What was the worst part of Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice?

Posted by BigBadPunisher (102 posts) 3 years, 1 month ago

Poll: What was the worst part of Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice? (36 votes)

Lex Luthor acting like the Riddler. 42%
Batman kills people. 8%
Superman doesn't care about people. 8%
Flash/Cyborg/Aquaman scene 6%
Martha is his mommy's name! 36%
#1 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the above.

The worst part for me was Clark being Bruce's punching bag for a good 5-10 minutes.

#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio

The internet. Everything in the actual movie was fine to great.

#3 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal_smahboi: really? everything? I really liked the movie but there were large plot holes.

#4 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that Martha scene with every fiber of my being.

#5 Posted by KrleAvenger (26179 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you say that name,why did you say that name,why did you say that name???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by the_stegman (40309 posts) - - Show Bio

Dupe thread.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#7 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11696 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie wasn't longer.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#8 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11696 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, this already has a thread in the BvS forum, and has been done dozens of times over.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#9 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9108 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the above.

#10 Posted by Beerminator1 (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

None of those, but the pacing. Or possibly too much content stuffed into one script.

#11 Posted by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we give it a rest now?

#12 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Yeah, everything from where I sat. Literally the only thing I didn't like was the placement of the Knightmare, but I was too busy fanboying at that moment to care too too much. Either way, the internet's reaction is still the worst thing about that movie.

#13 Posted by makhai (3389 posts) - - Show Bio

The internet. Everything in the actual movie was fine to great.

#14 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

None of those, but the pacing. Or possibly too much content stuffed into one script.

#15 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#16 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

I,m guessing alot not all of the problems i had with the movie steamed from its cut length time..So perhaps when i watch the rated r directors cut alot of my problems with the film might change..With that said my main gripe was a terrible un-charismatic, barley talking Superman.

#17 Edited by Jgames (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Lex Luthor acting like the Riddler.

Personally like Lex Luthor as he was entertaining, but he was a terrible Lex, but as a random villain he was fun.

• Batman kills people.

Personally don't care since he had a reason and a unclear but understandable backstory of why he kill. It also made him an interesting vigilante. Batman was amazing, and is my personal favorite Batman, and the only reason why I even found the movie entertaining.

• Superman doesn't care about people.

He does, it just that they focus more on him being depressed.

• Flash/Cyborg/Aquaman scene

They could have had put the scene at the end, and yeah it was weird editing and not necessary

• Martha is his mommy's name!

Personally love the scene, it shows how Batman is becoming a villain, and was a clever idea on a pre-existing material and show the irony of how Batman only see the evil in people, but is blinded to his own dark nature.

Also lack of ugly beginning CGI Doomsday disturbing, also the lack of weird cut and edit, and useless Louis bullet plot scene.

#18 Posted by ganon15 (7211 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the above

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#19 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

The pacing and the shoehorned justice league scene.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#20 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst part? Thats going to be hard to pick just one considering how terrible the overall film was. Thats like trying to decide what was the worst Fantastic Four film.

#21 Posted by Stormdriven (17953 posts) - - Show Bio

They treated Superman like shit in this movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#22 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not in a correct place to properly judge THIS DAMN TRAVESTY OF A FILM WHICH IS A STAIN ON THE HONOUR OF DC, SUPERMAN, BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN...

Ahem. Needless to say I had a lot of problems with it.

#23 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Aros001 (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with anything listed in the OP. My main problem was the lack of character motivations. Superman barely has a reason to go after Batman as suddenly as he did. Lex barely gives any reason for why he wants Superman dead. Batman has a little more reason to go after Superman but their isn't really any reason for why he just suddenly reaches his breaking point and decides that he must NOW kill Superman. The person with probably the strongest motivations in the movie is probably Wonder Woman. All she wanted was to get the photo back from Luthor.

#25 Posted by klbro123 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: list every "plot hole" you can think of. I really want to know

#26 Posted by klbro123 (383 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@klbro123: its been like 2 months or so since ive seen it but this one was a big hole.

Superman couldn't here his Mom even though he could here Lois across the world. Since Superman has super hearing he never should have fought batman and Luthors plan would have been idiotic.

I still liked the movie.

#28 Edited by Mike_Fowler (5156 posts) - - Show Bio

@klbro123: he doesn't understand it because he hates it?

#29 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst part? Thats going to be hard to pick just one considering how terrible the overall film was. Thats like trying to decide what was the worst Fantastic Four film.

all FOUR

#30 Posted by klbro123 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: ok thats not a plothole whatsover.

We already know in the directors cut theres a scene wher superman does actually look for martha and hears the cries and troubles of the city.

i am pretty sure lex told his mercenaries that if she makes a loud sound shes going to be shot.

Lois screamed while falling. If you watch carefully the sequence where superman imagines his father and talks about how martha was his world and then realising that his world is lois and The fact this was put just before the lois falling scene tells me he came back way before and once batman lit up his bat signal he was around to save her.

Not a plothole

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#31 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdetective27 said:

all FOUR

So true.

#32 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@klbro123: he heard lois across the world in Africa.

I cant remember the other plot holes, but im pretty sure there was more.

#33 Posted by klbro123 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: no he did not. They're both reporters he knew she was going for a scoop and probably was keeping tabs on her. You cant make that assumption

#34 Posted by ryubh (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the Aquaman scene was also bad?

#35 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@klbro123: perhaps, when I buy the movie ill rewatch it and see if the plot holes I thought were there are real.

#36 Posted by jamaicangoku (22 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Mr___death (273 posts) - - Show Bio

lois lane and aquaman scene

#38 Posted by Redatom1234 (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole Martha's his mums name is a clear indication as to who was paying attention at that moment.

The key isn't in the dialogue. Watch that scene again and look at afflecks face and the way he says it, you can clearly see the emotion and understand the input in that.

Basically it wasn't a "your mums name is Martha? Samesies lets be friends " moment, it was more of internal realisation. Maybe not the best way of presenting it but the way the Internet trashes this movie is ridiculous.

#39 Posted by helpmovies (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this's best movies , everyone can watch online at : http://helpmovies.com

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.