BvS: What did you think of the fight? (spoilers)

• 54 results
#51 Posted by the_stegman (40312 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha: I think he could properly measure the punch. Even after he got dosed and got his strength back, he chose to push Batman down the elevator shafted instead of seriously hurting him.

#52 Edited by Usha (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. It didn't really show him fully recover. After he flew Batfleck down, he slowly got back up, picked him up and threw him across the room and it took him about 10ish seconds to fully recover as he curled up his fist to prepare himself. Then he started to run and did like a jump/fly thing and he was gonna do a punch (until Batfleck shot him with kryptonite again) which would of seriously injured or killed Batfleck if he had landed it.

#53 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9: I was fine with it, right down to superman watching batman reload the gun that took away his power the first time, wait for him to finish loading it, then run head on to him giving him the perfect target. It was like reading it right from the comic in 100% superman fashion.

#54 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

I don't know. It didn't really show him fully recover. After he flew Batfleck down, he slowly got back up, picked him up and threw him across the room and it took him about 10ish seconds to fully recover as he curled up his fist to prepare himself. Then he started to run and did like a jump/fly thing and he was gonna do a punch (until Batfleck shot him with kryptonite again) which would of seriously injured or killed Batfleck if he had landed it.

this is the same guy who at full speed tackled someone through a wall, but didn't kill them. I think he has enough control over his body that he wouldn't have killed him, but would have done serious damage

Avatar image for avatar_of_green
#55 Edited by Avatar_of_Green (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

People need to understand that of course Superman got pummeled.

1) Zach needed him to seem sympathetic after MoS

2) With equalized physicals, Batman has twice the skill. Snyder is trying to convey Superman's reliance on his overwhelming power, and how it is a potential weakness, because he doesnt have the formal combat trianing necessary to win in an equalized battle. Zod Faora and Non/Nam-Ek basically ragdolled him all movie in MoS. Doomsday and Bats did it here too.

3) An unbeatable Superman is boring and nonsensical. The fact that Batman proved he could kill Superman if necessary is enough to dispel the idea that Superman operates unilaterally and needs to be reigned in. It basically solves the premise of the movie, "Superman is evil", and shows why Superman will be accepted despite MoS and that people in the DCEU will forget and forgive MoS; all because a God can be reigned in by 1 man.

Also, there are other metahumans just as powerful as Superman, he is far from the only problem we have. Now Superman can operate like he does in the comics, without public fear and mistrust and without worship as an unbeatable God.

#56 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good fight. The beginning was the best and then it kinda went downhill for me for whatever reason. Maybe it was stupid Lois Lane who always manages to get the scene of the fight and get involved. Idk, but I liked it. Batman was really going at it.

#57 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman winning is unbelievable.

I don't like how the fight started. Superman is a character who would really try to ask help from Batman but just because of a few attacks from Batman, he would go for a fight?

Besides, Superman can move faster than the speed of light so there is really no way for Batman to see him as Superman moves, there is no way Batman can block Superman's attacks (cos it's too fast) and Superman can burn Batman and Batman's costume with his laser.

Also, Superman can fly so he doesn't need to be near Batman to hit Batman.

I can't believe Snyder have him beaten and killed in this movie. Their fight should have ended like Lois would come to stop them in the middle of their fight. That would have been a better idea than seeing Superman losing.

#58 Posted by God_of_Wrath (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Hey, I know Im replying on 4 month+ thread, but figured, what the hell.

DC is(and that's my point of view, no offence meant) to be blamed for this. This was clearly stated at first to be a Superman movie which turned into a Batman v Superman movie and then finally to a prologue of justice league.

DC has slowly made Batman godlike. Don't get me wrong here. I liked Batman, but not anymore. What I saw from the movie was Superman fighting stupidly even though as you said his mothers life was in danger. And Batman overpowering Superman 2 times with the help of kryptonite gas in the same fight was just too much. Supes bull rushing on the second one had me roll back my eyes. And the best reason for Batman beating Superman now is, well he is batman, he preped.

Wth? Superman was throwing him through the air how the hell did he prep wher he'd be falling?

DC I believe have had to do some approval or whatever for this scene to conclude this way. They own the characters and this is a wrong done to Superman who in modern days is slowly but steadily only being refered as a brute and nothing more.

Batman on the other hand is having everything his way. He wasn't even harmed in this fight. Not a single drop of blood.

And Superman bled and was at Batman's mercy.

Never in comics have Batman been so close to killing Superman, if it was not for a certain Martha.

The movie was good. But I absolutely hated the fight. Supes was just too dstupid. Hell the thugs Batman faced while saving Clarks mother gave him a better fight.

Again that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
#59 Posted by TheCapedDetective (557 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't that bad but the over-use of kryponite and lack of dialogue from Superman made it worse.

P.s: mother of all bumps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.