Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Batman v Superman feedback from those who've seen it

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Batman v Superman obviously had good feedback, and it was a great movie, according to some people who've seen it.

Just saw #BatmanvSuperman - can't say anything about it until Tues 6pm EST, but I can say something about the tickets: BUY EM!!!!

If #BatmanvSuperman is an example of what to expect from future DC movies then Marvel better watch out

Batman v Superman was great. Jesse Eisenberg's performance in particular blew me away. #BatmanvSuperman

Still not over the #BVSPremiere. Still so giddy. Im totaaaaallllyy going to be seeing this again

There's more tweets like this in the link.

I honestly expected nothing less of reactions to the movie.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@captain_batman_ftw: I've read a couple reviews and they are exactly the opposite of these tweets...

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Anyone else looking forward to Civil War?

PsychoPinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are tweets from DC fanboys. They do not have reason or logic in their statements.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychopinata: lol. That's a bad excuse. Not to get offensive here, but you sound like a Marvel fanboy who wish that DC doesn't suceed. Not saying you are, just saying a sound like one, so I'm not trying to insult you or something.

Also, IGN said that one of the reasons the movie was bad, was because Doosday was only mad and had no intentions of anything, is it logical to say that a two and a half hour movie isn't good beause of a reason like them? No, it isn't.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I've seen some spoiler-free reviews from fans saying that the movie was fantastic, while untrustworthy people *cough critics cough* says the exact opposite.

Can you link up some of the reviews, though? I'm asking because some reviews of the movie has bad reasoning and some of them say the movie sucks by critisizing Snyder as a director and not the material in the movie itself.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I've seen some spoiler-free reviews from fans saying that the movie was fantastic, while untrustworthy people *cough critics cough* says the exact opposite.

Can you link up some of the reviews, though? I'm asking because some reviews of the movie has bad reasoning and some of them say the movie sucks by critisizing Snyder as a director and not the material in the movie itself.

Click here for Jeremy Jahns review of the movie

I just have found that many movies which I liked like Man Of Steel or Victor Frankenstien are shitted on by critics yet they are simply too awesome to not like themC....I hate it when critics do this....I mean, most critics gave bad ratings to Pixels due to plot holes...I mean it is a freakin' Adam sandler comedy!!! It doesn't need to have a solid plot, all it needs is to make you laugh!!!

Also, Comicbookresources and ComicsAlliance have also take a big dump on it!!!!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: lol, dude since when have critics been this untrustworthy gang of people you imagine?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Those are tweets from DC fanboys. They do not have reason or logic in their statements.

You sound like the a Marvel Fanboy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: lol, dude since when have critics been this untrustworthy gang of people you imagine?

There is a conspiracy to make the DCCU fail by critics. Didn't you know?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I'm aware. It's kinda out there.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the critics give Sharknado an 81 on RT that is when I know they know nothing. Look at the audience percentage on the website, its like 80 something, and Sharknado is like 40.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they always seem to after the small things in the movies. And also stuff like Arrow being 96% and Daredevil 87%.

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blacharrt

@captain_batman_ftw said:
    @silverpool said:

Because they always seem to after the small things in the movies. And also stuff like Arrow being 96% and Daredevil 87%.

It's abit different when the audience is saying the exact same things, and another thing you have posting with fanboy literally giving the movie a five stars because it has batman vs. superman in the live action film, but not judging the film as a whole.

I know this is true because i have read several pages of the Batman vs. Superman rotten tomato audience ratings. I have also read a lot of review where people didn't care for the move but still gave it a 3 or 4 stars, the average rating is showing 4 1/2 out of 124,000. So even if you don't trust paid critics, the rating is getting a C+ before it comes out, when it officially launches this weekend more ratings will pile in. We will see if the number goes up or down.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArkhamWrath

Just what i expected... movie unnecessary long-drawn with again a lot ''unnecessary'' story, which lead to expected fight - where we all expected that... Batman will beat Superman !!! And again... lets say ''honestly'' satisfied with the action scenes... and specail effects :)

And HONESTLY thismovie don't needed 2h 33m, it all can fit in ordinary 1h 30m !!! Waiting so long for sth fun/interesting to happen before battle of millennium... and almost was in mood to leave and get out from cinema :P Honestly i do that in TASM 2 at half of movie, where another 10-15 people join my !!!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first half of the movie is slow and has some really... Awkward scenes. At some points I didn't know what was going on. Anyone who's already seen the movie will know the scenes I'm talking about.

However the second half was amazing. Beautiful and intense action scenes, compelling dialogue, and very interesting themes and comparisons. Even Jessie's Lex Luthor, who I still don't entirely like, was admittedly really strong in the second half. While he wasn't the stoic businessman from the comics he did have the core hatred for Superman and what he represents to humanity that the comics Luthor has, and in that way it's probably the best Luthor we've had in a live action film. He isn't just a crook and I wouldn't say he's just a mad scientist either. He's out to prove to the world that their new god isn't what they thought he was.

The ending also really got to me.

All in all I'd give it a 6/10. If nothing else I walked out of the theater feeling like I got my money's worth of entertainment.

But when I get it on DVD and can skip the awkward scenes it'll be a 9/10 for me. This movie could have been much better with a few dropped scenes.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

I must say that i totally agree with u... but about 80-90%... :) And i don't know whats going on at some point... don't like that Luthor/Joker, mutant bugs with goggles...

Maybe will u agree with me... that in first half of movie - where is a lot of totally unnecessary things/story, Batman had enough time to beat one of his ordinary enemies in Gotham, instead of fight with nightmares and self ?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I honestly never felt the movie was long until the end, overall I thought it was a 7.5/10 movie or an 8/10. It could had went more to Batman past, and did not needed WW in the movie. Also Doomsday is ugly as hell, and Lex Luthor is great, but if you were expecting Lex Luthor from the comic book, you will be dissapointed. Also Batman is amazing in this movie,but the nightmare scenes are indeed stupid and pointless. Overall I enjoy the movie, but I felt if they just abandoned the dawn of justice part of the movie, and focus more on Bruce Wayne going insane and manipulated by Lex, this movie would had been much better. Also make Doomsday not look like a ugly cgi monster. I felt some of the complicated part went together nicely, but could go over people head easily, which is why I wish they would had focus more on Batman past, then focusing on STUPID DREAM SEQUENCE. Basically you will enjoy the messy movie, but you won't get an amazing movie.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the movie.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it a 6/10. I didn't like Lex at all, Batfleck was ok he didn't blow me away, Supes was meh. Wonder Woman and Alfred were the characters I loved the most. When WW showed up to save Batman was my favorite part. At the end of Bruce's nightmare, can anyone tell me who that was and what was going on.

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Omanlew

The movie was very confusing and difficult to understand. Batman's visions were all over the place and confusing. It was an okay movie, the flash looks like a bitcch though and they needed more Wonder Woman for sure.

Does anyone know what really happened with the guy on the wheel chair and the alien soldiers?? That part was so confusing with batman.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

This movie is an utter waste of time and money. A profound dissapointment on every level, oddly edited structured, characterized. Batman and Superman just straight murder people.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@king_nomarch: @omanlew: Pretty sure Bruce's nightmare was meant to tease a future invasion of Darkseid and show Superman's potential allegiance with him. After he awakes from the dream within a dream (ugh), The Flash warns him about the death of Superman's mother and then Bruce awakens from that dream (ughhhh). Yeah its confusing.

What didn't you understand about the wheelchair guy?

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omanlew

@theexile285: Oh, I thought the guy on the wheel chair was the guy in red warning batman after the dream, was that scene part of the dream I can't remember how that worked.. he liked jumped out of his computer or something?

Also, we saw that Wonder Woman was clearly old in that movie... how old do we think she is in the cinematic verse?

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheExile285: I understood the wheelchair guy, it was Flash showing up at the end because I wasn't sure that was him that Bruce saw.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I felt like many of the actors missed their marks or departed to much away from the comic/cartoon characters.

Batman was Terrible. I honestly don't want to see Ben Afleck do another Superhero movie..
    Lex Luther was ABYSMAL-- and thought he was the Joker.
    Wonder Woman was a bit too petite--- but ended up kicking more butt than Batman.
    Why does Lois have red hair???
    The Flash's cameo was just random and unnecessary.

Highlights--
    Superman was actually the only redeeming character for me.
    I was excited to see Aquaman and Cyborg! Loved both their cameos.

Other than that-- at least we have X-men Apocalypse and Civil War to look forward to.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought it was great, i loved every minute of it. i can't wait to buy it on blu-ray and Mercy Graves was sexy as hell !

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zensum

LOVED IT

Dont let the critic's form your opinions for you. Go out and see it for yourselves!!!

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's not a movie that everyone can enjoy, but I and quite a few other people I know loved it.

I won't say its perfect, there are some flaws. But unlike most critical reviews, I can look past them and appreciate some amazing moments that are now some of my favourites it all film history.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ConnorKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Batman and Superman's feedback. Pretty funny. Good animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7b8uHiNcQ

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.