Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Why Jesse Eisenberg's 'Batman v Superman' Comments Are Important

• 87 results
    righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's a difference between being dark and being serious. A bunch of children dying in a bus crash is dark. Heroes taking what they do seriously and actually having obstacles to get past isn't dark.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why so serious, Batman v Superman?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC > Marvel

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Not gonna say anything until I see the movie.

~MiB

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah man. Y'all actin like DC has bee on a tear or something. Outside of Batman Begins and TDK, it's been meh. So let's start at MoS. It was okay but I have to actually see them rock the house first.

I've disliked some of the MCU stuff (Thor 1 and 2 and IM2 to be exact) but overall their quality can't be denied. Now add in AoS and the Defenders stuff on Netflix - all existing in the same MCU - and you have a Universe on par with an actual comicbook Universe. Sorry to let my fanboy show, but how can comic fans hate on what MCU has done?

In fact, DCCU will be creeping through the door that was kicked open by MCU.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people like Jessie Eisenberg. The Social network wasnt that great, and his Lex Luther looks awful.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By KritikalMassX

I like what I'm hearing.

Am I the only one who likes the fact that they will not be like Marvel?

Well, the DCEU never have any intention to be like Marvel anyway...Personally, as I said before, I'm OK with Marvel movies showing jokes and being comical, even in serious times and I'm also OK with the fact with DC movies now want to take a more grittier approach. However, I really don't want every CBM to get the Batman treatment..I kinda like to have superheroes to have his/her own personality (not saying that Bats doesn't have one himself). There's a reason why Spiderman uses quips when fighting bad guys and saving the day, why Star-Lord plays The Pina Colada Song on his Walkman, why Iron Man comes off as smug but has a good attitude. Although, I'd like to see what kind of direction they might do with The Flash when he gets his own movie.

With that said, I still think Snyder is doing a good job with BvS and I'm sure he won't disappoint.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By CurrentThor2015

Cant wait until Batman somehow beats Superman via PIS and popularity points.

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: With respect, you're in a VERY small minority if you think TDK suffers from anything, sir.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Eisenberg hate continues.

You people.

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: Recently DC seems to be a lot more silly, and Marvel seems to be going back to a more serious root. Honestly the two publishers seem to switch sides at nearly the same time.

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Are what? I don't really know what you're glad about, I wrote a lot, sorry.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@kervan21 said:

@mark_stephen: With respect, you're in a VERY small minority if you think TDK suffers from anything, sir.

The Joker was everywhere and had all the resources he needed in that movie. He knew what was going to happen in way that just got too ridiculous for me. It was as if he had a time machine that showed him everything everybody was going to do.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Are what? I don't really know what you're glad about, I wrote a lot, sorry.

That the characters are different in the movie than the comic.

Jumdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: I have a feeling it's mostly because as you get deeper into sets of film the writers and or directors feel they can take more liberty and kind of be more loose AoU for example. While you have the reverse case with The first Avenger to Winter Soldier which in my opinion did a really good job of being funny and solid at the same time. I visualize that street fight between Cap and WinSoldier all the time. Just vicious!

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sure, because "do you bleed" isn´t a one liner.

cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex has always been funny while being his typically grim and paranoid self. I think Jesse will pull off the Luthor charisma, giving us wit to often harsh truths.

Obviously any Batman movie is going to crush. Man of steel had mixed critic reviews (56% rotten tomatoes) and a majority of audience enjoyment (76% rotten tomatoes). They will definitely make their estimated $200 million budget back considering Man of Steel made $668 million worldwide. Batman and Superman have great name recognition worldwide, I won't be surprised if this is the biggest movie ever.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you know about Superman....you cannot say ''realism'' and ''Superman'' in the same phrase without going '' huh ? ''.

Sure tone is darker but darker not always mean ''more realistic''. That is a sad misconception really.

Heck if this is the criteria of Realism, Invincible should be considered an autobiography !

Thats why I enjoyed Marvel's approach. They made the movies with ''characters'' and not ''people who act like the characters''.

That is what I have a problem with. Getting too obsessed with 'realism' will make you lose your focus on the world of these characters and who they are. They are SUPER freaking HEROES. Without that background, these movies would be considered over-the-top action movies. Dark Knight was succesful because it took a closer look into Batman and yet aside from Joker , I didn't like the 'villians'' at all in the trilogy. They all felt like the usual Terrorists with their Bombs and such. The strength of Batman was his villians in comics, people who were WIDELY different. And even with Joker and his amazing portrayal, his plan to blow things up and Talia/Bane's plans of ...again blow Gotham....are the freaking same. Guess what ? That what realism brings. Uninteresting ,everyday stuff that is not really something I would wanna watch. I want to watch something I can't hear it every day on News.

Besides, without Comical stuff...what is the point of calling it a ''Comic book movie''...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I lost a bit of my excitement for this today when I read an article indicating that WB was insisting on a recut to make the movie yet another Bat wank. I love Batman but he doesn't have to dominate everything.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked the newest trailer I've seen for MOS. Eisenberg's line about "devils coming from the sky" was really awesome, imo.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cloudzackvincent

People are acting like taking a character in a different direction from the way they are usually portrayed in the books is such a bad thing. How accurate to their comic book versions were the fan favorites like RDJ's Iron Man and Heath Ledger's Joker? Bottomline give the guy a chance before playing Roger Ebert based on 2 lines in a trailer.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@jayc1324 said:

@outside_85: Hiddleston's Loki isn't even that quirky. Remember his conversation with Black Widow in Avengers while he was in the cell

Well, thats pretty much the exception to the rule, one of the few times he was menacing rather than cheeky.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: I agree.

I like how DC is darker, action and story driven.

Marvel is more comedic, cartoony and action. I like the differences.

Plus I just can't take a main villain that "seriously" who does a "dance off" to save the universe I mean..really? Just try to picture Superman or even Booster Gold or Flash doing a "dance off with Darkseid or Brainiac" I just don't see that. Works for Marvel, would not work for DC lol

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumdor said:

@killraven4334: I have a feeling it's mostly because as you get deeper into sets of film the writers and or directors feel they can take more liberty and kind of be more loose AoU for example. While you have the reverse case with The first Avenger to Winter Soldier which in my opinion did a really good job of being funny and solid at the same time. I visualize that street fight between Cap and WinSoldier all the time. Just vicious!

Winter Soldier was great, really was one of the best Marvel movies

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If the movie is serious yet has wit and humor like Winter Soldier then I'm fine with the movie. The trailers however make BvS seem dull and witless.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By laabitres

im excited for the film and im liking the approach Dc is taking for their films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I can't even be bothered to respond to these comments anymore. He sounds so arrogant that it's actually putting me off the film. Oh and all the people complaining about Marvel should technically be happy that they were successful. Without the MCU we wouldn't even have a DCEU and WB would be fine with doing a batman reboot every ten minutes.

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
    anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero said:

Because there has never been a successful entry that made the DC Universe seem grim?

No Caption Provided

this.

anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero said:

Because there has never been a successful entry that made the DC Universe seem grim?

No Caption Provided

this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Also when he tried to commit genocide on the frost giants, and when he was fighting Thor in the first movie and threatened to kill Jane, and when he got rid of Odin and took over Asgard, and when he tried to take over earth, made that crowd in Germany bow down to him in Avengers, and when he let Laufey into Odin's chambers and then slaughtered him. I don't find him cheeky at all.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: What is everyone's probelm with that line? I dont understand why people hate it so much. I feel like that it fits Luthor's personality of an egotistical prick.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@lurkero @anarrowintheheart10:I can do better.

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of this matters. Zach Snyder is still the director.

It will be edgy... it will be angst-y... it will be dark...

and it will be dumb.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another god damned superman movie that has luthor and zod in it. stomach ben fleck stinking up a super hero movie is one thing but I have very little hope for this brooding pile of crap. What's next? a cameo by ryan reynolds GL?

Jumdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jumdor

@luciferjonez: HAHAHA!!! OMG your like my inner hate man I swear I ROFLed and I never use that cause I hate rofl. I mean your like what my inner voice says all the time, but I try not to be negative. =P

anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: hardly...

you are comparing an acclaimed comic like dark knight returns to injustice?

and besides there is no question about if superman can defeat batman he can just he wont cause he's a boyscout.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was written by this guy, Chris Terrio — this is like his first movie after Argo. He’s just this brilliant writer of characters. So this movie is, you know, it’s not like a kind of cartoonish superhero movie. It’s this very serious and well acted, well written, well directed movie. It’s really phenomenal.

I have to say, this comment does annoy me - not so much because it could be construed as insulting to Marvel films or other comic book films in general but more because its the most generic kind of promotional thing that people in comic book films have been saying since Burton's Batman. There are films like Kick-Ass or Green Lantern which wont try to make any kind of claims of being "proper movies" but seriously, in the run up to pretty much every other comic book film actors/producers/directors have marvelled about "how deep" this movie is - with proper dialogue and everything!!!

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are including Daredevil, then include supergirl too as that would provide the cartoony element

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.