MURDOCK VS CLARK ( WHO HAS BETTER HEARING.)

#1 Edited by academic (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO HAS BETTER HEARING AND WHY? dcu and mcu versions only

When IGN sat down for a chat with the BvS director, we asked why Superman can’t hear his mother’s screams and cries for help when she’s kidnapped by Lex Luthor late on.

“I think all the way – to me, from Metropolis to Smallville is probably just on the edge of his range of hearing” he explained. “Also the clutter of the city makes it difficult as well."

#2 Posted by Royal_Warrior (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark if we're using comic versions in a stomp

Not sure about live action can't remember much from Supes apart from hearing Lois

#3 Edited by rukus4ever (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@academic said:

WHO HAS BETTER HEARING AND WHY? dcu and mcu versions only

When IGN sat down for a chat with the BvS director, we asked why Superman can’t hear his mother’s screams and cries for help when she’s kidnapped by Lex Luthor late on.

“I think all the way – to me, from Metropolis to Smallville is probably just on the edge of his range of hearing” he explained. “Also the clutter of the city makes it difficult as well."

IGN should have next asked where Superman was supposed to be both when Lois was abducted in the desert and when she was pushed from the top of the LexCorp tower. In both of those instances, it would seem most likely that Clark was not even on the same continent as Lois.

#4 Posted by rukus4ever (123 posts) - - Show Bio

I give this to Clark on feats.

#5 Posted by academic (1221 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TheSaiyanMan (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

IF we go by comics he kal el can hear sounds in vacuum of space and can hear ol the noises and conversations happening on earth. so he should have better hearing.

#7 Posted by rukus4ever (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@academic said:

@rukus4ever:

correct! good catch

The quote sounds inconsistent with the movie. I makes me think he's trying to cover for a lot of questions he's getting about his treatment of Superman. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been questioning why Clark could not have saved his mother on his own.

What are your thoughts on this?

#8 Posted by nikosnikolo (4 posts) - - Show Bio

comics supes by far...

movies supes again.why?He has better hearing feats so far.

#9 Posted by DCLantern (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.