Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition Details Revealed

• 83 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's an Ultimate edition of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coming. It will contain 30 minutes of new footage and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on July 19th. Here's the full details:

No Caption Provided

Prepare for war when “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” arrives onto Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD. The extended cut will be available on all Blu-ray formats and Digital HD.

In “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” features an extended cut of the film which includes 30 more minutes of story and action not seen in theaters. The extended cut is rated R.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $44.95, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and 2-disc DVD Special Edition for $28.98. The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the Ultimate Edition in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc with the theatrical version and special features in HD, and Digital HD versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition and hi-definition, as well as the Ultimate Edition in hi-definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray; and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack include digital versions of both the Ultimate Edition and theatrical version movies in Digital HD with UltraViolet*. Fans can also own “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” via purchase from digital retailers.

The Blu-ray discs of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” will feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment that aren’t Dolby Atmos compatible.

From director Zack Snyder (“Man of Steel”) comes “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” starring Oscar winner Ben Affleck (“Argo”) as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Henry Cavill (“Man of Steel,” “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”) as Superman/Clark Kent in the characters’ first big-screen pairing.

The film also stars Oscar nominees Amy Adams (“American Hustle,” “Man of Steel”) as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg (“The Social Network”) as Lex Luthor, Diane Lane (“Unfaithful,” “Man of Steel”) as Martha Kent, and Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It,” “Man of Steel”) as Perry White; Oscar winners Jeremy Irons (“Reversal of Fortune”) as Alfred, and Holly Hunter (“The Piano”) as Senator Finch; and Gal Gadot (the “Fast and Furious” films) as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

Snyder directed from a screenplay written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, based on characters from DC Comics, including Batman, created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, and Superman, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The film was produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, with Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and David S. Goyer serving as executive producers.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Standard Definition 2-Disc DVD contain the following special features:

• Uniting the World’s Finest
    • Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants
    • The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder
    • Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
    • Superman: Complexity & Truth
    • Batman: Austerity & Rage
    • Wonder Woman: Grace & Power
    • Batcave: Legacy of the Lair
    • The Might and the Power of a Punch
    • The Empire of Luthor
    • Save the Bats

Check out the trailer containing new footage:

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

If I see this movie again, chances are that I'll grow to hate it even more.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm curious to see what happens in those extra 30 minutes and how they add to the rest of the film's narrative.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@apokos7: You can see Barbara Gordon in the trailer.

No Caption Provided

There's also a Bruce-in-the-shower scene.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Usually I avoid digital releases and wait for the Bluray...but I may give in and buy both for those extra 30 mins, I wanna see it as soon as I can. Since the digital copy releases a lot earlier.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Excited to get the dvd, the movie was entertaining and Batman was awesome, but I be lying if I said the movie was good or terrible, it was just okay overall. Hopefully the extended cut makes it better, since the story was cohesive, it just had awkward cuts and edit.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i can't wait to get it on Blu-ray.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am very excited to see they are releasing the R rated extended cut. Curious to see how much darker the movie can get.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By apokos7
    MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

That was probably the best trailer this movie ever had and actually has me excited to see the movie again despite hating it. :/

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie wasn't 100% perfect but I will definitely be buying and watching every minute of extras!

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmanfromheck: I dont think that is Barbra and more likely Cat Grant as she is in the Daily Planet and is blonde.

Hmm Bruce shower scene and its R rated? Nice ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poop just got poopier.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator
    righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying it as soon as it releases. Loved the movie and can't wait to see what the extra footage adds

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: That could be and would actually be cool to see.

Though she could just be an undercover spy that gets the Jimmy Olsen treatment. :/

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@darkdetective27: Ugh, I may not have been a huge Jimmy fan, but killing him was dumb.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darkdetective27

@the_stegman: Im a big Jimmy Olsen fan and was hoping he'd appear in the next solo Superman and them develop their friendship. Looks like I wont get to see that. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
    deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem wasn't what was cut out, it was what was left in. This does nothing for me.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

so Jena Malone is cat grant

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G'damn! DC certainly knows how to cut a trailer at least!

It looks like we're getting extended desert and senate scenes, both of which confused most people who weren't paying attention, or were disliked for being choppy/short. I also see that Clark is getting a few more scenes, which is great too!

Oh, and is that Superman tanking a missile to the face??

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redmanta: Thats what Im guessing. So underwhelming. :/

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Key words to this whole thing, FLESHED OUT. Looking forward to watching this thing as it was supposed to be.

Hoping for the best, trying to keep a rational mind. Can't go off these nice tingly feelings the awesome trailer is giving me.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@farkam said:

poop just got poopier.

This.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That extra scene about Africa really did my perceptions on BvS absolutely no favours, it continues to go down a path that takes Cav-El further away from the character he's supposed to be playing. Not to mention that most of the 30 extra minutes seems to still be Batman related scenes.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@lvenger: Pretty astonishing for you to know that from a trailer less than 2 minutes long.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

@outside_85: lvenger is a good guy, but I've come to accept he won't like this Superman unless he is radically changed.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gracetrack

So why the R-rating? What of the added content is making it R?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I'm basing it on what the trailer chose to present, the Bruce Wayne shower scene, the Barbara Gordon cameo, more Jeremy Irons batcave chats and who knows what else. The only Superman centric related extension we can see is the senate one and a little bit added onto the Africa scenes. Perhaps there'll be something else so you can be all defensive of this film and say to us sceptics you told us so, but there's not much evidence to support that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: As are you but we share differences of opinion on this when it seems you're willing to set your standards a lot lower for Superman in movies currently even though you like classic Superman in the comics.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

the most universally-despised movie of all time, now with never-before-seen footage

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I know man, I mean ultimate edition isn't even out yet.

Btw, do you maybe know how to put gifs in comments. It didn't work for me :(

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazing_webhead: Its not even the most despised Batman movie as Forever and Robin take that place.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the most universally-despised movie of all time, now with never-before-seen footage

Har dee haar! You sure is funny!

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: According to Zack Snyder, the R rating is because the original between Batman and Superman was so violent that it got an R rating. Though Im curious if in the Bruce shower scene they show his Batawang.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Outside_85

@the_stegman:True, which is a shame since it doesn't allow for even midly different interpretations. My point is however it's just a bit silly complaining about something he has no chance in hell to actually know if is the case unless he actually worked in the editing room.

@lvenger:Pardon for saying this, but that's like saying the upcoming Independence Day movie will be nothing but jets vs UFO's, longwinded patriotic speeches and big ships crashing into major cities.

@eto said:

@outside_85: I know man, I mean ultimate edition isn't even out yet.

Btw, do you maybe know how to put gifs in comments. It didn't work for me :(

My point exactly.

Put them in as an image.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mfundroid

Does Superman have a likable personality, even a couple of smiles will do, in this version?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I don't believe your example works because the upcoming Independence Day film is undoubtedly going to be like that since that's what made the original so popular.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@outside_85: I don't believe your example works because the upcoming Independence Day film is undoubtedly going to be like that since that's what made the original so popular.

Yes, but it also ignores like 90% of the rest of the movie that didn't do any of that. What they put in trailers are setpieces thats supposed to pull us in. Another example is X-Men Apoc, that didn't have like a 20 minute feature of Quicksilver wizzing about, cities floating into the air or Apoc bellowing at an invisible audience.

Also, I think this Ultimate Edition is going to be very much like the extended cuts of the LotR movies, where the additional stuff was seconds and minutes worth of additional stuff spread across a 2.5 hour movie. It didn't change anything major, but I personally notice their absence whenever one of the theatrical cuts makes its way across the tv.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Superman have a likable personality, even a couple of smiles will do, in this version?

He actually does have a very likeable personality and many smiles if you actually watch the movies(MOS and this) though much less in BvS sadly but you catch him at a bad time where the reality of his existence and actions is throwing the worlds governments for a loop, and he has a smear campaign launched against him by a maniac who incidentally is hatching a plot to kill him. Now you can't fault this Superman for that because it's just this part of his life that the moviemakers decided to highlight. Was that maybe a wrong move to delve straight into the sad stuff without really showing us universally loved and happy Supes saving people that he was pre-Lex smear campaign, sure but i wouldn't say his personality is unlikeable because he's having a rough time. That's ludicrous.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

There's also a Bruce-in-the-shower scene.

Loading Video...

Now we're talking.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can they digitally edit out Lex. I would buy it then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I honestly don't know. On the one hand this just upsets me further because it looks like they cut out nearly all of Supes' screen time. I don't want to be suckered into buying this thing and regretting it. BVS left with some serious trust issues. We'll see.
    I honestly don't know. On the one hand this just upsets me further because it looks like they cut out nearly all of Supes' screen time. I don't want to be suckered into buying this thing and regretting it. BVS left with some serious trust issues. We'll see.

No Caption Provided
    Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: tell me... Do you poop? You will.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48  Edited By nappystr8

The funny thing is that the embedded trailer is actually terrific. I would have been stoked to see this movie. It seems like a lot of things that were cut would have made the movie a lot more cohesive. Still regardless of what is in that 30 minutes of extra footage, I don't think there is anyway that it could salvage all the wreckage which was in the 2 hours and 30 minutes we did see already.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gracetrack

@darkdetective27: Thanks. Not that I don't believe you, but do you by chance have a source?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I wonder if the 30 extra minutes would really change the perception of the film. I doubt it but you never know. I'd also really like to hear a commentary from Snyder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.