Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Review

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Yikes! Just Yikes!

may just bypass this movie altogether.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jkutz said:

I loved the parts where Batman whipped out actual guns and murdered people. Yeah only die hard DC fanboys can defend this piece of garbage movie. I liked MoS but this movie was just pathetic on all fronts.

It's called spoiler tags you moron.

Avatar image for razor_ramon_wwe
    Razor_ramon_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These reviews are all full of it. Batman vs superman was a much better movie than any avengers live action movie. This seems more of a conspiracy against DC

4/5 for me.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman v superman was disappointing. alot of pacing . the man who played lex luthor was more like riddler to me. batman fights was good. doomsday was terrible and he was too early to be in the movie. he was boring. i give the movie 5/10. captain america civil war is next. marvel doesn't disappoint

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The movie was very mediocre. I found movies like Fantastic 4 (Jessica alba one) and Catwoman more fun than this. Some of the actors like Batman and Lex really missed their mark.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw it.

It pretty much was my expectations going in. Wasn't anything special, Good action.

Looming forward to reading the battle threads for batman and doomsday

Really liked wonder woman

Doomsday was cool

The non action scenes with batman were great

Had a good time watching it. Definitely could have been better.

I couldn't keep up with all the explosions near the end

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Is time to say it, The Snyder Experiment should be over.

Snyder is great at visuals, but even his fight scenes and action scenes have the same problem.

STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE.

Snyder should be working with other directors, not being the director of this films.

Also 3 Star from this site, well DAMN!!!

After watching the film last night, I couldn't agree more.

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said it before and I'll say it again Zach Snyder needs to go.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder is great at cinematography and action choreography but he really, really needs to partner up with someone because he does not do things like pacing or narrative coherence well without a firm editor to rein him in and stop him from literally losing the plot. I mean, I didn't hate it because I'm super easy to please movie wise, but it was a seriously flawed movie. Overall above average, should have spent less time trying to set up other movies and more on its own plot...also Henry Cavill needs to take more acting lessons because he had the emotion range of a brick. Keep Snyder on for choreography and cinematography though, just please don't let him try to do character moments.

Affleck was a great Batman tho, absolutely great and fit the role excellently. I'd actually say he was a better Batman in half of one movie than Bale was in three.

Eisenberg needs to get dunked on though. Could not stand the little shit.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhoodie said:

No Caption Provided

You just made my day. This film has made so many people think that they live in a world full of conspiracy theories, denial and paranoia. Apparently one can't associate the words "mediocre" or "okay at best" to this film. LOL :D at least I gave it a chance.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at all the people that say oh if you dislike this movie your just a marvel fanboy, wah theres a conspiracy against DC, no, this was just a below average movie, people care about the quality of the film they are seeing and dont have to care about what company created it. If Suicide Squad is good it will get good reviews, then all these "conspiracy" comments will have to stop.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By ScouterV

At least judging by how much fun I had at BvS.
    At least judging by how much fun I had at BvS.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thought it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but it still wasn't a good movie at all. Pacing was terrible, character motivations made no sense and the storylines didn't tie in well with each other. The writing done for this movie was just lazy and very messy.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel so sorry for Ben Affleck in the Sad Affleck video. He looks so disappointed. He seemed really excited during the production of this film, and its blown up in his face. Its like he's seeing his rejuvenated career get destroyed. Its a shame really as i think he is one of the positives to take away from BvS. Hope he still gets his solo Batman film, so he can really shine.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#417  Edited By Extremis

@the_stegman said:

@knightofthechronicle: Well, Chris Terrio said JL will have a much lighter tone than MOS and BvS, if that helps.

It's the only thing they could say to save face after this critical mess.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By Extremis

Batfleck does a solid job, Gal Gadot proved me wrong as a great WW, and Cavill... Well, he does what he can with a poorly written Supes. I don't blame the actors here. Even Eisenberg is just doing what he's told. They should've stuck with Heisenberg rather than Eisenberg and, from everything being written about it now, there's only Zack Snyder to blame. And not just in that instance. There's a lot wrong with this thing.

If the movie was going to fail it was going to be because of Snyder's creative failure. Called it.

So nice being able to say I told you so ;)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie was a failure. If you can't see that you are most definitely a delusional fanboy. 3 years and a budget of 250 mil not too mention 150 mil in marketing and this is the best they could do with 2 of the most iconic super heroes of all time? Conspiracy theories? Really? No the movie was bad there is no conspiracy. Hell, look at all the people who were praising this film before it was ever released are now backtracking quickly. But yeah let's blame the critics, blame Rotten Tomatos, blame Disney, blame Marvel, blame Marvel fanboys, blame Stan Lee, blame kids, blame jokes, blame the tone, blame MCU, blame haters, blame the Illuminati, blame Trump, blame ISIS, blame the Kardashians. But let's definitely not blame WB or Snyder and Co for this turd. I was hoping I was going to like this movie especially after I spent $54 on tickets for me and my best friend(who hated this as well). This movie was all over the place. Batman kills people but doesn't kill the Joker or Luthor seems legit. Cavill Superman was wooden and pathetic. WW had no need to be there but let's jam her in there anyway. Not sure why people said she was great she bearly did anything more than what you seen in the trailers and said a few lines. Eisenburg was his usual horrible self. Doomsday looked terrible and out of place. That ending was bad. You can tell when people have to try to slam Marvle movies that they have no argument. This movie wasn't fun and there was little joy or hope to be found. Those are important elements to any film. People equate fun to being funny and not serious but you couldn't be more wrong. The Terminator Judgement Day was a serious and dark film but I still had fun watching it, same goes for Aliens. We get it Zack with the over the top music and it always seem to be dark out or raining, your movies are serious and dark. Nothing like being beat over the head with that through the whole film. The funny thing is look at the Daredevil series and you'll see Marvel pull off a better serious, dark and gritty show with less of a budget. Deadpool was better and had less than quarter of the budget of BvS. Lmfao at people trying to say this movie was to deep for a lot of people to get. Sure it was and Suckerpunch was a cinematic masterpiece. Half the people spouting that nonsense can't even spell properly or form a coherent sentence but accuse others of not being able to figure out a Zack Snyder film? Seems legit.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Batman basically being a serial killer ruined this for me. So much potential and they eff up one of the easiest details to get right. Very disappointed and 3 stars is about right. Loved Man of Steel so I'll always have that.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel fanboys eating so much crow right now. LOL

One can only imagine how much it would have made had the hate campaign/anti DC machine been a non factor from the beginning. Just wait til Justice league mwahahahahaha! Suck it haters.

zoso2308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: can we cool it with the marvel fan boy crap? I don't think anyone doubted financially that this movie would do bonkers good. Just because someone didn't like the movie and happens to like marvel movies does not mean they just hate DC. I personally didn't care for this movie just due to the fact I felt like the dark tones were shoved down my throat it had nothing to do with marvel movies. If someone's defense of the movie is "suck it marvel fanboys" then that person is not adding anything to the conversation. If you want to defend your opinion based on what you liked them I'm all ears. Otherwise you come off as childish

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 the_stegman  Moderator

@extremis: He said it before the movie came out.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I blame dc for trying to rush the JL more than I do zack snyder. Overall the movie was okay, Batman definetely made it worth watching.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

I blame dc for trying to rush the JL more than I do zack snyder. Overall the movie was okay, Batman definetely made it worth watching.

They are both responsible.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sex is good, But have you ever looked right in someone's eyes and said: "I told you so." ?

Yeah. We all knew what was coming.

scarspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe people are actually buying these bs negative reviews. Go out and judge for yourself. I saw it this morning and really enjoyed it. I can see how non-comicbook readers may be somewhat confounded with the Darkseid references, but comic book readers should really enjoy this.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@smoothjammin said:

One can only imagine how much it would have made had the hate campaign/anti DC machine been a non factor from the beginning. Just wait til Justice league mwahahahahaha! Suck it haters.

This seems like a strangely random and insecure post.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@smoothjammin said:

This seems like a strangely random and insecure post.

His post is random and sort of insecure, but basically what he's saying is that it will make a boat load, even with the hate.

But to be honest, the negative reviews only affect European and American markets, It seems that no other country cares about critics.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 the_stegman  Moderator

@extremis: He said this would be like the "Empire Strikes Back" of the series.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: If you think that is central to the actual plot of the movie then you need to reevaluate on what you think BvS is about. It's not a spoiler because you could see it in the trailers lol

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OptimucCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed with the movie. Thought the actors all did fine with what they were given. Special praise to Affleck; his Batman was awesome. Huge problem with his Batman, though (not due to Affleck). He killed so many people. I actually sat there thinking, "Wow, Bats just really screwed that guy up. Brutal." It eventually turned into horror and, "Holy shit, he's actually just killing everybody." Zack Snyder needs to go. Please keep him away from JL.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I have seen it twice. I don't think the movie was bad at all. I enjoyed it immensely. It doesn't deserve the bad reviews it received. Gadot was great as Wonder Woman! Can't wait for her solo movie.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#436  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I thought this film was great. It's not perfect, I'll tell you that. There are scenes in just I just wish weren't in there as they were unnecessary (in my point of view) and other scenes that could have been utilized better later on in the film as I felt it disturbed the flow.

But honestly, for a company that is trying to compete with Marvel right off the bat (no pun intended), it was great. Marvel had years to build characters and set the Avengers, with this movie you set up something huge for Justice League within 2 1/2 hours.

Ben Affleck as Batman was great so was Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor. In my opinion it was more like an 8/10.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the movie, thought it was good. It didn't blow me away but it was good for what it was.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. Was it perfect? Nope. Was it as good as the best Marvel movies? Nope. Was it as good a time as the average Marvel movie is? Yup.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#439 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

How is anyone surprised exactly? The movie turning out bad was pretty obvious to me since it's announcement.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10 and not lower then 8/10 .. how the hell 3/5= 6/10?!?!? I loved it, Finally they made Batman fight like Batman, and Doomsday in the trailer looked like shit but in the movie .. damn they made him good.

Yes the movie jumps around from character to character, but overall it makes sense.

This is a cinematic version, there are tons of stuff for fans. be open minded.
    This movie is a mix of "Superman: Doomsday" and "Batman Dark Knight Returns Part II".

The Battle between Bats and Supes was amazing, This version of Lex is different from Comics Lex, but damn is he a psychopath.

This is the Best version of Batman to date.

D3ADP00L6723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to see it for myself but it seems critics and audiences are really divided on this film.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By MuyJingo

@makkyd said:
    @muyjingo said:
    @o-face said:
    @muyjingo said:

I just saw BvS in NYC last night. It's truly disappointing. Everyone coming out was disappointed. I don't think this film will have nearly as much as a divide as Man of Steel did.

Batman kills. We saw EVERYTHING in the trailers. The reason they fight, and stop fighting, does not make sense. Bad CGI. Bad dialog.Lex Luthor. Ugh. Talking to the audience without hiding it at all.

Also, where was Dianna when Zod was destroying her planet?

If WB keep Snyder on Justice League after this, I will be very surprised.

Most people don't care about that aspect of Batman in the film. We have had 26 years of that stuff.

Previous Batman films had Batman killing implicitly, as collateral damage that wasn't his fault, or by not saving people when he could. In this movie, Batman straight up shoots guns at people and kills them. I think that's a bit different.

I don't remember Batman killing anyone with guns outside of the nightmare/vision. He uses guns only to either shoot trackers or kryptonite gas canisters in the actual story line.

No. That was the first time I noticed him using a gun, but when he rescues Martha he grabs an assault rifle from an attacker and sprays other goons with it, and kills the guy manning the truck mounted gun with the batwing.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:
    @makkyd said:
    @muyjingo said:
    @o-face said:
    @muyjingo said:

I just saw BvS in NYC last night. It's truly disappointing. Everyone coming out was disappointed. I don't think this film will have nearly as much as a divide as Man of Steel did.

Batman kills. We saw EVERYTHING in the trailers. The reason they fight, and stop fighting, does not make sense. Bad CGI. Bad dialog.Lex Luthor. Ugh. Talking to the audience without hiding it at all.

Also, where was Dianna when Zod was destroying her planet?

If WB keep Snyder on Justice League after this, I will be very surprised.

Most people don't care about that aspect of Batman in the film. We have had 26 years of that stuff.

Previous Batman films had Batman killing implicitly, as collateral damage that wasn't his fault, or by not saving people when he could. In this movie, Batman straight up shoots guns at people and kills them. I think that's a bit different.

I don't remember Batman killing anyone with guns outside of the nightmare/vision. He uses guns only to either shoot trackers or kryptonite gas canisters in the actual story line.

No. That was the first time I noticed him using a gun, but when he rescues Martha he grabs an assault rifle from an attacker and sprays other goons with it, and kills the guy manning the truck mounted gun with the batwing.

He blew up the car with the batwing and the scene saving Martha he grabs the gun while the guy is still holding it. Far from ruining the Batman character, people are over reacting considering the biggest offense was a dream within a dream

I saw the movie and thought it was very good, not perfect but still very entertaining. Parts could have been cut sure, but to straight bash it as a failure is WAY over the top to me. Affleck was great Gadot was great and for anyone bashing the music they need to have their heads checked because the score was AMAZING. The worst thing about the movie was parts of Snyders use of cinematography (slow motion when unneeded).

Also if you don't think the story made sense or the characters side stories didn't fit then you were paying attention because it all made perfect sense. I don't see how you watched the movie and didn't make sense of the story or how they all came together. Only 1 character came out of nowhere but even that was explained if you pay attention. Theres a difference between not making sense and not being spoonfed.

i really think people are bashing this movie for the sake of bashing it because I could only find maybe a handful of flaws with it and I went into it looking for flaws. I was expecting over the top audio with senseless violence to the public and no real plot...I got none of that...they went out of their way to avoid it actually and explained how! If anything I would cut maybe 10 minutes from it, maybe more if I rewatch it again and thats nit picking. People wanted this to be terrible before the first trailer came out and it shows

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simple1dea: technically in Nolan verse he doesn't kill them, he just doesn't save them. But in this film it's just straight up murder lol

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I defended MoS when it came out, especially when Superman killed Zod. "He had no choice" I said, "maybe this is what prompts him to not kill again" I said. But dude the savagery of Batman's ruthless killings in this movie I can't defend.

Seriousness from a movie I can tolerate, hell all of Nolan's Bat movies were serious but they were entertaining. This movie was just straight up boring.

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are not complaints, these are just things that stood out to me:

I was also thrown off by the Flash scene. When he appeared in that helmet I thought for a second it was Red Hood. I'm confused because it seems it was a dream sequence within a dream sequence.

Also I know Superman can survive a nuclear explosion but Jesus I didn't know his outfit could too!

And lastly did anyone else notice that awfully close view of Wonder Woman's baby maker when she was fighting Doomsday?

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By BlackLegRaph

Just saw it, and the reactions were overblown as expected.

It was pretty much what I expected. They tried to put enough of the 2 mains in the allotted time and had issues, but certainly not to any point that it became too difficult to follow. The dream sequences would probably be the most off-putting to people.

The actors worked well in their roles. For those upset about Eisenberg's Luthor because he wasn't what they expected, that's understandable, just like the joke-cracking Ultron, but certainly not to the extent of actor Mandarin.

It was certainly dark and didn't have too many happy moments, but I don't see that as much of a fault, and the ending does have some uplifting content. Then again, I've never seen the "too dark" thing as much of a valid criticism. I wouldn't say it was that much different from the Nolan films in that regard either. That is one area that would definitely raise suspicion of hypocrisy.

thenikohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did like the movie, but as the article says, the movie doesnt let one happy moment be there. Alot of people think that DC Needs to be dark in order to compete With Marvel. But no, I dont want a Superman who struggles to see the meaning of life etc. 7/10 from me, great movie, but not a great start at their extended movie universe

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Most of this movie was meh. The Wonder Woman fight was bad ass. I like the idea of merge The Dark Knight Returns with Death and Return of Superman. The most interesting part of the movie was when Batman saw the Parademon future and the Flash rips through the time barrier and tries to warn him about the future. I'd give it a 5/10.

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simple1dea: technically in Nolan verse he doesn't kill them, he just doesn't save them. But in this film it's just straight up murder lol

Not true.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.