Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

Are Supeman and Doomsday too powerful for a good movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just looking at the new trailer for Batman vs Superman, I can already tell that some characters, like Superman and Doomsday, are going to be very OP. I feel like that will distance some viewers, because it will feel to outside of reality, like the comics. The extreme power levels in the film may mess with the sense of reality of some viewers and critics, and effect general ratings.

I like the way Marvel is handling power levels so far. Keeping moderately powerful characters, like Captain America and Iron Man, at the level they are in the comics, and nerfing the uber powerful like Thor, Hulk, etc so that they are still the most powerful in the group, but not so unbelievably powerful that it seems like nothing poses a threat to them.

This holds especially true in team movies, like the Avengers and eventually, the Justice League. If Thor and Hulk were as powerful as the Man of Steel and Doomsday, they could have handled the Chitauri invasion and the Ultron army by themselves, and it takes away from the team aspect of the movie. I'm fine with characters being more powerful in solo movies because it is their movie, but not team movies.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fifthchild

I think the powerlevels seem fine (from what we've seen). Superman can be hurt by the gunfire from the Batship, hes not so fast that Batman cant evade his heat vision. I dont see anything that screams that he is ultra powerful compared to MCU Hulk or Thor.

And from the little we saw of Doomsday he seems fine also for a guy who is going to be the villain who fights Supes/Bats/WW.

Uk2897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: Nah Supes tanked the bullets like they were nothing. In one clip he just got up and looked all badass.

Also... No. I don't think they're too powerful. Supes and Doomsday r nowhere near too OP... You know who is.. Saitama!!! Lol. Brandon Routh Supes lifted an island.. A HUGE ONE.. While being under the effect of kryptonite.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Too op? Nah. Obviously Doomsday gonna toss around WW and SM so I doubt that. Then eventually in the end, they're gonna find a way to stop or get rid of DD. The trailer seems promising (especially Wonder Woman) so I'll see.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthunder4:

This is kinda of funny you know.

People going to see a movie about superheroes. People that can fly, shoot beams through their eyes. And expect reality.

Reality is already out the window. What one can except is consistency. That Superman doesn't pull a power up out of thin air and beats Doomsday single-handedly.

Also this Doomsday isn't like the Doomsday we know of. The Doomsday DC fans came to know was the ultimate evolution experiment. He could adapt to everything that didn't immediately kill him and he could revive himself, more powerful than before.

The Doomsday we saw in the trailer, will either be created using Zod genetic material or it will be Zod dead body reanimated and mutated. So most likely Doomsday will have kryptonian level power or slightly higher. But basically kryptonian. I don't believe he's gonna be this uber powerhouse that nothing can stop.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I don't think Doomsday will be the level of a Kryptonian. Otherwise Superman would handle it alone. Completely putting aside Batman's lack of physical ability to help, Doomsday will be facing Superman and Wonder Woman. They will clearly struggle.

In my opinion, either Superman or Wonder Woman will be more than a match for him during the first encounter and possibly believe they have killed him. Then he comes back later on and he is such a force that they must work together.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not even that powerful

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Which is why they need a powerful and formidable opponent. ex. Doomsday.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday is the monster of destruction..their power levels needs to be absolutely incredible

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@fifthchild said:

I think the powerlevels seem fine (from what we've seen). Superman can be hurt by the gunfire from the Batship, hes not so fast that Batman cant evade his heat vision. I dont see anything that screams that he is ultra powerful compared to MCU Hulk or Thor.

And from the little we saw of Doomsday he seems fine also for a guy who is going to be the villain who fights Supes/Bats/WW.

Cav-El wasn't being hurt by the bullets, he literally rose up and looked around while they were being shot at him, as if they weren't there.

Also, what does Superman's heat vision speed have to do with his own speed?

MoS Superman would destroy MCU Hulk and Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.