How would you rate Batman V Superman?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
Posted by deactivated-57e73afcc9b00 (130 posts) 3 years, 2 months ago

Poll: How would you rate Batman V Superman? (111 votes)

5 Stars 14%
4 Stars 24%
3 Stars 21%
2 Stars 23%
1 Star 16%
#1 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

4 stars for me

#2 Posted by ArkhamWrath (723 posts) - - Show Bio

3 stars for me... but its more like 2,9...

#3 Posted by Taquie (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to be a lot of mixed emotions about the movie. Some think its the best movie ever, some think its shiit, some thinks it is pretty good

#4 Posted by The-Seeffiss17 (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5 for me.

#5 Posted by UltimatePower6 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

4/5, not amazing, but on the tip of the iceberg for me! Definitely can't wait to go out and watch it again.

#6 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5 Stars.

#7 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

There's almost an even split between things that I loved and hated. It would probably be more of a 2.5 since Jesse Eisenburg gave me stage 3 cancer.

#8 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to give it an overall number without dividing it into more manageable storylines:

Story 1: MOS 2: the Revengancening, 4/5

Story 2: Batman Begins Again, 4/5

Story 3: Justice Leak the Movie, 1/5

Story 4: DKR adaptation 3/5

Story 5: DoS adaptation 1/5

Total: 14/25

#9 Posted by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5

#11 Edited by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

4 stars

#13 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12443 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5

#14 Posted by strangetales (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

3.5-4/5

#15 Posted by AkshSarpanch (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN't lie. I gave it a 5 star just becuz of its emotional tune.

#16 Posted by kgb725 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

About 2.5

#17 Posted by Taquie (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellsangel: Sorry man but this thread already exist made by me: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/rate-batman-v-superman-1777919/

@saren@mercy_@jedixman Could you lock this?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
#18 Edited by deactivated-57e73afcc9b00 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@taquie said:

@hellsangel: Sorry man but this thread already exist made by me: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/rate-batman-v-superman-1777919/

Why lock this one? This one was actually put in the correct forum section and actually used. That one was barly used, has been dry for a day, and is barried in the Off Topic section.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#19 Edited by infantfinite128 (5971 posts) - - Show Bio

1/5 The only thing I liked about the movie was Wonder Woman. I just thought it was an incoherent mess. I'm so happy that many people love it though!

#20 Posted by blacharrt (1935 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Wow he really hated this movie, in his spoiler review. But it's entertaining take a look.

#21 Posted by goonage (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhere between "Ew" and -1000 stars.

#23 Posted by Taquie (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@taquie said:

Why lock this one? This one was actually put in the correct forum section and actually used. That one was barly used, has been dry for a day, and is barried in the Off Topic section.

Because they usually lock threads who were created AFTER there actually exists such thread. They don't lock threads that are creatred on wrong forums

#24 Posted by zzagirl (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it 3/5.

#25 Posted by Jgames (8208 posts) - - Show Bio

3.5. It has bad and good moments, with the good barely outweighing the bad thanks to Ben Affleck.

#26 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5.

#27 Posted by MrMazz (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

1 * this movie is a profound failure on technical and narrative levels. I'm just disapointed, it's like Snyder strangeled the DCEU in the crib. The Suicide Squad will be more heroic than Batman and SUperman how is that possible.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#30 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

4/5 stars, but I have a feeling the director's cut will be 5/5, just like Watchmen.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#31 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to give it an overall number without dividing it into more manageable storylines:

Story 1: MOS 2: the Revengancening, 4/5

Story 2: Batman Begins Again, 4/5

Story 3: Justice Leak the Movie, 1/5

Story 4: DKR adaptation 3/5

Story 5: DoS adaptation 1/5

Total: 14/25

Haha, that legitimately made me laugh. This should have been the title!

#33 Posted by Farkam (12057 posts) - - Show Bio

@taquie said:

Seems to be a lot of mixed emotions about the movie. Some think its the best movie ever, some think its shiit, some thinks it is pretty good

Hype. Every movie is the best movie ever for a week or so after it's release.

#34 Posted by Pokeysteve (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

3 stars for me. I like Snyder's grasp on Superman but he doesn't know what he's doing with Batman and it's a shame. So much potential there. Wonder Woman not flying is aggravating too.

#35 Posted by tensor (8574 posts) - - Show Bio

4/5

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
#36 Edited by Hocko1999_VIRUS (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rate it around 7.3/10, which rounds up to 4 stars. A very good film, perhaps even great, but not without a few too many flaws.

#37 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

Wont watch it till dvd.

#38 Edited by Chimeroid (9268 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it loved it loved it. Watched it twice and in all honesty it was better the second time. Injustice teasers were awesome. Batmans descent into craziness was apparent and masterfully done. Aesthetically gorgeous movie with perfect actions scenes. I give it 4/5 since i have issues with the fact Lex was a mumbling idiot of an evil genius who was unable to hold a proper speech and Doomsday felt weird and out of place.
It seems to me a lot of people are deliberately forgetting the fact that this movie is a set up for future movies and should be reviewed as such.

#39 Posted by Bat_SAINT (959 posts) - - Show Bio

5/5 I loved it.

#40 Edited by majinn3 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

3.5 Stars respectively, what really dragged the movie down were the unnecessary flashback/ fastforward/ dream sequences. They had no relevence and really fucked up the pacing. There were also some serious plot-holes here and there that needed to be fixed. If they cut those things out it would easily be 4 stars.

But on the plus side Ben Affleck's batman was GOLD. Don't get me wrong he still is leagues behind Bale as an actor. But the way they handled Batman was textbook, the look, the tone and especially the fighting. Its about damn time we got a Batman that could actually fight. It almost looked like they took his moves from the Arkham games. I don't even mind the killing angle since the character did that in his early days anyway.

#42 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

3 maybe I liked some stuff like visual images from different comics being shown on screen. The cameos were cool and weren't to distracing. The action was great and the plot of should Superman be held accountable was pretty well put.

The reason behind the team up bugged me, Superman knowing Batman is Bruce without any explanation bugged me, The whole don't do it thing between Lois and Supes in the end was a bit silly to me, heck I don't even know how the world pin pointed to Luthor meaning why they started getting sad at the end.

There's more but that's pretty much the offhead stuff.

#43 Posted by J0k3r (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It had its moments, but overall I was disappointed. I give it 2.5/5 stars.

#44 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

From the 10 minutes of film i watched before my internet crashed, 2 stars.

#45 Edited by magnetic_eye (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the serious dramatic tone along with the deep psychological themes between Batman & Superman. I would've liked a little bit more humor but not a joke per minute.

Overall, it was a pleasant change and a very good intellectual, artistic attempt at a comic book movie, imo even better than a couple of Marvel flicks. I'm only rating it a 4/5 because as good as it was, it should've been great.

#46 Posted by magnetic_eye (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinn3 said:

3.5 Stars respectively, what really dragged the movie down were the unnecessary flashback/ fastforward/ dream sequences. They had no relevence and really fucked up the pacing. There were also some serious plot-holes here and there that needed to be fixed. If they cut those things out it would easily be 4 stars.

But on the plus side Ben Affleck's batman was GOLD. Don't get me wrong he still is leagues behind Bale as an actor. But the way they handled Batman was textbook, the look, the tone and especially the fighting. Its about damn time we got a Batman that could actually fight. It almost looked like they took his moves from the Arkham games. I don't even mind the killing angle since the character did that in his early days anyway.

Yeah, Batman's fight scenes were brutal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.