about Bats killing people???

#1 Posted by desmond006 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

needless to say spoilers

You can skip this part and go straight to the question, I'm just going to let you know where I'm coming from. so when I first heard bat mans kills prior to the movie being release I was upset but felt I could get over it if this version of batman was cool enough. Fast forward to me sitting in the theater, I was enjoying the Batman that was presented on screen. However, in the following hours after my theater experience I began to have more and more of an issue with this batman. His killing doesn't make any sense to me, so can someone explain it to me or tell me if I'm mistaken.

The first time we see Batman he brands a sex trafficker, and its stated that guy will most likely be murdered in prison. At the end of the movie, Alexander Luther releases doomsday upon the planet, killing Batman's new best friend. My issue comes in between these two moments, the bat mobile sequence.

So Bats kills a bunch of dudes right. 1) I'm not sure they were doing anything illegal. They were just transporting kryptonite, which shouldn't be a crime. 2) Even if it is a crime in Gotham or Metropolis, I'm pretty sure it isn't punishable by death. 3) Also, at this point in the movie I'm pretty sure Lex Luther had congressional approval to make a kryptonite weapon. So doesn't that mean Batman just murdered a bunch of government contractors. 4) Now if what I believe to be true is actually true, Batman is totally a villain in that sequence right? Like hes not even a anti hero, hes a straight up bad guy. 5) So now in Justice League there has to be a scene with Batman testifying before congress about killing bunch of people.

so let me know if I misinterpreted something and this whole post was pointless.

#2 Posted by mfr55 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor had no approval to use the kryptonite,these guys were bandits hired by lex Luthor(KGBeast was there dude),batman was killing before no reason for testifying before congress about killing bunch of people who are directed involved with the man who planed the capitol bombing

And bruce and clark never became friends,Bruce realized clark was a good guy and stopped trying to kill him

Avatar image for hauntedgraveyard
#3 Edited by HauntedGraveyard (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Accidentally flagged you comment. So sorry. Was using a touch device and my finger gently tapped it. Sorry. Mods, please ignore that flag

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.