense that this was it, major and lasting events in a relevant way to the rest of the DC universe.

With Snyder's Batman it felt like I was reading something that was separate in some way. Like it had nothing to do with what was happening to the Batman in Justice League or any of the events in other books.

Part of this had to do with Damian's death being all but ignored in Snyder's book, things like that. The guy's son dies and barely anything is mentioned in the main book!

What I really want from King's work is a feeling of officiality, because that may make up for some imperfect plotting and characterisation.

My boy Johns set up a heap of great leads in DC Universe Rebirth 1, but my fear is they may not have any follow through by King.

Please advise.

#81 Posted by Aliltron (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Hoping it gets better soon or else I'm dropping it. I really only jumped back on because Catwoman was going to be the co-lead but so far...haven't enjoyed a single thing about this current arc aside from the art.

#82 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6162 posts) - - Show Bio

But I must say Nightwing, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and Redhood is killing it imo.

People need to start picking up Detective Comics again, in February it will start a Cassandra Cain centric-arc, titled: "City Of Shadows" !! i smell the badassness in the air a mile away!...even on the solicitation for Detective Comics 950 Tynion pretty much states that Cass has been taking somewhat of a back-seat so far, due to plot-purposes only, at least that's the idea that i got from reading that solicitation, but coming February sh*t will be real again!

#83 Posted by HauntedGraveyard (252 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Read the latest issue and its so horrible. Everything from the writing to the characterization of catwoman.

SPOILERS BELOW

Catwoman is now a murderous psychopath

Sigh

#84 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl said:

People need to start picking up Detective Comics again, in February it will start a Cassandra Cain centric-arc, titled: "City Of Shadows" !! i smell the badassness in the air a mile away!...even on the solicitation for Detective Comics 950 Tynion pretty much states that Cass has been taking somewhat of a back-seat so far, due to plot-purposes only, at least that's the idea that i got from reading that solicitation, but coming February sh*t will be real again!

Holy sht

Cass :0

Now that intrigues me. I mean. I'm not interested in Batwoman arc. Perhaps, I will pick it up from 950.

#85 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess, Detective witht the recent arc has kinda lost me and the last arc was meh imo. Its still a better than Kings stuff that's for sure

Cass is cool but she doesn't really hold my attention, but I'm glad Cass fans get a arc for their character and I hope its to their liking.

I also dont care much for Kate so I might be dropping it unless something really interesting happens.

#86 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6162 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl: Well, interesting its a good word to define whats being going on...from the whole victim syndicate, to Steph apparently having made a "copy" of Tim Drake just for her, and pretending that its the real one @eto: i guess you could since likewise there won't be much from the current arc that you will need to know for Cassandra's arc, unless someone for the main cast dies or retires now, which its unlikely, i guess that could cause Cass to act werid and being off-her-game, but thats not going to happen.

#87 Edited by commissar (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

People need to start picking up Detective Comics again, in February it will start a Cassandra Cain centric-arc, titled: "City Of Shadows" !! i smell the badassness in the air a mile away!

Unfortunately, I don't really like Tynion's writing.

So, unless they suddenly get a decent guest writer for that arc, I'm still likely to pass on it (unless Cassandra drops the stupid "Orphan" identity and chooses a better one).

#88 Posted by Aliltron (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I had really high hopes for this I Am Suicide arc since Catwoman was coming back, Bane was the villain, and the whole premise of Batman organizing his own "Suicide Squad" to take on Bane sounded incredible. The first arc disappointed me so I dropped it after that arc but then wanted to give this a try. So far...this arc makes I Am Gotham look good. Like many of you said, King isn't good at writing action sequences, the repetitive dialogue is so out of character for Batman. It isn't clever, it's obnoxious. And yeah, don't get me started on how poor his characterization of Catwoman is. It amazes me that this is the same writer who has given us such amazing works such as Omega Men, Vision, and Sheriff of Babylon. This is easily King's worst work yet. Maybe it's the pressure of being handed DC's biggest book? I don't know but the combination of cliche action, boring characters, and terrible characterizations keep this book from being enjoyable. At least to me. Catwoman is one of my favorite characters and to see her treated so poorly is aggravating. And Batman sounds even more like a robot with his repeating lines. I'll finish off this arc to be fair, and if things don't get better, yeah it's getting cut. Ok sorry, I just had to get that out lol.

#89 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl: Well, interesting its a good word to define whats being going on...from the whole victim syndicate, to Steph apparently having made a "copy" of Tim Drake just for her, and pretending that its the real one @eto: i guess you could since likewise there won't be much from the current arc that you will need to know for Cassandra's arc, unless someone for the main cast dies or retires now, which its unlikely, i guess that could cause Cass to act werid and being off-her-game, but thats not going to happen.

I wouldn't use interesting to describe whats going in. This stuff that's going on is expected, not to say it bad but nothing uprising or interesting. The victim syndicate is meh; their just blaming Batman for them getting caught in the crossfire but (so far) failing to see that he has saved countless lives. I get their motivation though, but imo its meh. The stuff with Steph is very expected and not surprising at all, as she was really shaken up by past events and with her having the enemy wiper in her ear all meh. At this point I'm just reading as I got no Bruce centric books in my pull, but its not really holding me.

#90 Posted by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks - I can't imagine not reading a Batman title. Maybe I'll wait until they change writers again.

#91 Edited by commissar (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks - I can't imagine not reading a Batman title.

There's always the world of tpb collections / back issues. (Not to mention all the lighter but still enjoyable stuff that can be found in the comic books that have been published connected to the various animated series in the past.)

#92 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6162 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

People need to start picking up Detective Comics again, in February it will start a Cassandra Cain centric-arc, titled: "City Of Shadows" !! i smell the badassness in the air a mile away!

Unfortunately, I don't really like Tynion's writing.

So, unless they suddenly get a decent guest writer for that arc, I'm still likely to pass on it (unless Cassandra drops the stupid "Orphan" identity and chooses a better one).

But he's really the best writter there is to writte a bat-family story, he is the one with more knowledge on this characters, he once even said that he has read all of Tim Drake's appearences ever, and this team he choosed the members he's a fan of all of them, i'm a fan of all of them too, and with every issue that he writtes with any of them on it, either on Batman and Robin Eternal or on Detective Comics, i can easly see that he has a profund knowledge on all of them and gets all of them, you can see this clearly...people should've learned by now, with the Tom King bold-move that DC made, that being a very good writter by itself comes out short when you're writting some of the most charismatic and most historic heros there is (Batman, Robin, Batgirl, etc) you got to have a very big amount of knowledge on this characters to even have a fighting chance...people on this and on other threads have argued about what failled with King, and while i agree with alot of what people have been saying so far, here's why it mostly failled: King doesn't know and even less gets Batman, his Bane looks cool but lets face it thats not the real Bane, i think its quite obvious that he's clueless about Catwoman, and so on...in a way, people complaining about Damian not appearing on this Batman run, should instead be glad that he doesn't have to be appart of this...Tynion isn't as good "writting-wise" as King, even tho i personally see him as a good writter, and with every issue of Detective coming out he proves me right, ever since Batman and Robin Eternal started he hasn't let me down so far.

#93 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6162 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

I wouldn't use interesting to describe whats going in. This stuff that's going on is expected, not to say it bad but nothing uprising or interesting. The victim syndicate is meh; their just blaming Batman for them getting caught in the crossfire but (so far) failing to see that he has saved countless lives. I get their motivation though, but imo its meh. The stuff with Steph is very expected and not surprising at all, as she was really shaken up by past events and with her having the enemy wiper in her ear all meh. At this point I'm just reading as I got no Bruce centric books in my pull, but its not really holding me.

The victim syndicate so far looks quite dangerous but more than the threat istself i find it awesome because its a different type of threat, a different villain, from the ones we see every week on any title...Steph is going over the edge and Batman understands this and has to choose his next moves carefully, we're seeing lots of cool characterization here...yeah, considering that this is a bat-team book, if you're looking for a book where ist all about Bruce, then maybe this one is not for you, although Bruce is very participant on this story and the others as well, as much as he can be, considering that it was stated that the first arc was a Batwoman-centric-arc, this one is a Steph-centric arc, and the next one starting on February with Detective Comics 950 will be a Cassandra-Cain-centric-arc...so at best he gets to be the second most important character on any of these arcs, although on "Night Of The Monster Men" Bruce was the main character, and its likely that after Cassandra's arc concludes we will get a Bruce-centric-arc.

#94 Edited by commissar (92 posts) - - Show Bio
@bat_girl_cc said:

But he's really the best writter there is to writte a bat-family story, he is the one with more knowledge on this characters, he once even said that he has read all of Tim Drake's appearences ever, and this team he choosed the members he's a fan of all of them, i'm a fan of all of them too, and with every issue that he writtes with any of them on it, either on Batman and Robin Eternal or on Detective Comics, i can easly see that he has a profund knowledge on all of them and gets all of them, you can see this clearly...people should've learned by now, with the Tom King bold-move that DC made, that being a very good writter by itself comes out short when you're writting some of the most charismatic and most historic heros there is (Batman, Robin, Batgirl, etc) you got to have a very big amount of knowledge on this characters to even have a fighting chance...people on this and on other threads have argued about what failled with King, and while i agree with alot of what people have been saying so far, here's why it mostly failled: King doesn't know and even less gets Batman, his Bane looks cool but lets face it thats not the real Bane, i think its quite obvious that he's clueless about Catwoman, and so on...in a way, people complaining about Damian not appearing on this Batman run, should instead be glad that he doesn't have to be appart of this...Tynion isn't as good "writting-wise" as King, even tho i personally see him as a good writter, and with every issue of Detective coming out he proves me right, ever since Batman and Robin Eternal started he hasn't let me down so far.

You're you. If you like his writing, that's nice.

I don't have a very positive view of his "writing" and really wish he would just go away and mishandle some franchise I don't give a $#!^ about (like maybe the Green Lantern books, or stuff at Marvel).

#95 Edited by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

The victim syndicate so far looks quite dangerous but more than the threat istself i find it awesome because its a different type of threat, a different villain, from the ones we see every week on any title...Steph is going over the edge and Batman understands this and has to choose his next moves carefully, we're seeing lots of cool characterization here...yeah, considering that this is a bat-team book, if you're looking for a book where ist all about Bruce, then maybe this one is not for you, although Bruce is very participant on this story and the others as well, as much as he can be, considering that it was stated that the first arc was a Batwoman-centric-arc, this one is a Steph-centric arc, and the next one starting on February with Detective Comics 950 will be a Cassandra-Cain-centric-arc...so at best he gets to be the second most important character on any of these arcs, although on "Night Of The Monster Men" Bruce was the main character, and its likely that after Cassandra's arc concludes we will get a Bruce-centric-arc.

The Victim Syndicate is dangerous and all no doubt but there not all to interesting; Like I said their just blaming Batman without knowing he makes an effort to save everyone even the victims and goes beyond that as Bruce Wayne covering all the bases he can. Also to add there just variations of Bruce's rogues, that doesn't make them bad but for me its not overly intriguing.

Steph's reaction is expected and the characterization Ill give you is good; Id love for Bruce to respond to some of the things everyone is yelling at him instead of staying quite; but I get it he understands everyone is hurt.

The book doesn't necessarily have to be Bruce centrist for me to enjoy; just that I enjoy Bruce in the book. In detective he is OK. In this arc he definitely is getting more focus where as last if I'm honest he really didn't need to be there. I understood that this was a batfamily book from the start,and that each family member is getting focus i'm fine with that.

Man Night of the Monster Men sucked.

Like i said I'm here just reading because Batman is sucking in All Star his Main Title. This book has me because I find Bruce in this book to be ok but the overall stories are losing me as their not that interesting from what I read so far and the future stuff coming up isn't all that interesting.

#96 Edited by galeme (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Gotham and Night of the Monster Men was good but I am Bane is awful and I am Suicide is literally the worst Batman story i've ever read.

In general i'm looking forward for Tom King to write unmainstream characters which he can do whatever he wants like he did in Vision.

#97 Posted by dirkgently90 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only read the first few issues, but from what I'm reading here I might switch Bat titles. It's already a little boring and the idea of replacing a robin with someone else because they're black annoys me. Leave that kind of lazy writing to Marvel. They could have a black robin or a girl robin for all I care, but they've got to have the outfit and the name.

#98 Edited by HauntedGraveyard (252 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason it sucks is because some of these writers are Snyder as$kissers.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#99 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4734 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Gotham and the Rebirth one shot were good but I am Suicide and Rooftops were fairly mediocre. I am Bane and The Button seemed to have upped the quality and I've greatly enjoyed both stories lets hope the quality stays that way.

King's a fantastic writer but he had a bit of a stumble in finding his footing on Batman but it seemingly looks like he found it.

Hoping the epilogue to I am Bane, The Elmer Fudd one shot and the War of Jokes and Riddles bring out more of the King we've come to know and love.

#100 Posted by TDK_1997 (18938 posts) - - Show Bio

With The Button and The Brave and the Mold, I must say, King has upped his game and he is finally getting a grasp of writing Batman but he still isn't exactly there. However, my hope for a bright future for King's run has returned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.