Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

"Zack Snyder loves Superman, and Batman v Superman proves it"

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/29/zack-snyder-loves-superman-and-batman-v-superman-proves-it/#70e3b19f258e

Very informative.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Interesting read. I noticed those themes in the movie. As I stated in my opinion post, I simply think Snyder set up Superman to be the inspiration for the JL and this generation of heroes with BvS. I just think he and WB bit off more than they can chew and didn't execute the plot advancement, characterization and theme well. The movie didn't really drive home the important points. And that's why someone had to write an article explaining what the movie should have made obvious. And it's why so many others have written articles denigrating the movie.

About the article itself:

Near the end, the article reads, "...since everyone is entitled to their opinion and to their preferences. No one preference is better than another, and we shouldn’t defend this film in a way that claims other people’s preferences and views are 'wrong' or 'not true fans' and so on." But he follows this in the next paragraph with, "And any serious assessment of the film should recognize this, and address it, otherwise those reviews and assessments are quite frankly shallow in their examination and very mistaken in their conclusions." Additionally, he started the article with, "This assertion hinges on such a dramatic misreading of the film, I’m frankly stunned that even some otherwise typically smart and insightful writers have bought into this myth and perpetuated it." It's fine if this is what he thinks, but don't say you think others are entitled to their opinion if you're going to insult those who have a different opinion.

ConnorKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman in this animation would disagree with this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7b8uHiNcQ

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Interesting read. I noticed those themes in the movie. As I stated in my opinion post, I simply think Snyder set up Superman to be the inspiration for the JL and this generation of heroes with BvS. I just think he and WB bit off more than they can chew and didn't execute the plot advancement, characterization and theme well. The movie didn't really drive home the important points. And that's why someone had to write an article explaining what the movie should have made obvious. And it's why so many others have written articles denigrating the movie.

About the article itself:

Near the end, the article reads, "...since everyone is entitled to their opinion and to their preferences. No one preference is better than another, and we shouldn’t defend this film in a way that claims other people’s preferences and views are 'wrong' or 'not true fans' and so on." But he follows this in the next paragraph with, "And any serious assessment of the film should recognize this, and address it, otherwise those reviews and assessments are quite frankly shallow in their examination and very mistaken in their conclusions." Additionally, he started the article with, "This assertion hinges on such a dramatic misreading of the film, I’m frankly stunned that even some otherwise typically smart and insightful writers have bought into this myth and perpetuated it." It's fine if this is what he thinks, but don't say you think others are entitled to their opinion if you're going to insult those who have a different opinion.

I think he means everyone is entitled to their opinion on the film's OVERALL quality, but when it comes to it's theme, message, and plot, you can definitely be wrong.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I totally agree with this. Batman and Lex were both the villains of this movie, but Batman turned back toward the light. The entire movie was the cynicism of humanity against the optiism of Superman, and it really causes him to question whether he's doing the right thing.

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a really good article.

I concur. What's weird is all I hear about is how great Batman is and how this is essentially a Batman movie, but I think this article shows how Supes was honored and had his own well thought out perspectives captured on screen. Love or hate Snyder, I enjoy the discussion that is sparked by his two most recent movies. People still debate MOS to this day, and I think BvS will be debated up to JL.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By adrikito

Batman v Superman have won more than 783 millions in this moment(more than Deadpool 755)..Of course Zack love them

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/batman-v-superman-jungle-book-box-office-1201749921/

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I wish I could believe this.... but I just can't.

comicfan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By comicfan42

It's not a poorly written article, but it's not very well done film analysis. The author is taking subtext only from his own ideas, not from anything the film actually offers up through it's own narrative. Superman has no emotional or character arc within the set confines of the movie that Snyder and his team presented to the audience. This lack of any sort of explicit character building could be redeemed in a superior film with a compelling story or using Superman to illustrate some sort of grander theme or idea. Neither of these are present in the current cut of B v S, Superman has neither an opinion or clear goal as the movie chugs along and then illogically dies against a poorly explained and animated threat. The funeral scenes are only there to set up a Justice League film and a last ditch attempt to appeal to any pathos the viewer has left after the bludgeoning this movie throws at you.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could believe this.... but I just can't.

Same here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@adrikito said:

Batman v Superman have won more than 783 millions in this moment(more than Deadpool 755)..Of course Zack love them

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/batman-v-superman-jungle-book-box-office-1201749921/

Box office totals doesn't equal character appreciation. Bay's Transformer's make more money and he's known as the man who ruined the Transformers franchise to the fans. Same case here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.