Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

BVS less profitable than Man of Steel ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Final earnings for BVS are at 278 million which includes home video , box office , tv , merchandise, etc. While Man of Steel earned 300 million in total. If BVS is less profitable than MOS do you think this will draw red flags ? And if it does do you expect WB to do anything about it for their upcoming movies ?

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
    TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Final earnings for BVS are at 278 million which includes home video , box office , tv , merchandise, etc. While Man of Steel earned 300 million in total. If BVS is less profitable than MOS do you think this will draw red flags ? And if it does do you expect WB to do anything about it for their upcoming movies ?

its projected earnings, nothing is confirmed yet

but the likelihood appears to be there

personally I am quite surprised that BvS' box office revenue is likely to end up below US$1 billion. From the first week's earnings I had guessed the movie wouldn't have strong legs but the third week seemed to indicate even weaker legs than I expected

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I don't care for BvS:DoJ, I thought it would kill at the box office and in overall profit.

I don't think it will change much for WB. However, I don't trust them.

I wish all the people that don't like what Snyder and WB are doing would both organize and boycott all their movies to send a message. Perhaps we don't care enough anymore. For me, I'd rather have nothing that something that I don't either like or want.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.