Did you like Dawn of Justice?

• 79 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Did you like Dawn of Justice? (146 votes)

Hell Yes! Best Super Hero movie ever 13%
It was good 34%
It was ok 16%
It was bad! 28%
Hell no! Worst super hero movie ever 9%
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#1 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was ok.

I liked the movie, I liked the action and I loved Wonder Woman!

I didn't like Batman's as a character, he was only Batman physically. Superman was weak willed and that lost points for me. Lex was ok I have mixed feelings about him.

#2 Edited by TommytheHitman (6920 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it quite a bit.

Except for Lex Luthor.

#3 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good. 5/7 movie.

#4 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, wasn't this thread already done?

#5 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, wasn't this thread already done?

Nope.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#6 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18245 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who ranks it as the worst is clearly trolling.

#7 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

And I am going to see it again.

#8 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call it clearly trolling, but their opinion is unjustified IMO. It was one of the best since 2008, in my opinion, & not everyone needs to agree, but Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, and X-Men: Origins all exist. So, take a second to reflect before making that statement.

#9 Posted by the_stegman (40396 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent. Not the worst though.

#10 Posted by LarryAshlynn (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's good :) Has it's moments and it's flaws

#11 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's good :) Has it's moments and it's flaws

This guy gets it.

#12 Posted by newecho (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_samantha: what? Xmen first class if that is what you are referring to was much better than this film. Wolverine origins was probably on the same level of rubbishness of this movie. Fox has a hit and miss record when it comes to cbm's tho so about every other one is pile of a rubbish. Wb only has two or three good ones in their whole existence and they have been doing cbm's longer than anyone. Well maybe as many as 5 are above average? The dark knight; batman 1989, batman begins, superman 1978, and Constantine? The rest are either toy commercials or or so bad plot wise that they get made fun of and referenced for years as bad. WB has no clear cut idea of what they want to do. Heck for that matter, dc comics don't really either..

Batman vs superman the movie was really just a poor movie. The ending was just stupid, why should we care as an audience about that particular ending? That should have been saved for when we actually cared for that particular character. The whole reason why the batman fights supes is lame and flimsy. It could have been avoided by 4simple words...Batman also would have never been manipulated like he was. Another thing, would you have like the whole mis direction of the reason for the fight would have been explored ie how does one character already know all about the other characters(trying to be subtle without giving the whole dang movie away here, hopefully you are picking up what I am meaning) besides just reasons. Also don't you think the wrong character knew?.. anyways its hard to say things here without giving the movie away and I am on my phone with no spoiler tab so I will just leave it at that for now... I did enjoy batman and at least he was some what a detective even tho moral code was pretty shaky. He kind of reminded me of thomas wayne in flashpoint with some earth one bruce wayne mixed in. He was still great tho. Wonder woman (minus the whole computer looking part) was fantastic in the fight scene. Why was she able to outsmart a character here? I have no idea but I am looking forward to the wonder woman solo movie now. Aquaman looked stupid, and why does barry have to be an emo hipster? I realize that was only a tease tho and may get explained further one day. Btw I thought those were pointless teases, the logos were enough in which they had already did earlier.... I could go on all day about this movie, anyway sorry if this is to criptic and not as coherent as it should be as again I am on my phone.

#13 Posted by LarryAshlynn (1305 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho:

The ending was just stupid, why should we care as an audience about that particular ending? That should have been saved for when we actually cared for that particular character.

That's subjective. I care for Superman. That ending is supposed to complete his journey into an icon. People view him as a hero now.

The whole reason why the batman fights supes is lame and flimsy. It could have been avoided by 4simple words

I hear a lot of people say this, but what are the words that could've avoided this fight? Please don't tell me "I'm not illegal alien" are those words, especially since you're making an argument that Batman wouldn't be "easily manipulated." Why would he believe Superman? And if it's "Lex is manipulating you/me" that doesn't count, because you're missing the point and I'll get to it soon.

Batman also would have never been manipulated like he was

It sounds like you're not getting 50% of the movie. Batman viewing Superman as a threat from the first moment of his character in the movie (as an adult). He didn't shun Superman because Lex "manipulated him." He wanted to destroy Superman from the get go.

how does one character already know all about the other characters

Are you implying when Superman suddenly calls Batman, "Bruce."? If so, then that was total shit. You could make an argument that Superman used X-Ray vision, but they don't explain that. Therefore it's a plot hole.

Also don't you think the wrong character knew?

I honestly don't get you here.

#15 Posted by newecho (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
#17 Edited by deactivated-598aab95b6c09 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it was ok. It could've been better, but, as it stands, it's just "meh". I am excited for the rest though, so that's a plus.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#18 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

C+

#19 Posted by TheVivas (19704 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movie, could've been better, but liked it he way it was. Hopefully Justice Leage and future movies will be at least as good/better.

#20 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone who ranks it as the best probabally liked twilight

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#21 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18245 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbroskywalker: weird comparison, but no it isn't the best. I have it in my top 10 though.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#22 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11838 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay, the action/fighting sequences saved it from being a lot worse IMO.

EDIT: And those cameos, I loved those cameos.

#25 Posted by PenguinDust (9736 posts) - - Show Bio

It was not a good movie, but it wasn't the worst comic book movie ever. There exist far worse fare than this convoluted absurdity and, in all fairness, there were a couple of good scenes stingily sprinkled throughout. Much like Snyder's Sucker Punch, there is about 20 minutes of goodness surrounded by an eternity of what I can only assume is contempt for the audience.

#26 Edited by entropy_aegis (20960 posts) - - Show Bio

This was not a good movie at all, the cast does a good job,all of them( with one rather notable exception) and basic story is good as well but by God it was terribly directed. This movie proved that Zack Snyder cant do complicated stories and characters at all,I cant even begin to start.

Lex Luthor was terrible and his omission would have astronomically benefited the movie. Bad character,badly acted and given too much undue importance.

Narrative just jumps all over the place,you have no clue what anyone really wants. I just getting immersed in to Bruce and Anatoly only for the scene to shift altogether,this happens throughout the movie.

The Nightmare and dream or visions were laughably bad,removing them would also benefit the movie.

Wonder Woman was good,it made me excited for her movie but she was utterly pointless

Flash time travel cameo was bad

Doomsday was turd,the only thing cool about him is his design and Snyder failed to even make him look good,so much for visualist

Batman vs Superman was a joke,it wasn't exciting,it was a snooze fest.

The Superman character has literally been killed by this movie imo,I do not see the character getting his own movie now. I feel bad for Henry,Amy etc,completely wasted.

Fight scenes were nowhere near as good,Batman vs the mercs was good but the Knightmare vision had Nolan level choreography,the Doomsday fight had less fighting and more blinding bursts of energy.

The biggest sin this film committed was not being bad,this was just plain boring and confusing. I have no desire to watch it again period, I cant see this having any legs,it's not made for repeat viewings.

4/10

However Ben and Irons were stellar,major props to them.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#27 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (20960 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to mention that for all the praise Zack gets for his action I still found every single Batmobile/chase sequence from Nolan's trilogy 50 times better than the Batmobile sequence in this film.

#32 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: I'm not trolling at all. You saying anyone voted this as the worst CBM of all time had to be trolling. If that's someone's opinion how does that make them a troll? There opinion means as much as the ones who are voting best of all time. Just because you don't like someone else response doesn't make them a troll. This movie is being panned by a lot of people and the bad reviews keep coming in these people voting OK to worst of all time have credibility. I don't think it's the worst of all time but it's not even close to the best of all time either. This film was bad on many levels but I can form my own opinion unlike you who has to quote others in almost every thread. Yeah you might want to try to put me in my place a little better next time because you failed miserably.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#33 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

This was one of the most bizarre and dull superhero movie experiences I have ever had since... well, since 1997's Batman & Robin. Man of Steel was actually better than BvS. Then again Man of Steel wasn't a straight up bad movie. It was just mediocre, especially for what it was attempting to achieve. Man of Steel was just a pretentious failure. This movie, however, was just a plain stinker; obnoxious,odd and shallow. Our heroes are idiots, and are morally bankrupt. The villain in the movie has no clear motive asides from 'He is Lex Luthor and he is a zany badguy'. Batman spends the first two hours of the movie plotting to murder Superman. Superman is reckless, violent and incompetent with the lives of human beings that aren't Lois Lane. Yet somehow he thinks he has the right to judge Batman for the same qualities. Superman is more worried about what the press think of him than actually trying to be a better hero. Both of our protagonists claim to value human life but their actions speak louder than their words. Snyder & Goyer are either a pair of clueless hacks or they are purposefully making our protagonists hypocritical. They are too shallow to make a story that is actually deep. They lack passion and imagination. They aren't too bright either. Was I supposed to think that Luthor was such a masterful genius for pitting the protagonists against each other. The same protagonists that were hellbent on killing and harming one another before Luthor even intervened. Was it supposed to be touching that Batidiot decided not to kill Superman with a Kryptonite spear because his mommy had the same first name? Now they are suddenly friends? Are you kidding me? This movie is for children. Or man-children at the least. The action was flat, overly long and visually obnoxious. Especially The Trinity vs. Doomsday. Was I supposed to be rooting for our heroes? Which one exactly? Murdererman, Superincompetant or Randomamazonlady? Speaking of which, Gadot was the only good thing in this movie. Unfortunately her Diana Prince was more of a Selina Kyle. By the Doomsday scene I was too apathetic to care about Wonder Woman being on the big screen. Oddly enough I actually liked Eisenluthor, even if it wasn't the Luthor I wanted to see. Eisenberg's zaniness was the only force on Earth stopping me from falling asleep through this embarrassing, sigh-worthy piece of cinematic wastepaper. I can imagine this film being appealing to children, especially teen aged boys who like cruel, hyper-masculine muscle bound type of heroes that have a lot of "swag". Not even gonna mention all the nauseating dream sequences...oh wait, I just did :P BVS AKA Batman vs. Sleep: Dawn of Nightmares.

#34 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

5.5/10

Beata

#35 Edited by rogueshadow (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

Having thought about this a lot. I hate this film. HATE IT. So much stupidity and nothing to make up for it, fro Martha, to Batman's idiocy, to Superman's utter blankness throughout.

it's dumb (As are it's characters), it's shallow yet utterly pretentious, unimaginative, did not present the characters well at all and is utterly bland - no I don't mean too serious, I mean bland, there was no life in this film, it just hangs there. 4/10.

Diana Prince was fine, but in her actual dialogue scenes she was just a Bond girl, nothing more and nothing less. Wonder Woman in action was great, but acting-wise, the only real glimmer of DWW I got was when she smiled in the Doomsday fight. Now, some scenes were good in singularity, but did not thread together to form anything like a cohesive narrative with either thematic or character throughlines, so when anything emotional happened, the only reason I cared, is because I'm a bloody nerd so seeing Superman die upsets me, that's it.

Luther was a joke, they need to rectify him fast.

Throw away Snyder, throw away Goyer, if Terrio is the issue throw him away too. Whoever is behind this sh*t needs to go. An utterly brainless film that is totally lacking any selfawarenes of said brainlessness.

• Superman, you don't stand for hope and you're surprised? You're a lifeless fcuking symbol on a Hugo Boss model, why would you stand for hope, what do you actually do but float lifelessly in the air and whip in, you don't smile, you don't talk to people you don't humanise yourself, that's why people don't trust you. Henry Cavill is better than this, watch TMFU and the Tudors, he can do more.
  • Batman, you are an idiot throughout, seriously you bought the Senate hearing bullsh*t and didn't do any, hmmm, DETECTIVE work to check it out? By God.
  • 'Martha!' Who on this planet calls their mother by their first name? Or either parent? I never see my father and I still call him dad. The logic that Batman realises Supes is a man and more human because of it doesn't hold up... Batman was referencing parents a few minutes before with the 'I bet they told you...' bit.
  • Oh and apparently that CIA guy... yeah, that was Jimmy Olsen. Jesus Christ, Super-girl's Jimmy Olsen is better than that. This film is painful.

Okay I'm gonna stop, but yeah, this film was a pile of dung in my opinion.

WB need to just go all out and get Spielberg or something and just hit a home run. Please just give us a solid film where we can collectively just say 'yes, they did it, they fcuking did it.' because this is getting painful. Please Suicide Squad, please.

What are these guy's playing at? No wonder Affleck was re-writing on set, he was probably like'the fcuk is this s*ite they're giving me? Holy Christ.'

@entropy_aegis said:

I would also like to mention that for all the praise Zack gets for his action I still found every single Batmobile/chase sequence from Nolan's trilogy 50 times better than the Batmobile sequence in this film.

I agree. And the choreography might have been bad on Bane vs Batman, but as a piece of cinema it was more powerful than anything in this film.

#36 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it was ok. It could've been better, but, as it stands, it's just "meh". I am excited for the rest though, so that's a plus.

#37 Posted by Skyfire (981 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a major let down. Superman was an idiot (Why didn't he get WW use the kryptonite spear on Doomsday and he held him in place?)

Batman straight up murdered people. NO. Other than that he was fine tho

Lex.... good grief what a miscast. Einsberg would have been a much better Jimmy Olsen. That last scene in the prison was cringeworthy.

There was good things about it, but they really should have trimmed it, it was too long. A lot of scenes, particularly the dreams, didn't need to be there.

I could go on but overall I am disappointed. At least Civil War looks amazing

#38 Posted by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#40 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by buttersdaman000 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and I liked the movie. I don't think half the criticisms are as serious as they're made out to be. I wanna watch it again to give it a final score, but after it mulling it over I think this film is a 7/10 with my negatives so far being

• (-0.5) for the Justice League tie-ins...they were all lame..Knightmare included, but they didn't break the movie for me at all.
  • (-0.5) for Lex Luthor. It would be a full point but he actually had some really good scenes as well. if Jesse wasn't playing Lex I wouldn't even count him as a negative but I really do think they just missed the important aspects of his character....And I was really looking forward to him coldly referring to Superman as "Alien" to his face.
  • (-1.25) for pacing/editing/plot-holes...which was worse than MoS somehow lol...I just felt like certain scenes were much to long, the flow was choppy at times, and so on
  • (-0.25) for characters just acting stupid...why didn't Superman just toss Diana the kryptonite like "here" lol
  • (-0.25) for Batman killing....totally unneccesary but lets not act as if every other onscreen incarnation didn't kill lol
  • And then there was something else that bugged me about this movie...I just can't remember but it gets (-0.25) as well

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
#43 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (18984 posts) - - Show Bio

This was not a good movie at all, the cast does a good job,all of them( with one rather notable exception) and basic story is good as well but by God it was terribly directed. This movie proved that Zack Snyder cant do complicated stories and characters at all,I cant even begin to start.

Lex Luthor was terrible and his omission would have astronomically benefited the movie. Bad character,badly acted and given too much undue importance.

Narrative just jumps all over the place,you have no clue what anyone really wants. I just getting immersed in to Bruce and Anatoly only for the scene to shift altogether,this happens throughout the movie.

The Nightmare and dream or visions were laughably bad,removing them would also benefit the movie.

Wonder Woman was good,it made me excited for her movie but she was utterly pointless

Flash time travel cameo was bad

Doomsday was turd,the only thing cool about him is his design and Snyder failed to even make him look good,so much for visualist

Batman vs Superman was a joke,it wasn't exciting,it was a snooze fest.

The Superman character has literally been killed by this movie imo,I do not see the character getting his own movie now. I feel bad for Henry,Amy etc,completely wasted.

Fight scenes were nowhere near as good,Batman vs the mercs was good but the Knightmare vision had Nolan level choreography,the Doomsday fight had less fighting and more blinding bursts of energy.

The biggest sin this film committed was not being bad,this was just plain boring and confusing. I have no desire to watch it again period, I cant see this having any legs,it's not made for repeat viewings.

4/10

However Ben and Irons were stellar,major props to them.

This.

#44 Posted by rogueshadow (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

@samjackson said:

@rogueshadow: Wait the CIA guy was Jimmy Olsen?!

WHICH CIA GUY?

@samjackson said:

What????

The cameraman who gets shot in the beginning... that's Jimmy Olsen. So spake Zack Snyder. Apparently Eisenberg originally auditioned Eisenberg for Jimmy Olsen and Bryan Cranston auditioned for Luthor. Snyder is the bane of my life.

I'm not even gonna lie Buttersdaman000, I'm salty as fcuk. The more I think about the film the more my brain hurts. I'm so sad, this could've been so much more. Now I know how Catelyn Stark felt when Rob Stark was killed before her eyes.

#45 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

The cameraman who gets shot in the beginning... that's Jimmy Olsen. So spake Zack Snyder. Apparently Eisenberg originally auditioned Eisenberg for Jimmy Olsen and Bryan Cranston auditioned for Luthor. Snyder is the bane of my life.

I'm not even gonna lie Buttersdaman000, I'm salty as fcuk. The more I think about the film the more my brain hurts. I'm so sad, this could've been so much more. Now I know how Catelyn Stark felt when Rob Stark was killed before her eyes.

Batman v. Superman was awesome. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
#46 Posted by deactivated-5a39006e28280 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

Didn't know that. Killing off Jimmy Olsen only after a few minutes, wow just wow.

#47 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@shamshi said:
@rogueshadow said:
@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

Didn't know that. Killing off Jimmy Olsen only after a few minutes, wow just wow.

People are going to find more and more things to complain about in this movie. Alright, Jimmy Olsen's killed off. Wow. No biggie. It'd be unnecessary for him to survive. His character would add nothing to the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
#48 Edited by deactivated-5a39006e28280 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_samantha said:
@shamshi said:
@rogueshadow said:
@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

People are going to find more and more things to complain about in this movie. Alright, Jimmy Olsen's killed off. Wow. No biggie. It'd be unnecessary for him to survive. His character would add nothing to the story.

How much are WB/DC paying you? Actually, go start another thread to re assure yourself that you liked the movie. Sigh!!!!

#49 Posted by saint_samantha (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@shamshi said:
@saint_samantha said:
@shamshi said:
@rogueshadow said:
@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

How much are WB/DC paying you? Actually, go start another thread to re assure yourself that you liked the movie. Sigh!!!!

They're not paying me anything. And why would they be paying me anything? Because the opinion of one viner will result in an extra 100+ million in box office? Sure.

#50 Posted by rogueshadow (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

@shamshi said:
@rogueshadow said:
@saint_samantha said:
@samjackson said:

WHICH CIA GUY?

@buttersdaman000 said:
@samjackson said:

What????

If this were by itself, then no biggie, it'd be a nitpick, it's just that when all this sh*t they did compounds... it's like, they did almost nothing well, some things were alright, but what in this film was really a solid win throughout? It' seems that everything that's good in this film has a pretty major flipside, Affleck's Bruce Wayne was the best Bruce Wayne we've had, then he straight up murders people, acts like a complete idiot and is way too happy about killing Superman.

I'd rather Olsen just not appear than have his head blown-off within two minutes of appearing, I mean, why? It just speaks to Snyder's mentality for me.

The fight scenes were cool, that's it and even then, only as shiny fun things to watch that make me fangasm. Thee's little character powering the scenes.

I want to love this film because there are great individual moments, little scenes that are awesome, but I can't, if you do, more power to you, I wish I could.

And note, I'm not a MoS hater, MoS was a lot better than this despite its flaws, I'd give it a 7.5/10, with 7 being 'very good' and 8 being 'great'.

I did want Ridley Scott to direct BvS though. He was my choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.