Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition Details Revealed

• 83 results
#51 Posted by ThomasElliot (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@the_stegman: As are you but we share differences of opinion on this when it seems you're willing to set your standards a lot lower for Superman in movies currently even though you like classic Superman in the comics.

The thing is BvS defenders paint everyone as haters for all the same reasons. What irks me is that BvS has some real, true problems that I feel like won't be addressed because everyone keeps doting on the same idiot complaints.

I don't think BvS is too dark, or too confusing.

My issue is that its just not a smart story, and doesn't feature any smart characters.

The World's Greatest Detective doesn't question a single thing... doesn't pick up on a single clue. Let's himself get played. Adam West's cheeseball 60's Batman shows way more intelligence in his puns alone. "Hmm, Luthor getting all this kryptonite. Weird lady took the data I stole off Luthor. Dude that worked for me blew himself up and the only person not there is the guy who was paying him off, Lex Luthor. Hmm... Luthor. Lex Luthor. Name keeps coming. Guess I better KILL SUPERMAN".

Then an oblivious Superman who is equally as dumb:

"Hey, I don't like you Batman... I know you only beat up bad guys, which must mean the guys you're chasing in that truck are bad, but I don't care that they have machine guns and a rocket launcher, I'm going to interrupt you to get in your face and tell you... 'Don't do that' ".

WTF was even the point of that? In that scene, both of them should have ended their sentences with 'Bro'. Just dumb as all get out.

I LIKE a Superman that had to kill Zod to protect the innocent. I don't like a Superman who wouldn't bust criminals first before getting in Batman's face. It made no sense. Ditto for Luthor holding a certain someone hostage. Now, I read that a deleted scene shows Superman making at attempt to find that kidnapped person first before confronting Batman... which would have made a world of difference to the overall plot and characterization.

A lot of the other bad stuff is just devil in the details.

Can the United States seriously get approval, prep, launch, and blow up a nuclear missile in less than 5 minutes? It takes Superman about the same amount of time to recover from it?

Speaking of which, is a nuclear missile faster or slower than a speeding bullet?

If I were to fly you into space above New York City, then dropped you and you fell back to Earth... would you actually land somewhere on the same block from whence we came? Or did Doomsday just have a thing for smashing empty buildings on a very specific block and bee-lined it back to that spot?

A certain milestone moment in comics is pretty much the last 10 minutes of the film? Its the equivalent of Gwen Stacy's death at the end of ASM2. Rushed and not handled well.

Friend said to me, "Well, he had to die so that the people would love him again". Really? Isn't the mere fact that Luthor gets exposed for being behind every single evil plot not enough to accomplish the same end result?

I wanted an epic film ala Dark Knight or Avengers and what I got was the DC version of Transformers or Amazing Spider-man. Good eye candy, but just not smart. Man of Steel, which I actually like, had a lot more going on than BvS did.

I will give it another chance and watch the extended cut... maybe with my expectations busted, I can be more accepting of it the 2nd time around.

#52 Posted by Stefano (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

poop just got poopier.

#53 Edited by Farkam (12057 posts) - - Show Bio

the most universally-despised movie of all time, now with never-before-seen footage

Nah, that's the FF Reboot, at least in terms of superhero movies.

@amazing_webhead: Its not even the most despised Batman movie as Forever and Robin take that place.

Nah, just Batman and Robin. Forever has a good balance of badass Batman stuff and goofy sh*t imo.

#54 Posted by SwampPing (258 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this! Jena Malone! Clark investigating! AHHH!

#55 Posted by SwampPing (258 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#56 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

@swampping: well given how much everyone always bashes it you wouldn't think so

#57 Posted by wbr17 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks interesting but it won't stop all the whining over the internet.

#58 Posted by The V0id (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate this movie.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#59 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

Still won't love it but the movie will make more sense now

~MiB

#60 Posted by Renzoa (377 posts) - - Show Bio

man can wait to see superman destroy the batmobile again and own batman 500 million dollars.

#61 Edited by Ultra_beleco (389 posts) - - Show Bio

- Gosh. Barbara looks awfull. I tought it was an original character at first.

- By the way Wonder woman Gets more extra content than actual screen time in this movie.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#62 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the movie and didn't hear anyone complain on the way out of the theater, so seeing something with a bit more substance won't be much different.

An open mind is led to sway.

#63 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

It is really expensive. I have not seen this yet, now i see the price for it i will wait for rexbox. Or maybe on cable.

#64 Posted by lordraiden (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forwarded to see what the extra half hour does?

#65 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that the extra 30 minutes helps flesh out the movie a bit more and potentially redeem it all together.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
#66 Posted by knightofthechronicle (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that loved this movie

#67 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm not sure..Could be good by all accounts.

No Caption Provided

#69 Posted by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

I will look at it to so if there are better feats on it (like Superman ramming a missile).

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#70 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofthechronicle: You're really not. I consider the source, in any case. A guy above us made an entire spiel about how Dawn of Justice wasn't as epic as the Dark Knight or the Avengers.

#71 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a lot of Superman stuff was cut, like the rumors said

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#72 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

- Gosh. Barbara looks awfull. I tought it was an original character at first.

- By the way Wonder woman Gets more extra content than actual screen time in this movie.

Malone isn't Barbara...IIRC she's still playing an unidentified character. But, from the looks of it, she's probably Cat Grant. It would be cool if she was Barbara though.

#73 Posted by Ultra_beleco (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

I hope it is a new character. She looks bad as Barbara (Unless she is undecover...?) and Cat Would be compared to the one from Supergirl who is one of the best characters in that show, here she will have few minutes to make an impresison and we already have Lois and Perry in the Daily Planet, she would end like Olsen.

#74 Edited by Madripoor (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#75 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@redmanta said:

so Jena Malone is cat grant

Exactly what I also think. That doesn't really seem like Barbara Gordon, more like Cat Grant. And it makes more sense for Cat to speak with Lois about journalism than Barbara Gordon.

#76 Posted by AbdullahZubair (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

So...this is the ultimate cut, but will we get the pg 13 cinema version in this or will it be available seperately(If at all)...??

I just want 2 compare both of them...

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#77 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that we get to see more from Superman's arc and his point of view of his situation. Btw, I knew that the Batman vs LexCorp security guards would come to this! Can't wait to see another awesome fight scene (unless it's stealth) from Batman, because the action of this movie was really underwhelming.

#78 Edited by apokos7 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@abdullahzubair: As stated in the article:

• The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the Ultimate Edition in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc with the theatrical version and special features in HD, and Digital HD versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version.
  • The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition and hi-definition, as well as the Ultimate Edition in hi-definition;
  • the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray;
  • and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition.

The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack include digital versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version movies in Digital HD with UltraViolet*.

Fans can also own “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” via purchase from digital retailers.

So depending on what you want, pick the option that fits your needs.

#79 Posted by jlat89 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw: Would be a(nother) missed opportunity if she's not Barbara Gordon. In that brief tease definitely seems like Cat Grant =/

#80 Posted by Ashik (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, cause Dick snyder ruined Lex & Diana for me.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
#81 Posted by TheCapedDetective (557 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer seems good. Glad that it has that scene with Batman at Lexcorp. All we need in it is some character development. It was a flawed movie but I did like it because of Batman, Alfred and Diana. Hope the ultimate cut ends up better.

#82 Posted by AbdullahZubair (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

@apokos7 said:

@abdullahzubair: As stated in the article:

• The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the Ultimate Edition in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc with the theatrical version and special features in HD, and Digital HD versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version.
  • The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition and hi-definition, as well as the Ultimate Edition in hi-definition;
  • the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray;
  • and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition.

The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack include digital versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version movies in Digital HD with UltraViolet*.

Fans can also own “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” via purchase from digital retailers.

So depending on what you want, pick the option that fits your needs.

Tnx all these things are confusing 4 me so I gave up half way through the article...

#83 Posted by Tony_Shark (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

No super edition will change Batman being a murderer.

Or the terrible editing.

Or sad excuse for a pre Justice League film

Or the most butchered Death of Superman adaptation

#84 Posted by Anjales_II (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@apokos7: You can see Barbara Gordon in the trailer.

No Caption Provided

There's also a Bruce-in-the-shower scene.

waitwaitwait....was it confirmed that Jena Malone is playing Barbara Gordon? Or is it just a rumor/fan speculation...because based on those 2 seconds from the trailer I don't think she is...hope I'm wrong

#85 Posted by Anjales_II (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

No super edition will change Batman being a murderer.

Or the terrible editing.

Or sad excuse for a pre Justice League film

Or the most butchered Death of Superman adaptation

I'm pretty sure there's a high chance at least the editing will be fixed, considering that, in my opinion, the scenes were so badly edited in the movie because they had to remove scenes, and so, since this edition adds said scenes, the movie will probably flow better with smoother editing. Here' s hoping at least.

As for the other stuff...weeeellll if you didn't like it in the theatrical release then nothing will change for you here unless they have like a completely alternate ending (like..Superman not dying) which I highly doubt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.