Follow

Batman Villains

Concept » Batman Villains appears in 772 issues.

The Dark Knight's rogues gallery is the baddies that make Batman's crime-fighting life the burden that it is. A group as colorful as it is diabolical.

Injustice: Gods Among Us 2: Must-Have Batman Villains

• 87 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

A sequel to the awesome fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us hasn't been officially confirmed just yet, but considering how successful it was and just how amazingly well the comic series has been selling, it's pretty tough to believe we won't eventually get a second game. Now, a common complaint we saw for the first game is, "there are too many Batman characters!" Yeah, there's a fair amount of Batman characters in there (eight out of the thirty if you're counting Deathstroke) and the DC universe has dozens upon dozens of combatants that are full of potential. From Vixen to Swamp Thing, there's so many heroes and villains we'd love to see on the roster. However, this month's theme is "Batman Villains" here on Comic Vine, so we can't help but think about which Dark Knight foes we'd love to play as in the potential sequel. Characters like Deadshot, Killer Croc, and Mr. Freeze of course come to mind, but there's five other fiends that we'd really, really, reaaaaally want to control.

Hush

No Caption Provided

When Injustice: Gods Among Us announced it would have multiple DLC characters, I was one of the many fans screaming, "RED HOOD!" Why, you ask? Because he has so much potential in a fighting game! From the solid hand-to-hand skills to the variety of firearms and gadgets, he just seems like an obvious choice and someone the developer could have a bunch of fun creating. Well, the same logic applies to Hush. Instead of the plethora of gear, there's an extra emphasis on how he puts those two pistols to use. So many of us can't help but love gunslingers. "Then why isn't Deadshot on this list? WHY?!" I love Floyd, but he's all about firearms. He's not exactly know for his hand-to-hand capabilities. They could make him work, but Hush is formidable at a distance and up close.

Sure, Deathstroke already uses guns -- and a ginormous sword -- but the developers could have a blast with Hush putting his two pistols to use. From utilizing them in point blank special moves (imagine him kneecapping his opponent and then kicking them away) to a few ways he can use them at a distance (direct shot; a barrage; firing to cover a wider area), there's a whole lot of ways the developers can make those guns exciting to use. And the appeal of playing as Hush isn't limited to "the dude has pistols." I mean, that's a big part of it, but he could have a sweet variety of explosives on him. While we comic fans may know him well enough (and maybe even big Arkham fans), many casual gamers have no idea who this guy is. So, his inclusion could be a neat way to incorporate another layer of Batman's history into the game. He's yet to play a critical role in a video game, so maybe the story mode can put him to good use.

Clayface

No Caption Provided

A big guy who can turn his hands into all kinds of dangerous melee weapons or shapeshift into other combatants? How can he not be an awesome playable character? Clayface has the potential to be one of the more complex and difficult to learn characters, but when you do master him, it'll be incredibly satisfying. The ability to change into other characters means you can act accordingly if someone is being cheap with a certain combatant. If you know what's needed to counter and humiliate them, you can have that at your disposal. Or if you want to just remain as Clayface and let loose with crazy fists, that's always an option, too. From a boost that can significantly reduce the amount of damage you receive from melee attacks to sticking your enemy's feet to the ground, this powerhouse has the potential to unleash an amazing diversity of attacks and would be an excellent choice in the hands of any very talented player.

Poison Ivy

No Caption Provided

Poison Ivy may not be known for having impressive hand-to-hand abilities, but who needs that when you have powers that are way more effective than your fists and feet? She'd of course still have basic and cool looking melee attacks, but it's her powers that could turn her into a jaw-dropping playable character. How fun would it be using vines and what not to grab your enemies and smash them against the ground? Or to hold them in place and leave them completely vulnerable? Or to knock them back via a ranged attack? She could even have a poisonous move that slowly takes away an enemy's health. As if all that's not enough, another special attack could take control of her enemies -- an attack which would alter their controls (making it more difficult for them to fight) or it could even make the enemies hurt themselves. "Stop punching yourself!" And that's just me taking a few minutes to think about how entertaining her move list could be. Now imagine what the developers with plenty of time could accomplish with this villain.

Prometheus

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the most obvious choice on the list, readers. Simply put, Prometheus is perfect for a fighting game. He's able to dish out plenty of different fighting styles (he can have a "Batman move," a "Lady Shiva move," so on and so on), fire blasts from his gauntlets, strike with melee weapons, and even use lights on his helmet to put someone in a trance, leaving them temporarily open to attacks. This is the kind of character who can be effective no matter where he is on the stage and a gifted player could use Prometheus to land some astonishing combos. This may not be a well-known character to non-comic fans, but he sure has the potential to be fighter that everyone would love to use. Maybe -- just maybe -- that would motivate them to check out a comic with the villain.

Zsasz

No Caption Provided

Zsasz may not be as elaborate or as powerful as the other characters on this list, but sometimes less can be more. A dude who's an expert with knives and he's seriously aggressive? That paves the way for some of the most vicious melee attacks this game has to offer. It's not like he'd be limited to close quarters combat, either. He'd be able to throw the sharp weapons or even lunge at his opponents knives first. Now that would be harsh. I mean, this guy has the potential to be ridiculously brutal and his knife combos could be staggering. Having only knives may seem like it limits what he can do, but a creative developer can find more than a few ways to stun us with how the violent villain utilizes them. Since Zsasz has a pretty high pain tolerance, he could even have a boost that temporarily prevents him being being knocked down or increases his own damage with knives. Zsasz isn't as skilled or as varied as the other characters here, but with the right people creating his move list, he could be one of the most savage and relentless combatants in the game.

Aside from the already playable ones, which Batman villains would you like to see in a potential Injustice: Gods Among Us sequel? Go the extra mile and tell us what you think their special moves should be, too!

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Killer croc only because I want to see him throw a rock.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I agree on Clayface & poison ivy, maybe croc as well, idk about the rest.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Scarecrow, Mr freeze, and Killer Croc too.

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Prometheus would be cool if literally all of his moves were composed of other characters'. And maybe his character ability would also be another's but each time he uses it it becomes a new one.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy is all anyone needs. In fact, cut everyone and just have variations of Poison Ivy.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zaied  Online

Prometheus would make a good Mokujin-type character.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Poison Ivy is all anyone needs. In fact, cut everyone and just have variations of Poison Ivy.

and instead of brawling, make them wrestle!

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks. Injustice had too batman characters. Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, the Joker and Damian Wayne (as a skin of course). Too much Bats, not enough diversity.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GodOfMischief

I know his powers are pretty much the same as The Flash, but I would love to see Reverse-Flash (Eobard Thawne) in the sequel. As for his power trait I would give him some short burst of time manipulation, so the player could maybe rewind a few seconds prior to an attack and avoid damage while gaining back a little health. I'm not sure if his powers quite work like that, so I apologise for any inconsistencies.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks. Injustice had too batman characters. Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, the Joker and Damian Wayne (as a skin of course). Too much Bats, not enough diversity.

I agree, I would choose newer cast members around that as opposed to popularity. I would want Atrocitus though.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By MannEffest

Solid arguments, but the only one I really want to see out of these that would bring something different in terms of fighting style would be Poison Ivy and possibly Clayface. However, the Batman villain that I've always wanted to be in the game would be Scarecrow. While he would definitely not be a power house, I think his ability to disorient and manipulate his opponent (and in turn the environment and arena), would be visually fascinating to watch! Plus with this bigger push from Batman: Arkham City that he is getting, it would be a great way to continue that push from DC.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I would like them to transition Bane into a bit more of the skilled fighter he is instead of the brawler/wrestler he was in Injustice. I think Ra's Al Ghul would be fun too.

While Hush would be pretty cool, and everyone on the list has valid reasons, I really would prefer more outside Batfam characters. Black Canary is a must, and Beast Boy has a lot of potential for fun gameplay.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No more Batman in most things would be nice; use stuff from other places. Count Vertigo, Klarion, King Shark, Bronze Tiger!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k4tzm4n  Moderator
    Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
    AquamanIsTheBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By AquamanIsTheBest

There were too freaking many bat villains in the first one, they can take a hike!

Enrique31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enrique31

Its already enough batman chracters and variations in the game. The only one i think should be added is poison ivy. I wouldn't mind seeing some more green lantern foes or allies. Especially Larfleeze!

Characters that should be added:

Starfire

Doctor Fate

Beast Boy

Mera

Darkseid (to console version)

Big Barda

Spectre

Raven (please redo her, she's ugly as sh*t)

Super girl

Power girl

Red hood

Artocitus

Reverse Flash

Black Canary

Huntress

Batwoman

Deadman

John Constantine

Swamp thing

Phantom Stranger

Scarecrow ( as a yellow lantern and a variation to Sinestro)

They wouldnt even have to tie them into stroy mode, they could just make some of them extra characters that you can earn or pay $10.00 more when you purchase the game

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clayface yes

Prometheus Yes

Hush maybe

Zsasz, sorry but no..just no

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

=@enrique31 said:

Its already enough batman chracters and variations in the game.The only one i think should be added is poison ivy. I wouldn't mind seeing some more green lantern foes or allies. Especially Larfleeze!

Starfire

Doctor Fate

Beast Boy

Mera

Big Barda

Spectre

Super girl

Power girl

Red hood

Artocitus

Reverse Flash

Black Canary

Huntress

Batwoman

Deadman

John Constantine

Swamp thing

Phantom Stranger

They wouldnt even have to tie them into stroy mode, they could just make some of them extra characters that you can earn or pay $10.00 more when you purchase the game

HMMMMMMM?

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clayface definitely. Also, I support having Donna Troy as an addition to the heroes.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By abeyance

Its Injustice:Gods Among Us, not Batman:Detective Among Us jeez. I get he is the most popular DC hero, but let some others shine when opportunity presents itself. I like this series for putting the spotlight on other league members and their enemies. I would like to see Circe/Giganta for Wonder Woman, Star Sapphire/Manhunter for Green Lantern, H'el/Parasite for Superman and bring in more diverse heroes like Icon and Katana. We also have to remember the premise of the first game was things taking place in an alternate dimension. Yeah Batman was the leader of the resistance and Dictator Supes was weakened (put not depowered). The new game could happen on Earth Prime with evil Supes getting freed by Slave Doomsday. CounterBatman (i dont know what else to call him) makes it to Earth Prime to warn all evil Supes is back and rebuilt his army. This time he is coming to Earth Prime to deal with the Justice League. Or just make Injustice2 revolve around the Crime Syndicate/Forever Evil storyline. Again....no more Batman villains needed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@abeyance said:

Its Injustice:Gods Among Us, not Batman:Detective Among Us jeez. I get he is the most popular DC hero, but let some others shine when opportunity presents itself. I like this series for putting the spotlight on other league members and their enemies. I would like to see Circe/Giganta for Wonder Woman, Star Sapphire/Manhunter for Green Lantern, H'el/Parasite for Superman and bring in more diverse heroes like Icon and Katana. We also have to remember the premise of the first game was things taking place in an alternate dimension. Yeah Batman was the leader of the resistance and Dictator Supes was weakened (put not depowered). The new game could happen on Earth Prime with evil Supes getting freed by Slave Doomsday. CounterBatman (i dont know what else to call him) makes it to Earth Prime to warn all evil Supes is back and rebuilt his army. This time he is coming to Earth Prime to deal with the Justice League. Or just make Injustice2 revolve around the Crime Syndicate/Forever Evil storyline. Again....no more Batman villains needed.

NO! THE POINT OF THIS ARTICLE IS TO SAY A MAJORITY OF NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE BAT VILLAINS! NOT THAT BAT VILLAINS ARE THE LATEST THEME OF THE MONTH AND WE THINK ANY OF THEM COULD BE A GOOD ADDITION!

Let me turn sarcasm off for a second, though. I honestly think it's not logical to believe a potential sequel wouldn't add at least one more Bat-family character. I'd love to see several non-Batman characters, but at least one more joining the roster just seems very likely. Whether it's a villain has yet to be seen, but considering his villains are the site's current theme, I thought this is a fun way of saying potential options that we'd enjoy controlling; not that all of them must be included and take away most spots from others. It's also giving some love to some of the Bat foes who weren't in the other Batman villain articles we've created.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I want another Injustice....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#24  Edited By Teerack

The only one I'd want them to put time into is Ivy because she has also been a Bird of Prey. I would be massively disappointed if they wasted a character slot on any of the others you mentioned. There are still too many characters I wanted to see but never got to. They still never even made a Kyle Raynor skin for Hal Jordan.

The coolest thing they could do in Injustice 2 would be to have more international characters like Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Maxima, Guy Gardner(Red), etc. Maybe just not making everything DC so Batman centric and try and focus on the entire universe...

bobgillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zsasz's victory pose would have to be him cutting a new tally mark on his skin.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do a Batman only fighting game. Batman has a large family and huge rogues gallery. It could work.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enrique31: On the Raven being ugly part, ehh netherealms studio isn't really good with making their characters designs look good. Superman looked like he was 50 yrs old, Wonder Woman was a hermaphrodite and Harley Quinn looked like a gothic lesbo.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Killer Croc or Black Mask are must haves for me; however, I feel like Injustice had way to many Batman characters.

Throw in:

• Parasite
    • Mongul
    • Metallo
    • Gorilla Grodd
    • Big Barda
    • Darkseid
    • General Wade Eiling
    • Helspont
    • Orion
    • Black Manta

Etc.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who keep complaining about tooany Batman characters in the game need to calm down.

This isn't a list of who's going to be in the game. It's a list of Batman characters who would be cool in the game.

I agree that there were tooany Batman characters but that doesn't stop me from seeing that there are other Batcharacters that would hypothetically be cool if they were in the game.

For me:

Prometheus

Zsasz

Black Mask

Anarky

Two-Face

Penguin

Scarecrow

I think it'd be cool if they had a Batman villain DLC pack with like, 5 or so villains.

It'd be even cooler if they also had a DLC villain pack for Superman and Flash too.

Oh and a Watchmen pack. I'd pay $200 for the Watchmen.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're going Batman villains, then I want to see one of the Talons in play.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NightFang3  Online

Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Killer Croc need to be in Injustice 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can definitely see Prometheus being in MK. There's alot of potential fight moves in a character with such a diverse fighting style.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

No Killer Moth ?

Bologna

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Batman villains I want playable in a Injustice sequel: Ra's ah Ghul, Hush, Talon (William Cobb), Lincoln March, & Killer Croc. I'm not a big Killer Croc fan but it would be interesting to see him playable. As far as other villains are concerned, I be interested to see the Crime Syndicate playable. DOn't know how that will work. Other villains I want in the sequel: DARKSEID, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman as his own character might be interesting, Reverse Flash, Wraith, Helspont, Captain Cold, Hel, First Born, DARKSEID.

Overall I want at least these 5 villains in the next Injustice Game.

1. DARKSEID: Playable on the CONSOLE
    2. Brainiac: Be sure to have his spaceship in his special.
    3. Ra's al Ghul
    4. Talon (William Cobb)
    5. Reverse Flash
    MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By MachoMustachio
    Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman should take a seat in I:GAU2, only exceptions to be added should be Poison Ivy and Red Hood.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Na, none of those are must-haves as far as I am concerned.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ghost_rider_888
    ghost_rider_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

screw zsasz , we need killer croc

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Its already enough batman chracters and variations in the game. The only one i think should be added is poison ivy. I wouldn't mind seeing some more green lantern foes or allies. Especially Larfleeze!

Starfire

Doctor Fate

Beast Boy

Mera

Big Barda

Spectre

Super girl

Power girl

Red hood

Artocitus

Reverse Flash

Black Canary

Huntress

Batwoman

Deadman

John Constantine

Swamp thing

Phantom Stranger

Scarecrow can't appear in the games because he died in the comic.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman: Batman Batman Batman 2

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@outside_85 said:

Na, none of those are must-haves as far as I am concerned.

Well, which Batman villains would you like as playable?

(And no, I'm not interested in the non-Bat villains you'd want to see :P )

@bobgillinger said:

Zsasz's victory pose would have to be him cutting a new tally mark on his skin.

Didn't even think of that one! Nice.

@thecomedian_ said:

People who keep complaining about tooany Batman characters in the game need to calm down.

This isn't a list of who's going to be in the game. It's a list of Batman characters who would be cool in the game.

I agree that there were tooany Batman characters but that doesn't stop me from seeing that there are other Batcharacters that would hypothetically be cool if they were in the game.

For me:

Prometheus

Zsasz

Black Mask

Anarky

Two-Face

Penguin

Scarecrow

I think it'd be cool if they had a Batman villain DLC pack with like, 5 or so villains.

It'd be even cooler if they also had a DLC villain pack for Superman and Flash too.

Oh and a Watchmen pack. I'd pay $200 for the Watchmen.

You -- you get it! I like you! If you could have that "Batman villain DLC pack" with 5, which 5 would you want it to include?

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know we're talking about Batman villains but how about Superman villains?

Brainiac and Mr. Mxyzptlk could offer a lot of cool gameplay variety.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there enough Batman villains in Injustice?

Beata

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Prometheus would make a great playable character

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glemerald924 said:

I agree, I would choose newer cast members around that as opposed to popularity. I would want Atrocitus though.

I agree with both of you guys. The main two characters I want to see are Atrocitus and Blue Beetle.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RustyRoy

I agree with the picks

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100% Agree that Prometheus should be in the next Injustice. I want Booster Gold and Blue Beetle in as well.

I don't have an issue with as many Batman characters in the game as others seem to, and I would hate to see anyone from the previous roster (including DLC characters) removed from the second game. There's no reason why we can't have an MvC2 style roster with just as many characters as you can throw into the game as is feasible.

It's too bad I suck at fighting games :(

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva, Wrath (Caldwell), Firefly, Red Hood, Black Mask, Freeze, Hush.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wouldnt count Damian Wayne, even as a skin. It was just red Nightwing and didn't take up a character slot. Story-wise, yeah his own character. Gameplay-wise, nah.

If we're going Bats villains only, I think Ivy is the only "must". The ones already in the game are pretty much "musts" too and then that'd just be too many Bats villains. Unless you remove Joker and make him the main boss or something. Then you could maybe add Lady Shiva.

I always thought of Prometheus more as a general/JL villain than Bats villain. If we're talking just new villains in general, I'd like to see some mix of Prometheus, a Rogue or two, Black Manta, First Born, Cheetah, Chesire, and Count Vertigo (or Merlin if they can make his move set unique from Green Arrow's).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.