Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Superman only had 43 lines in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
    TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.thewrap.com/superman-only-had-43-lines-in-batman-v-superman/

interesting statistic. This does seem to add on to the ever-growing evidence that Superman is no longer relevant to today's audiences, even after making Superman more like Batman in personality.

It is so difficult to write for Superman, that writers are even lifting ideas from Batman, the best absolute superhero character of all comic books. And this is little wonder why people think Zack Snyder hate Superman, when the truth is probably the difficulty of writing for a super-powered god like Superman.

What do you think?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheExile285

I really don't get why everyone says it so hard to write Superman yet no one complains about writing Thor or Silver Surfer. Or borderline mary sue Batman.

Zack Snyder is a mediocre director that doesn't get Superman or most of the DCU. That's why we got such a quiet Superman along with a BatPunisher and Jokerized Lex Luther. Dude doesn't know what he's doing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

interesting statistic. This does seem to add on to the ever-growing evidence that Superman is no longer relevant to today's audiences, even after making Superman more like Batman in personality.

It is so difficult to write for Superman, that writers are even lifting ideas from Batman, the best absolute superhero character of all comic books. And this is little wonder why people think Zack Snyder hate Superman, when the truth is probably the difficulty of writing for a super-powered god like Superman.

All this is flat out wrong. Superman has no qualities of Batman, in fact what people are thinking is Clark/Superman being characterized badly is actually just humanity not accepting and kissing his ass like in the comics. I would like to clear the air and say that I loved MoS and this movie deeply disappointed me. They had the story served up to them on a platter, but they chose to focus on Batman and cram in JL commercials. And while part of me wants to think that Snyder has some respect for Batman, this movie kinds proves otherwise. Between the lack of focus on the Superman side of the story, low line count, killing off JImmy Olsen and refusing to adapt the Lex Luthor from the comics. That's where he chose to get artsy, but with Batman he stuck close the TDKR version.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why don't we give Superman a chance to be relevant before claiming that he is not. Just because people didn't like him in a couple terrible movies doesn't mean that people don't like him in general. That is like claiming that people generally hated Batman in the 90's because Schumacher's characterization was awful.

I really don't get why everyone says it so hard to write Superman yet no one complains about writing Thor or Silver Surfer. Or borderline mary sue Batman.

Zack Snyder is a mediocre director that doesn't get Superman or most of the DCU. That's why we got such a quiet Superman along with a BatPunisher and Jokerized Lex Luther. Dude doesn't know what he's doing.

I agree with this.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's Snyder.

Avatar image for general_disarray
    General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

How many lines someone has in a film is no indication of quality. It's never what you do but how it's done. Just ask the Nosferatu fans.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.