BvS Ultimate Edition!!!!!!

• 78 results
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#51 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22878 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@buttersdaman000: I could say the same thing about you in MCU threads. Don't be a hypocrite.

Well, I don't go into nearly every MCU thread, make a stupid bait comment, then continue to bait with tired, trite "salty" counters or anything like that. You never even try to defend your position, you just continue with the same type of bait lol.....so I don't see how you're comparing yourself to me? But, even so, it's clear that I don't drink the MCU kool-aid, just as you don't with the DCEU. However, the difference between us here is that I don't get defensive and hurriedly try to prove how much of a big DC/DCEU fan I am when people call me out. So, not a hypocrite.

lol

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#52 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Sure you're not. That's funny coming from you. You must have the memory of a goldfish if you can't remember your bait posts but sure keep acting like you don't.

#53 Edited by the_stegman (40319 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: The only MCU thing I've been negative on is IM3. And if you're a DC fan in your personal life, that's great, but I can only judge you on what you say here, and I have heard you say nothing good about DC, on the contrary you come into DC threads just to insult them and call their defenders "salty".

#54 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: The trailer shows more Batman scenes I think lol.

#55 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22878 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Sure you're not. That's funny coming from you. You must have the memory of a goldfish if you can't remember your bait posts but sure keep acting like you don't.

Meh, and you must be as smart as a goldfish since you can't seem to reconcile the differences between what I do and what you do. But, carry on lol

#56 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9109 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah this time it's even crappier...

May I ask why you thought that this specifically added more crap to the pile?

#58 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hype

#59 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22878 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Stefano (2564 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Nah you're salty enough for everyone in this thread. You better be careful it leads to high blood pressure Bruh... ;)

#62 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by SaintWildcard (21886 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: I saw this video earlier today, it's a nice trailer but I'm not getting my hopes up. I can't imagine that those 30 minutes are gonna improve the movie that much to where I'll love it. At best I won't hate it as much

#64 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: I saw this video earlier today, it's a nice trailer but I'm not getting my hopes up. I can't imagine that those 30 minutes are gonna improve the movie that much to where I'll love it. At best I won't hate it as much

I'm interested! Stay optimistic that's what Superman would want ;)

#65 Edited by SaintWildcard (21886 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up said:
@saintwildcard said:

THey also killed my Superman (comics).... this has been a terrible time to be me

#66 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up said:
@saintwildcard said:

THey also killed my Superman (comics).... this has been a terrible time to be me

New 52 yup, well at least he isn't a Nazi lol.

#67 Posted by Heatforce (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard:

What was your problem with BvS? IIRC I think you liked MoS so I'm curious as to what changed? IMO BvS really does carry over themes from MoS. Just look at Pa Kent’s fears from MoS – they all came true.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
#68 Posted by TheCapedDetective (557 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish they fully show that scene with Batman at Lexcorp.

#69 Posted by King_Krown (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

30 minutes isn't drastically changing anything. An out of character Brooding Superman & Batman are still going to be present.

#70 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see this. I think a majority of the complaints were lack of context and build up. Let's see if this does justice to the movie.

#71 Edited by SaintWildcard (21886 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

@saintwildcard:

What was your problem with BvS? IIRC I think you liked MoS so I'm curious as to what changed? IMO BvS really does carry over themes from MoS. Just look at Pa Kent’s fears from MoS – they all came true.

Here are two writes up about what I didn't like

Overall Review

The Lex Luthor problem

But if that's to much, here is the general cliffnotes.

This movie wanted to focus entirely on Batman's storyline, which I argue is the least important in the movie. His storyline was just his rising anger towards Superman and that could have been done in a few scenes. Instead this movie became Batman Ft. Superman and proved the rumors that they cut out Superman scenes to add his. The reason this is a problem, is because the other much bigger storylines regarding Superman were cut out or crammed into a montage which killed two birds with one stone (Superman saving people and the philosophical debate regarding him).Everything outside of Batman was rushed and choppy. I get that they wanted to show that what Pa Kent said was true, but we didn't really see Clark deal with it, he just kinda said he didn't care and after that all we got was faces (later we find out the dude only got 43 lines). And while it is important to show the bad, they didn't show any of the good. Clark was a miserable dude in this movie. we should have seen both sides of the coin, both him helping and bonding with people as well as people taking him to task. We should have seen things like Clark's relationship with Lois (instead she went on hunting for a bullet), Clark's dynamic at the Daily Planet (cut out and all we got were scenes of Perry Black being a hard ass), Clark and Luthor (Clark has no idea who Luthor is until the reveal). Oh, and this Lex is nothing but an Atheist with Daddy issues. Lex should have had a shitty childhood, but he should have grown stronger from it. Instead it feels like he was stunted by it. I loved MoS, but I wanted to see Clark's ongoing journey to become Superman, this movie didn't give me that.

TLDR

-The focused to much on Batman and didn't develop Superman

-Lex Sucked

#72 Edited by Heatforce (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: I don't recall Lex being an Atheist. I personally liked Lex (there were some stupid scenes like the jolly rancher scene) because I could literally feel the anger and hatred towards Superman seethe from the character. True his hatred for superman seems superficial but there are two things that clenched it for me:

1. Knowing that this is a different version of the character. What would be considered "earth 1" Lex is the father of Jesse's Lex. So different character means different motivations.

2. This piece of dialogue:

The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Ah. 'Cause that's what God is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El. Clark Joseph Kent. See. What we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Jo. Because God is tribal. God take sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fist and abominations. Mm mm. I've figured it out way back, if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he's all good then he cannot be all powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

I know you dislike his "daddy issues" but when you consider that his father (earth 1 lex) abused him physically and potentially sexually, I can see why he's psychologically a little off. Also, it makes his grudge against Superman not as petty since Superman is a "god" he can hurt and get revenge on one way or another.

I dunno maybe I simply like this Lex since this version actually seems threatening compared to the last two live-action takes (Reeve's superman films and Superman Returns).

#73 Posted by Transformaa (1079 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Batman242 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: I watched the Ultimate Cut! I loved it!

#76 Posted by comicace3 (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard it was better than the movie in theaters

#77 Edited by Batman242 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up said:

@batman242: I watched the Ultimate Cut! I loved it!

Yea, it made sense of some plot holes in the theatrical cut.

Now I have at least one extra feat for Supes now!!

#78 Posted by Perethorn (6295 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed theatrical version, despite all the hate it gets.

I'm looking forward to this, i'm curious to know how the plot or the movie in general changes with the additional minutes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.