atomicrobo5's Batman: The Return #1 - Planet Gotham review

Avatar image for atomicrobo5
  • atomicrobo5 wrote this review on .
  • atomicrobo5 has written a total of 27 reviews. The last one was for

Perfect Jumping On Point

I think that sums this up rather well.  After well over a year of building momentum to this point finally Bruce Wayne is back and in back under the cape and cowl.  For someone looking to get into the Batman Universe this is the perfect place to start as you don't necessarily have had to have been reading Batman and the related family of books for the last couple of years to enjoy this book.

Bruce lays out his plan for the future and puts a little birdie in his place (my favorite moment of the book) and we get to see some of his new wonderful toys.  With Batman Incorporated being the new unifying factor for the Bat Books you might as well get in on the ground floor and see where the ride is going to take Bruce and crew.

In the end we get a few things answered such as why in the heck do we need two Batman running around in Gotham?  Bruce firmly stated that Dick with Robin on tow are the guardians of Gotham and that Dick has earned the mantle of Batman and Bruce does not have any plans of taking it away from him.  He also slams Robin down to earth point blank telling him that they will never work together as Batman and Robin.

Wonderful artwork and for once Morrison did not make me feel like an idiot that had to read the book twice to get it.